“One of the Best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Surfside, Florida
“One of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

One of the finest properties I've ever stayed in anywhere. The accommodations were wonderful, the service outstanding, the grounds and gardens delightful and the location is perfect. Great food, great ambience and the staff could not do enough for you. They were friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and quick to respond to your every need.

Our stay was outstanding in every possible way.

We will use The Merrion as a centerpiece for a return trip to Ireland in the next few years .

Room Tip: I don't think you could get a bad one.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with the entire team. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

1,457 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were there the first week in October, 2013. The care and attention from the staff here is extraordinary in every way. Excellent location, and Ireland's only two-star restaurant is on premises. Try it!

Room Tip: Get to know Patrick, the concierge, and you will be ahead of the game from the start
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at the Merrion in Sept. On arrival in Dublin for 2 nights and at departure from Dublin for two nights. It's a very nice hotel and it's a good location where you can walk to shopping etc... There is also a hop on hop off bus stop right near the hotel. I would not qualify the hotel as a 5 star but would put it in the category of clean, well sized rooms and very good service. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for one of the more recently remodeled rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed at the Merrion a couple of weeks ago as it was the hotel my group decided to book.

The location is quite central. It is an old fashioned 5 star where you will be well taken care of.

The staff is very friendly and very attentive to service.

Beds are comfortable and the room I stayed in was huge.

I had a view onto the Beautiful garden which I was unable to visit as it rained the entire time I was there.

A small criticism on the breakfast. It was not worth the €29 I paid. Despite having so many staff, I struggled to get a glass of orange juice (I had to ask 3 times).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us which I was delighted to read.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us on the whole Thank you for the feedback about your experience in the Cellar Restaurant at breakfast which I have taken onboard fully.

I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Catlin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We booked this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and were not ill advised. We spent five wonderful nights here and everything was top notch. Our room was serviced early and this was ideal for a short afternoon rest each day before heading out again. Every member of the staff is courteous and helpful and gracious. We had afternoon tea on Friday; they call it Art Tea. It was a highlight of the trip. The pastry chef is a master at creating teacakes inspired by paintings hung around the hotel. A unique and delicious experience. We stayed in the garden section of the hotel and each morning and evening walked past and though a lovely, sculpture filled garden. Our room was large, lovely, and quiet. Elegant drawing rooms burning logs and peat welcomed us each day as we entered the hotel.

Dear Guest,

Both my colleagues and I found your kind words extremely encouraging, they speak for themselves really.

Thank you again and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms. Efficient and very comfortable, with everything you need. Good service. Friendly and helpful. Interesting architecture. Terrible service in their restaurant, but otherwise very nice. Just don't eat in the Cellar.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I was most concerned to read of your experience at dinner in the Cellar Restaurant and I have already followed this up with the team as this is most unusual feedback for us to hear. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced and I only hope it will not deter you from staying with us again and to that end please do not hesitate to contact me personally so I can make the necessary arrangements.

Waterloo, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights as part of our anniversarry trip to Ireland. The Merrion was so lovely! Rooms and facilities were as described on their website, but it was all the small details that made this place amazing. Nicest room I've ever had in Europe, with a wonderful bathroom with shower and a tub. We had one breakfast at the hotel restaurant and some drinks at the Cellar Bar - both were great.
Right after we checked in,the hotel sent up a tasty chocolate mousse as an anniversarry treat - yum!

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the absolutely fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments about the team and facilities here at The Merrion. It really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you and your husband did particularly on the occasion of your Anniversary which we were delighted to commemorate!

Peter Mac Cann

Been to The Merrion Hotel? Share your experiences!