“Merrion Hotel - Best of All Worlds” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Dine & Dream in Luxury
Ranked #1 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
New York City, New York
“Merrion Hotel - Best of All Worlds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The four nights we spent at the Merrion Hotel in late December 2012 were nothing short of excellent. The location, price, old Dublin feel, and modern conveniences came together to create the perfect experience. The people and service were great (very large staff). The multiple bars and restaurants provided the full set of options. And the afternoon tea, while difficult to get a reservation, was a perfect touch. And the location adjacent to St Stephen's Green was close enough to all shopping, museums, and attractions without feeling like you were in the "tourists".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and that you and your family have another memorable stay with us. Thank you again for your kind words.

Peter Mac Cann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
longford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed last week for one night on €270 five star steal. Makes it within reach of us ordinary mortals. Delighted I got to see Christmas decorations in hotel, lovely time of year to stay. Had a pre dinner cocktail included in package, wow it was fab! Have no complaints, always find staff very professional and courteous. Everyone should try and stay at least one night here in their lifetime. It is my ambition that when all my children have grown up and flown the nest, I intend to stay over the Christmas period. Thanks for another lovely visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.

Frederiksberg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had the tremendous pleasure to stay at The Merion Hotel for one week. It is the best hotel experience I have ever had. The service at the hotel can simply be described as perfect. The staff did absolutely everything they could to make the stay as good as one could wish. The room I stayed at was spacious, facing the beautiful garden. The location of the hotel is centrally within walking distance of more places of interest, and the restaurant at the Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud offers you outstanding classic French cuisine.
We will definitely visit Dublin within soon - if not for other reasons, then - to stay at this fantastic hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the garden are wonderful - look for a bright room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at The Merrion.

I have shared your wonderful comments with all the team here who join me in saying a “big thank you” also. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much; your comment that you would look forward to returning to Dublin just to stay with us says it all really – thank you.

To that end I hope we have the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again very soon.

cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed at the merrion for one night, what a fabulous place, pleasant staff , comfortable room, swimming pool is fab, we had a meal in the celllar bar which do a great fish & chips , over all the merrion is good for families, couples of business, hope to call back soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with the entire team here. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed at The Merrion for three nights between Xmas and New Year. This is our third visit and, again, didn't disappoint. Wonderful friendly service. The afternoon tea in front of the fire is a must but book in advance. The staff couldn't do enough to assist and make our stay comfortable.Tried the Cellar Restaurant on the first night and enjoyed a lovely dinner with great service.

We couldn't recommend The Merrion highly enough and looking forward to a return in the near future.

Room Tip: If possible book a superior or deluxe room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the absolutely wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments about the team here at The Merrion. I must say we get a great “buzz” when we read comments like yours; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. We are honoured that The Merrion continues to be your hotel of choice when you visit Dublin and I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had a wonderful Christmas 2011 at the Merrion, everything were amazing. Santa came to see all the kids in the hotel and gave them presents. You feel warmth inn the hotel, the staff were amazing, the room service was great. We had Christmas dinner there and it was so good. We wish we went there Christmas 2012 but we decided to have it at the four seasons and we were dissoaponted about the service and some staff there this time. Merrion hotel is great place for good service...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us at Christmas in 2011.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again, perhaps for next Christmas!

Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

stayed at the merrion for a couple of days break with family.Our room (the merrion suite 291) was fabulous.separate sitting room and bedroom with a massive bed.complimentary champagne on arrival too.Staff at check in where so helpful.The swimming pool is fabulous,so relaxing.We had a meal in the celllar bar the first evening and it was fantastic.Unfortunatly breakfast the following morning was very dissapointing. We were waiting over 30 mins for our cooked meal and when it arrived it was cold.given it costs 29 euro for a full irish you would expect it to be hot!
There is a problem with noise in the rooms with one of our party changing rooms on the second night due to really creaky floor boards in the room above us.The second night there was a wedding in the function room directly below our room and I didnt get any sleep till after 4am.
I did bring this to the attention of the staff and they were apologetic about it but it might be an idea to place wedding guests in the rooms above the function room and not familys.
Breakfast the second morning was a vast improvement.
we will hopefully come back soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to post it; we all greatly appreciate it

Firstly I would like to apologise for the shortcomings you experienced at breakfast the first morning of your stay. I am only too aware of how frustrating this can be first thing in the morning moreover after you have had a fitful night’s sleep due to noise disturbance. I am pleased to see that the second morning was an improvement and that you enjoyed your suite and your dinner in the Cellar Bar.

Thank you again for bringing these matters to my attention and I am delighted that they will not deter you from staying with us again. To that end I would be very grateful if you would contact me personally so as I can make the arrangements personally for your next stay which I can assure you will be faultless.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Peter Mac Cann

Been to The Merrion Hotel? Share your experiences!