“Fantastic!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 175 Hotels in Dublin
Hertford
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've been lucky enough to stay here many times and it is always superb. The rooms are bright and relaxing, the beds very comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful.

The Cellar Bar and Restaurant are both fantastic with excellent food and drink, including expertly mixed cocktails.

The spa treatments, according to my wife, are splendid and the pool is perfect.

I can't praise this hotel highly enough and am looking forward to my next visit already!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors are better in the Garden Wing.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and your visits to our restaurants, bars and of course our Spa. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Peter Mac Cann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
South Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Twenty-five family members spent a memorable week at the Merrion from June 8th until June 15th. The service and ambiance were first class and having been there 5 years ago, the place only gets better with age.
I want to point out and acknowledge one individual who works at the Merrion that I didn't even meet until I got back home to New Jersey.
When our plane touched down in Atlantic City concluding a remarkable family reunion in Dublin, my luggage wasn't there. Calls by the pilot back to the airport in Dublin were fruitless. The bag was not at the airport, not on the bus that took us there and not left in the lobby back at the Merrion. Enter Merrion Concierge, Sean Lally.
Sean phoned me 4 times over the weekend, he was as determined to find my bag as I was; he even reviewed video tapes and found me handing the bag to another concierge and him placing it on the bus. A further search of the bus found the bag in an area away from where other bags were placed. Sean phoned me on Sunday morning with the good news and assured me the bag would be mailed out to my home, immediately. It arrived safely on Wednesday.
It's this kind of service that sets the Merrion apart from other hotels, not just in Ireland, but all over the world. It's the Sean Lally's who take such pride in their vocation that they continue to provide the ultimate in customer service even when the customer is no longer a guest.
Thank you, Sean, for your professional and caring attitude.

Frank Nerney

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at The Merrion and for your comprehensive feedback.

I have shared your wonderful comments with all the team here who join me in thanking you. We are all genuinely delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay so much and I am also appreciative of your particularly nice feedback about Sean Lally which I can assure you he was delighted to hear about!

We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again very soon.

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was our first trip to Ireland (mid to late May 2013) and it would be impossible for the hotel to make our trip any better. We spent a week at the Merrion and they did everything to make this the most enjoyable vacation we have ever had. From the monent we arrived with the greeting at the door, the grereting at the front desk, to the immediate availability of the room and to the staff at every level (housekeeping, staff in the Cellar Restaurant for breakfast and dinner, staff in Bar 27 and Cellar Bar), it was the most accommodating hotel in which we have stayed. It is within walking distance of all major tourist araes and attractions (museums, restaurants, Trinity College, Temple Bar, Dublin Castle, etc.). Our balcony overlooked the garden with a view of James Joyce every morning. The breakfast is suitable for anyone from those looking for a full Irish breakfast to those just looking for fruit or a bowl of cereal. The meals were excellent from full evening dinners in the Cellar Restaurant, pub food in the Cellar Bar and elegant meals in Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud which is attached to the hotel. this is a 5 star hotel in every respect and we cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: the rooms overlooking the garden cannot be beat
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the absolutely wonderful and wide-ranging review following your recent stay with us which I was delighted to read.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments about the team here at The Merrion. I must say it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did and thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to post it; we all greatly appreciate it. I am delighted that had such a memorable stay and your feedback has given the entire team a big boost.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Arrived from Atlanta after a delayed flight and was exhausted. Our room wasn't ready so they upgraded us to a deluxe King room.
The staff were all outstanding and attentive to our every need. The room was beautiful and quiet. The bed comfy. A great place to adjust to a long travel day. The pool was great and the breakfast heavenly. My only regret is we only had one night here before hitting the countryside.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

We were all delighted to read of how much you enjoyed your stay. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and that you have more time with us the enjoy the surroundings and facilities on offer here at The Merrion!

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was our first visit to Dublin. Our impression of this beautiful city and
notably The Merrion Hotel was amazing. We loved the comfortable drawing rooms,beautiful and functional bedroom/bathroom, and magnificent artwork displayed throughout the hotel. Our balcony window overlooked the sculpture garden with
James Joyce in prominent view.All the staff were most welcoming,kind and genuinely interested in our welfare:from the doormen , to reception,to the servers in the tearooms and in both bars.It was hands down the best hotel experience we have ever had.The location is central and perfect to access parks,hop on hop off bus,shopping,and excellent restaurants.

Barbara and Fred McManus Montreal Quebec Canada

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the fantastic review following your recent stay and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and that you and your family have another memorable stay with us.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Mawgan Porth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Within walking distance of main tourist areas and surrounded by cafes, pubs and convenience stores. Walking distance from Aircoach stops Dawson Street and Trinity College.
The bedroom was nicely furnished but rather tired furniture and carpets , did not have tea/coffee making facilities, you have to ring down to reception and they bring you a tray. Huge marble bathroom and lovely luxury toiletries, again tired . Fab pool and spa area including steam room.
The staff everywhere were exceptionally helpful and polite,public lounges were tastefully decorated, but on the Saturday afternoon were full of afternoon tea bookings, so there was no where for residents to sit. Thought the price tag of £260 (room only ) was expensive . I did mention the tired room on checkout and was told they are part way through a refurb, and our room was yet to be done and to be fair the hotel did give me a partial refund which was much appreciated. I look forward to staying again in the future but in a refurbished room. It was good to see and experience service how it should be and recommend you stay !

Room Tip: Refurbed room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your kind comments about the service and facilities here at the Hotel along with your constructive feedback which I have taken onboard fully and thank you also for bringing it to our attention while you were here.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again and that your visit then will be a truly memorable one.

Marco Island, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Our recent stay at the Merrion was wonderful. From the moment we walked in the door until our departure we were amazed with the excellent detail to service. Kudos to the entire staff for a job well done.
It's nice to see that a 5 star hotel follows through from beginning to end. We look forward to a future stay at the Merrion Hotel.
Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review following your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience.

Both my colleagues and I were delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Peter Mac Cann

Been to The Merrion Hotel? Share your experiences!