“Another great stay at the Skylon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Best Western Dublin Skylon Hotel

You added Best Western Dublin Skylon Hotel to your Saves list
Best Western Dublin Skylon Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Upper Drumcondra Road | Drumcondra, Dublin 9, Ireland (Formerly Dublin Skylon Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Internet Special
Ranked #50 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Belfast
“Another great stay at the Skylon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I had a 3 day conference in Dublin so stayed at the Skylon.
Lovely big room, bright, airy and very clean.
Great staff, good craic in the bar at night.
Food as good as ever... You can not beat the fry up at breakfast!
Thanks again, will be back soon :)

• Stayed February 2013
Relations Manag... ., General Manager at Best Western Dublin Skylon Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Aidy

Many thanks for staying with us at the Skylon again. I am delighted that you enjoyed the craic in the bar, We hope to see you again soon.

Shane G.M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Cumnock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

i would like to thank the skylon for a great stay.the hotel is stunning and the staff can't do enough for you!!we arrived early and the hotel gave us a room to keep our bags in until our rooms was ready.as it was a hen doo they opened the bar for us after we had a hearty breakfast !!!the barman ALLAN had a lot to put up with at that time in the morning but nothing was a problem to him !!!as soon as our rooms were ready we were given them well before the 2pm check in!the rooms were stunning and loads of space and very well decorated!special thanks to PAUL who made sure we had everything we asked for and was like our personal guide and was able to inform us with the right information to make our stay brilliant.hope to visit again soon!!x

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Senga N,

I am so delighted that all your group enjoyed your stay at the Skylon. We need another of you girls to get married soon because we are doing Full Irish Breakfasts with Cosmopolitan Cocktails for you - thats the future! Wee Alan, Big Paul and all that staff send their love - Hope to see you all soon xx

G.M.
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I would just like to thank the skylon for a great stay. Great accommodation, food and fantastic staff. We will definitely be back to stay. As soon as we arrived before check-in time, we were allocated our room straight away. The executive suite we had was very spacious at the front of the hotel but was very quiet even though on an extremely busy road. Transport to the centre of Dublin excellent bus service is constant. however, you can walk into O'Connell street in 30-35mins.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the executive suites. They are very spacious
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationSkylon, General Manager at Best Western Dublin Skylon Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Biddyd,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Many thanks for your lovely comments about our accomodation, food and staff. I am very lucky to have brilliant staff - they are superstars! I hope that you will return to us soon. Drop me an e-mail when you are next returning as it would be lovely to meet you smcgavock@dublinskylonhotel.com

Regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My stay was for 4 nights last week. I was staying at a hotel alone for the first time, and was a little nervous. There was no need to be, as I felt very warmly welcomed, my room was warm and comfortable, and the staff couln't do enough for me. I had stayed there before, so it felt very much at home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
205Annie,

I am delighted that you had such a comfortable stay with us. You were so nice to us all during your stay! All the staff send their regards and we hope to see you back at the Skylon soon. Drop me an e-mail and let me know when you are returning - smcgavock@dublinskylonhotel.com.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed for two nights. Arrived really early and was allocated a room straight away, despite the check-in time being 2pm. Staff were really friendly throughout our stay.

Had a bit of an issue with our room in the evening (facility issue and barking dog!) We were moved almost immediately without having to ask. Top service.

Beds comfortable, bathroom clean, shower nice.

Location really convenient for the city centre, the airport and the botanical gardens.

The only complaint I'd make, if I had to, would be the temperature of the room at night - much too hot - we popped a window open, and solved the issue.

Would definitely stay again if I happened to be in town.

• Stayed February 2013
GuestRelationSkylon, General Manager at Best Western Dublin Skylon Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear The-RobertB83,

Many thanks for coming to stay with us. I am delighted that my front desk team got you checked-in early and that you found all the staff really friendly - we appreciate your kind comments. Thankfully the barking dog has not been heard of since and the room temperature can be adjusted by the thermostat but I think I may have the hotel too hot at present; I am always mindful of my international guests - I would hate for them to think that Ireland is cold!

I am delighted to hear that you are coming back to stay with us again. Drop me an e-mail when you are returning as it would be lovely to meet you the next time smcgavock@dublinskylonhotel.com

GM
Milan, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My mum and I stayed in this Hotel 3 years ago..It was a terrible experience!!
The hotel assegned us the room..but, when we returned from our trip of the city, they had assegned our room to the other people, who looked in our lugguge. It was an incredible thing!!
when I was going to the recepition, I asked them to tell with general manager; after that, the first night slept in the bleak and small room and for other nights, general manager assegned us a suit and he gave back the money.
But,the staf wasn't sociable and was chilly!
I never go back again!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Camillina

Sorry to hear about your experinece of the hotel when you stayed 3 years ago. You will be pleased to learn that much has changed since you last stayed at the hotel. The Skylon is now a Best Western Hotel with a new management and front desk team. I would love you to come back to the hotel and I personally guarantee that you will have an exceptional stay with us. Please contact me directly the next time that you are returning to Dubln smcgavock@dublinskylonhotel.com

Shane Mc Gavock
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed in many hotels, Best Western are differ based on locale and size. This was a medium sized hotel with good comfortable facilities. I had been allocated an executive room which consisted of a double and 2 single beds. Why an executive room requires more beds I don't understand. The beds are satisfactory but the rooms where just too warm, there was very little you could do about it. The reception area is pleasant and the bar is comfortable. The breakfast service was speedy and the quality was acceptable.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GuestRelationSkylon, General Manager at Best Western Dublin Skylon Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Mark

Many thanks for your nice comments about breakfast, bar and breakfast. With regard to the room type I would suggest one of our double rooms with one large super kingsize bed might be more appropriate if you are staying on your own. At this time of year we do have the heat on for long periods but the there is a thermostat to control the temperature in the room. I hope to meet you the next time that you return. Please drop me a quick e-mail before hand and I will look after your room allocation personally - smcgavock@dublinskylonhotel.com

Shane Mc Gavock
Best Western Dublin Skylon Hotel

Been to Best Western Dublin Skylon Hotel? Share your experiences!