“Great stay in Dublin” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

You added The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lower Ormond Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland (Formerly Morrison Hotel)   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #8 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great stay in Dublin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Just returned from our Ireland trip. We spent 7 nights at the Morrison. Two weekend nights were free from the Citi Hilton credit card and the other five nights I used as a points/award stay. Friendly staff whenever we encountered them or had questions, always smiling and willing to assist. I do not believe we were upgraded as far as room type for being gold members, but the free breakfast, wifi and welcome dessert trays were enough to keep us happy. The location is excellent not far at all from shopping areas (Jervis, Henry St, O'Connell st) walk across the bridge for Temple Bar, Close to many restaurants and pubs. Internet was fast and reliable, breakfast was enjoyable and had a nice selection (my wife loves the french toast with the tate and lyle syrup). Room service was decent and the staff excellent in helping us get the mini bar restocked or more necessities for coffee. The only drawback for my wife was that our room did not have a bathtub. After walking all over Dublin and doing multiple day tours she wanted to soak her feet. For the most part the room #307 was quiet and relaxing, Friday night got a little loud with people outside smoking from the lounge. Thankfully we were able to fall asleep as we had a Saturday departure.The chocolate cookie at check-in was divine. We would stay here again if we are fortunate enough to make a return trip.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Hawaiishark71,

Thank you so very much for your review of the Morrison Hotel, we appreciate the time it takes and we use guest feedback as a tool for continually improving our hotel and the services we provide.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you received all your Hilton Honors benefits, unfortunatly upgrades are not always available however when available we upgrade our Hilton members. Rm 307 is a deluxe room and these room types do not have bath tubs. Our standard rooms however have bath tubs and should you return to Dublin and wish to stay please do not hesitate to ask us for a room with a tub, or if you do stay with us again please call the front desk at any time and let us know what you need,our team are always at hand to do anything possible to improve your experience.
Thank you for also mentioning that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful, we work very hard to provide the very best in customer service and so i will pass in your review to the team as I am sure they will appreciate it.

Thank you so much again and I hope to see you back soon,

Marion O Connor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The rooms are amazing! Not always practical but really funky and cool. Staff are helpful. In the heart of activity. Near a lot of things to see and do. The breakfasts in the morning exceeded expectation and the servers were just amazing. I recommend this place if you are visiting and like eating at hotel restaurants and being near attractions.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear SedonaRedRocky,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience at The Morrison Hotel, it is much appreciated.
I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, I was especially happy that you enjoyed the breakfast so much. We are very proud of our expansive breakfast offering and believe we have something for everyone. For you to write that it 'exceeded your expectations' is the biggest compliment we can get so I will be sure to pass your review on to the breakfast team.
I was also delighted to see that the location of the hotel was convenient for your needs, we are very centrally located and within walking distance of most attractions Dublin has to offer.

Thank you again for your time and I hope to see you again soon,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Myself and a friend had a girly weekend away, without the children, this was just a perfect hotel! The hotel had a Great location just on the riverside, about 2-3 minutes walk from temple bar , the hotel had friendly staff, glorious food and lovely room. The bar had a live band playing in the evening who were fabulous! I would highly recommend this place. I'm definitely going to come back, this time with my family and for longer!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear MissA,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us at The Morrison Hotel, It was a pleasure to read and I am so glad that you both enjoyed your girls night away.

I was especially pleased to read that you enjoyed the bar and the band. We have live music in our bar, Quay 14, every Friday and Saturday night, so I am glad you got to experience it during your stay. It was also nice to see that the location was convenient for you both, we are within walking distance of most shops, visitor attractions, bars and restaurants so you will never be short of things to do.

I sincerely hope we can welcome you and your family back very soon, or indeed another girls night out,

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was looking for a good value near Temple Bar and for a Sunday night the Morrison was it.
Strange boutique decor and although my large Junior Suite was nice, the view of the neighbors backyards, sheds and smoking was not something I would pay a lot for.
If you don't look out the window, its a really nice room on second floor.
Staff was very helpful, let me check in early, upgraded me and answered a bunch of questions!
Location is great, Temple Bar right across the bridge
I will definetley stay there again, if I can get a good rate.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the Liffey, the other views are crap.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear syBoston,

Thank you for your review of the hotel, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review.
I was glad to read that you found the staff to be helpful and were able to assist in answering any questions you had. I am also happy that we could accommodate an upgrade for you. Regardsing the view, as we are a city centre hotel we do not advertise having views however we do have some rooms that face the river. We also have inner facing rooms onto the hotels courtyard, if you are returning to us please do not hesitate to request a one of these room types.
I was happy that the location was convenient for you, we are very centrally located and are within walking distance of most attracti9ons Dublin has to offer, I sincerely hope you got to see and do all that you had planned to.

Thank you again for your time and I hope we can welcome you back in the very near future,

Kindest Regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Was really looking forward to this hotel. Unfortunately, due to the hotel's central location, my room was very noisy!

Service was amazing and we were looked after.

Food was fantastic and loved the huge breakfast.

Room Tip: Don't go on the first floor, very noisy! I was above the side road.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Complimentary warm cookies on arrival were amazing, reception staff were very polite and pleasant. Happy to help with anything my girlfriend and I needed, very clean and modern inside, our king junior suite was a perfect size, huge bed and very spacious with a beautiful river view. The location of the morrison was ideal for getting to nightlife, pubs, resteraunts, shops and only a short taxi ride to the zoo. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in dublin... And I will certainly be visiting dublin again and will be staying at the morrison. Thankyou

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I didn't realize that there was a Doubletree in Dublin, so when I saw this, I decided to try it out. The location is really handy, just up the road from the ha'penny bridge. As soon as you walk in you can see how modern and clean the hotel is. My room was at the back of the hotel with not much of a view, but the room was stylish, with a nice sitting area and mood lighting. The bathroom was stylish too. The robe and slippers are always a nice touch. I only stayed for one night and struggled with the room temperature, ending up opening the window. I was surprised at the lack of road noise and managed to sleep OK, until the seagulls woke me. The staff were also very helpful and polite. I will try the hotel again and hope that I don't have the same issues.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear SDwoo,

Thank you for your review of the Morrison Hotel, we appreciate your feedback and will use it to continually improve our service.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your room and our new decor, our maintenance and accommodation teams work very hard to maintain the hotel to the highest standard so they will appreciate your mentioning it. I am sorry you had issues with the room temperature, if ever you have issues please do not hesitate to call our front desk team who are on duty 24 hours a day to assist with any issues such as this. Also if you are retuening to us please feel free to write a note on your booking requesting a quiet room as we have inner facing rooms whereby you will have no issue with noise from the street, or seagulls hopefully!

I do hope we can welcome you back again and hopefully have a problem free and enjoyable stay with us.

Kindest Regards,

Marion O Connor

Been to The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!