“Location, Location, Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Wilmington, Delaware
“Location, Location, Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We arrived at the Brooks Hotel at 10:30 am after an overnight flight from Philadelphia. Our room, an upgrade, was ready for us which was wonderful. The hotel is perfectly located so you can walk everywhere within a short period of time. The breakfasts were delicious and the staff very accommodating. I would recommend Boulevard Cafe for lunch, Gogarty's and Il Baccaro for dinner. Book of Kells within Trinity College is fascinating. If we ever traveled to Dublin again, we would stay at the Brooks Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel itself is in a fantastic location and the room was great. On arrival they told me I had a free upgrade...it was late in the evening and the curtains were already closed. During the night I could hear a strange humming noise but put it down to the air con. In the morning when I opened the curtains I noticed I had what can only be described as a full air conditioning system for the hotel outside my window. They did try and cover some of this with some nice plants. So if they offer you an upgrade to room 101 say thanks but no thanks.

Room Tip: The rooms were a little outdated but spotless and big.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hawkwell, hockley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Have just returned from a wonderful weekend in Dublin to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. The hotel was very warm and welcoming and a little haven in the middle of a busy city. We were upgraded to a deluxe room (309) and had no complaints with it at all. The bed was very comfortable and huge! Great location close enough to everything but not noisy. Good pub at the end of the street - The Hairy Lemon. Great atmosphere and great staff. All in all we would highly recommend this hotel.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I'm a big vacation researcher, so I looked into a lot of hotels before finding The Brooks, and I'm so glad I did. My husband and I have traveled extensively and have gotten a bit spoiled by staying in some very nice hotels on business, so we knew we didn't want to cut corners, but we certainly weren't looking to blow our savings on our first foray to Ireland. Brooks fit the bill.
First of all, the LOCATION is really ideal for exploring the city. Temple Bar, Grafton St., Christchurch Cathedral, Trinity College and the Book of Kells- all are right nearby. We took a cab to the Guiness Storehouse, but it was walkable as well (maybe in warmer weather). The neighborhood is vibrant and safe, with plenty of pubs, restaurants, take-away counters (don't miss Lemon- the crepe and coffee place on the corner), shops and boutiques. We paid in advance and got the room-only rate, which I recommend. You can do the Irish breakfast thing at your next countryside inn or B&B- in Dublin I think it's best to grab a bite when you get out to explore.
ROOM-wise, we were pleased. We stayed at the beginning and end of our trip, so we had the opportunity to see two different rooms. The first, 601, was small (to be expected for the primo location), but well appointed and comfortable. It's standard practice in UK and Ireland for two twin beds to be pushed together to make a king, and even though I understand the motivation, I think I'll always find it annoying. Be prepared to unplug the radio or tv to charge your cellphone. Alas, the complete lack of free outlets was another trend we noticed traveling the country. 601's bathroom was huge and well laid-out, though I'd love to recommend those crescent shower rungs to make the shower a bit more comfortable (I'm rather petite, and I peeled the curtain off of myself more than once. Too much information??). I'd also recommend they welcome the hairdryer to the 21st century and maybe make an upgrade there. But we were there for 3 nights and all in all, felt very at home. Our second room, 514, was very similar, with a tad more space in the room, and a more average size bathroom.
OVERALL, I would absolutely recommend this hotel to those exploring Dublin's city center. Visit Merchant's Arch pub in Temple Bar (by the Ha'penny bridge), San Lorenzo's on Great George's Street for lunch or dinner, Accent right around the corner on Lower Stephens is great for cappuccino in the morning, and a terrific ladies' boutique the opposite direction on Stephens (on way to Grafton St.). Really just wander- you can't go wrong.

Oceanside, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We arrived on a rainy evening and were warmly greeted by many staff members upon entering. Very professional, dedicated and helpful staff. Nice restaurant and bar. Freshly prepared food. Great breakfast offering with the B&B plan. Hotel had a rich classy feel. Room felt a little cramped, but still very good.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

After a loooong flight from Australia, we booked into this beautiful hotel in a fantastic location in Dublin for 2 nights.
Our room was so clean and comfortable and the breakfast was the probably one of the best we had all through the UK and Europe!
The staff, reception, concierge and restaurant - were all professional and attentive.
We returned for one night before we left Ireland, and were given an upgrade to another lovely room - again a very comfortable bed and nights' stay!
Would return in a heart beat!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Retford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is a fab hotel with extremely good staff. The rooms are nice and comfortable and the residents lounge is superb. The bar and restaurant are good. The consierge is very attentive and a wealth of knowledge. The location is great, grafton st one way for shopping and Dame st the other for nightlife. Well definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Brooks Hotel? Share your experiences!