we stayed here for four nights in July. The location is right in the heart of the temple bar district and right beside the actual temple bar. We couldn't have chosen a better located hostel. We booked a private double ensuite room and it was clean enough but very very small for two people. We barely had room to walk around the bed once we got our luggage in. The hostel is not air conditioned, and this was a problem in July. We had a juliette balcony so we were able to open the door for air but there was a lot of noise so it couldn't be left open if we wanted to get a good sleep. The common areas were decent, we used the lounge for wifi but we never had the breakfast (try elephant and castle just down the street! delicious) The staff was very helpful and friendly. Overall if you don't plan on staying in the room for too long than this hostel is great, just a little cramped and hot in the middle of the summer.
- Also Known As:
- Barnacles Hostel Temple Bar Hotel
- Barnacles Hostel Temple Bar Hotel Dublin
- Barnacles Dublin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Start your Irish experience at Barnacles Hostel Temple Bar, the perfect location to explore Dublin City. Barnacles hostels in Dublin and Galway are specifically designed for you, the modern day global backpacker - with state of the art facilities, superior comfort and a relaxed and friendly vibe, all at affordable rates. You can find the Barnacles team 24 hours a day, ready to give you tips and local knowledge on how best to enjoy your time with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Otel, Priceline and HostelBookers so you can book your Barnacles Hostel Temple Bar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.