“Great location, lovely suite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Suites Dublin Leeson Street

You added Premier Suites Dublin Leeson Street to your Saves list
Premier Suites Dublin Leeson Street
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   14-17 Lower Leeson St, Dublin 2, Ireland (Formerly Stephen's Hall Hotel & Suites) (South City Centre)   |
Ranked #3 of 89 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Great location, lovely suite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed in premier for one night to attend a concert at National Concert Hall, location of suites is very central, close to Stephen Green, Grafton Street, etc, underground parking is very convenient, reception staff very friendly and helpful, our room was very luxurious, spotlessly clean, kitchen area had a welcome pack, only stayed for one night so didn't use kitchen but well stock and all of very good standard, bathroom was fab with a great shower. Lovely seating area at reception with tea and coffee available, only wish we had more than one night stay to enjoy all that premier suites have to offer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
PremierSuitesDublin, Front Office Manager at Premier Suites Dublin Leeson Street, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Good afternoon wpttb,

Thank you very Much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following a recent visit to Premier Suites Dublin.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities and service to be excellent throughout. Thank you, I will pass on your kind words to my colleagues.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Premier Suites Dublin again in the near future and stay with us a little longer.

Best wishes

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed in one of the suites at Premier Suites last night when at the rugby. The location on the corner of St. Stephens Green on Leeson St. means everything is walking distance. Warm friendly and helpful reception (thanks Nick), parking in the basement and lovely clean suite. If highly recommend this place.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following a recent visit to Premier Suites Dublin.

The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities and service to be excellent throughout. I will pass on your kind words to my colleague Nick Williams, which I agree is an asset to our team.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to again in the near future.

Best wishes

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

One of the gentlemen working in the evening was VERY nice and helpful. We stayed in a one room apartment with a small kitchenette. The room was nice, however when we arrived it was dirty. One of the chairs had crumbs all over it from the prior guests. It just makes me wonder if such obvious cleaning was overlooked, how well are they really cleaning everything else? The location was good, a little removed from the sites, but not an unreasonable walk and the bus to the airport is literally right outside the door. The biggest disappointment was the morning I went out for an early run- my husband was out early for the day and when I arrived back after my run my key had stopped working. No one in the room to let me back in… It was chilly and I was soaked from running, when I tried to contact someone to get be back in the room, they were not able to help at all. I called the help number and they told me to sit outside and wait for a cab that MIGHT bring me a key. Needless to say I was extremely disappointed in their service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon Dawn S,

Thank you very much for reviewing our property. My sincere apologies with regard to the housekeeping issue, I have raised this with our accommodation department. I am very surprised to hear that you personally felt we were " a little removed from the sites " as we are a stone throw from the enterance of St. Stephen's Green ,minutes walk to the central shopping area of the famous Grafton St. and historic sites of Dublin one of which to mention Trinity College and more.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best regards

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Recently booked myself a 2 bedroom penthouse apartment for 3 nights for a sister and friend. FANTASTIC. We had been doing a 12 day drive tour and so welcomed a little longevity in the one place. Very comfortable beds after a series of questionable ones. What you see on the website is what you get. Apartment 403 great. Centrally located within steps of St Stephens Green. Our cabbie did not know of it but we found out they had recently had a name change so that may acount for it. A big thank you to the front office staff who were on 2, 3, 4 Oct. They were extremely helpful. Loved Dublin and will return as 3 days not enough. Our visit made even better by virtue of a great apartment with a reasonable price point.

Room Tip: Penthouse appt 403 was very good. 2nd bedroom my friend did say was on the street side and a little...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
PremierSuitesDublin, Front Office Manager at Premier Suites Dublin Leeson Street, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Good afternoon LuciaMcH,

Thank you firstly for reviewing our property so high. It's truly delightful to recieve this fantastic feedback from our guests. I am very happy to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us while holidaying in Dublin, Ireland. May you return to us on your next visit and stay a few days longer. We will be sure to look after you. I will pass on your sincere "thank you" to our wonderful staff here at Premier Suites Dublin.

Go Raibh Mile Maith agat
Regards

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed in two bedroom penthouse apartment for two nights. The apartment was immaculately clean and very well equipped. The reception staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Our booking was dealt with very efficiently from start to finish. We had a fabulous weekend and would thoroughly recommend this apartment to either a group of friends or a family.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor, there was a bit of traffic noise, but not enough to cause a problem.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
PremierSuitesDublin, Front Office Manager at Premier Suites Dublin Leeson Street, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Good Morning Nicki7008,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted you got to enjoy the facilities in our penthouse suite @ Premier Suites Dublin. We would be delighted to welcome you on your next return. May you keep an eye out for special deals in the future on our website!

www.premiersuitesdublin.com

Kindest regards

Springfield, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Premier Suites for a week while in Dublin. When you’re staying somewhere for a week, it's nice to have the space that's available in a self-catering flat, and Premier Suites provided that.

My biggest issue is that we were on the street side of the building on the first floor (second floor to US readers), and it was NOISY. We heard a lot of traffic noise, even late at night (I swear that, on the Tuesday night of our stay, every truck in Dublin circled the block all night long). We also heard noise from patrons of the pub and nightclub down the block as they staggered home in the wee hours. When we booked the room originally, I had booked a penthouse suite (based on Trip Advisor reviews that warned about street noise on the lower floors) only to find out that the penthouse suites are not non-smoking. Although I was assured that although "most" smokers use the balconies to smoke, not the units themselves, due to health concerns we felt that we couldn’t risk it and revised our reservation. We eventually had to go to Boots and buy earplugs – and my husband can usually sleep through anything.

With that said, we were generally very satisfied with the condition of our one-bedroom suite. The door opened onto a small entrance area with a small hall table and lamp and three doors: for the bathroom, the bedroom, and the living/dining room. Others have complained about the glass in the bathroom doors. Let me say that it's heavily frosted, so it's not that easy to see through. Plus, with the arrangement in our unit, someone would have to be standing right in front of the door to see anything. The bedroom had a good-sized bed (it seemed slightly larger than a queen), flanked by two night stands, and a small dressing table with mirror and wall-mounted hairdryer. There was also a small closet with space for hanging clothes and floor-to-ceiling shelves for everything else. The bedroom was the smaller of the two rooms, with just enough space to get around the bed. Once we'd unpacked for the week, our suitcases ended up sitting in the other room for the week as there was no space for them in the bedroom.

The other room had an attractive galley kitchen on one wall with a small area of tiled floor in front of it to mark it off as the kitchen. The rest of the room had a wooden floor (the bedroom was carpeted). It could really have done with an area rug to warm it up; without one, it seemed somewhat cold. There was a small table for two, a sofa, an armchair, and a desk. The sofa and armchair were taupe velvet with burgundy accent pillows. One of the things that I really loved about the building was that it is a Georgian building with very high ceilings and large windows. The windows in both the bedroom and living room had taupe and burgundy curtains from ceiling to floor.

The kitchen was well equipped and very clean, except for the toaster. The toaster was very old and banged up, with a lot of rust on the steel parts (i.e., the slots where the bread goes in and out). It was not appealing. The unit had a washer/dryer, and it was one small unit that was countertop-height disguised as a kitchen cabinet. So, after you do the laundry, you leave the clothes in it and then simply switch it to dryer mode. It saves space, which I know is at a premium in small apartments, but the trade-off for compact size seemed to be speed. I've never taken that long to do a small load of laundry in my life. The wash cycle was over an hour; the dryer time (for a load of tee shirts and tops) was over two hours. You couldn't go out and leave the dryer running as, in order for there to be electricity for everything but the refrigerator (on a separate circuit), a room key has to be inserted in a slot on the wall. We gave up and used the hotel's laundry service (€11 for a bag, I think) for some of the heavier stuff (jeans) and resorted to draping everything else over the ironing board so that we didn't have to sit in our room and babysit the washer/dryer.

With all of that said, Premier Suites has one of the most helpful staffs I've encountered in a long time. Whether it was calling a cab, providing information on the bus system, or making restaurant recommendations, they were unfailingly helpful and cheerful. The location is a short walk to St. Stephen's Green, a beautifully landscaped and well-maintained park. Across the park was the shopping area of Grafton Street, including the Stephen's Green mall. There were plenty of restaurants in the area (see my other reviews), and the location is walking distance to a number of museums and Trinity College. All in all, we were very pleased with our stay and would recommend Premier Suites.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon Carol757,

Thank you very much for your time to give a detailed review of our property. We really do appreciate your feedback . I will pass on your views to my colleagues. I am delighted to hear overall you thoroughly enjoyed your visit to Dubln and that you would recommend us and stay with again in the future.

I do hope that you make a return trip to Ireland.

Go Raibh Mile Maith agat.

Kindest regards

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Four friends in our 40s (eek) spent the weekend in the two double roomed apartment. Excellent standard, clean, comfortable, well equipped and ideally positioned to see all that Dublin has to offer. Bus routes immediately outside, our apartment was to the rear and was very quiet, except for sea gulls. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms to rear as front may be noisy
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
PremierSuitesDublin, Front Office Manager at Premier Suites Dublin Leeson Street, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Good afternoon East0n,

Thank you very much for your review and for rating us very high indeed. I am very happy to hear you and your friends enjoyed your visit to Dublin and that you comfortably enjoyed your stay with us. May you come stay with us again in the near future,

Go raibh mile maith agat

Front Office Manager

Been to Premier Suites Dublin Leeson Street? Share your experiences!