“Great Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Suites Dublin Leeson Street

You added Premier Suites Dublin Leeson Street to your Saves list
Premier Suites Dublin Leeson Street
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   14-17 Lower Leeson St, Dublin 2, Ireland (Formerly Stephen's Hall Hotel & Suites) (South City Centre)   |
Ranked #8 of 91 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
nova scotia
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2007

This place is great for family of five .We were in Dublin for the marathon .We stayed in a hotel for first few night then switched to the 2 bedroom suite at Premier Suites.We were able to leave luggage at desk go for lunch then check in on time .The space was perfect with kitchen, eating area ,internet service , a flat screen tv ,2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms plenty of space even a bed set up in the livingroom.We were in the newly renovated building with the main lobby .The staff was very helpful with whatever we needed.We were on the back of the building 2nd floor and it was very quiet.The location is a 5 minute walk to St Stephen Green .There is a convenience store and a great Deli just a few doors down the street.Would go back in a second!!

• Liked — the location and space
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2007

I made a reservation for a 1 BR Premier Suite in March, for a 4 night stay in Dublin in early October. I confirmed, at least 3 times, via phone and email (I even have it in writing) that I wanted a recently upgraded suite in the main building on Lower Leeson Street. I called and confirmed room type again a mere 2 days before checking in. Of course when I arrived, after a long drive with 2 small children, my husband and I were looking forward to checking in to a beautiful, accommodating suite in this truly fabulous location. (We wanted to be near Stephens Green and the playground for the kids). I took note of the clean, modern lounge area and eagerly approached the front desk. I was told that I had been "upgraded" to a 3 bedroom suite at absolutely no extra charge, but that it would be a 5 min walk away on Harcourt Terrace NOT in the main building. I was skeptical but decided to check it out. Well, it was an apartment, not a hotel suite and it was, in my opinion, dangerously set up for 2 small children . . . steep staircase, fireplace, rocky patio and not at all upgraded like the photos on the website. It reminded me of a college apartment, albeit in a nice location, not a luxury "suite." My husband and I immediately decided that it was unacceptable, mainly because of the safety issue with the kids and the stairs, and told them that we would rather just have our originally booked suite, in the main building, with the elevator and parking easily accessible. Of course, we were told that no such room was available, as they had always had us down for the 3 bedroom place. I found this, after all the care that I took to confirm the suite that I wanted in the main building, just plain insulting. I cancelled our reservation on the spot and refused their offers to assist me with finding another hotel. They should have assisted me by giving me what I booked and confirmed and reconfirmed . . . It basically ruined the whole day as it was near rush hour in Dublin and we had to scramble to find something else, drive there etc. Bitterly disappointed in Premier Suites reservations and customer service. They apologized , of course, but didn't seem too fazed by what turned out to be a serious problem for us. I'm not sure what else you could do to make sure that you get the room you want though . . . I did everything that I could. Will never book again, not worth the hassle when you're towing kids along. We need a hotel that has greater reliability.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
solihull
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2007

Had a great stay at the Premier Suites. We stayed in Harcourt Terrace which is a short walk from the main hotel, but a porter takes you round.
Be aware, that if they put you in these apartments the main door is around the side of the building and not the front!!

The apartment was great, just big enough for two people although:
the shower cubicle could have been larger and more a more powerful shower
there was not any safe in the apartment

The area was very quiet and the bed was very very comfortable. The walk into town did not take long at all, the walk through St Stephens Green was lovely.

I would recommend these apartments for people to stay in whilst visiting Dublin.

• Liked — quiet, seperate bedroom
  • Disliked — no safe
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2007

The Premier Suites (make sure it is Premier Suites and not another Premier establishment which is nearby) was a welcome respite after a long travel to Ireland from the States. After reviewing many ( I do mean "many") different Dublin hotels, the website caught my eye that this establishment is clean, up to date and more than comfortable. The front staff was very accomodating and on the first stay there actually upgraded our room to a suite just because it was available. The showers are outstanding with great water pressure, plenty of hot water and any amenities you could need. The main difference between Premier Suites and other hotels in Dublin was the impressive noise control. I had heard over and over that getting a good night's rest in Dublin is difficult because rooms typically have thin walls and thin windows. This place was quite different. To top it off, it is one of the stops for the airport shuttle and it is located just off St. Stephen's Green (one of the better areas of Dublin). I will definitely stay here again on my next stay in Dublin.

• Liked — Clean and Quiet
  • Disliked — Beds a little uncomfortable
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2007

Stayed 3 nights at the end of August. 1 bedroom suite, on first floor (second floor in US). Very nicely decorated, modern yet comfy. Very big, for european standards. Bedroom is separate and has a good sized bed. The kitchen is little one but should be very sufficient for a short stay - has stove, fridge, dishwasher, and the washer is also in the kitchen. Does have a flatscreen but not a big one. Living room is good sized also. I found the room to be very quite and I'm a light sleeper. Occasional you do hear some construction noise early morning but that is so typical Europe especially UK and Ireland.

Reception people are a bit robotic. Not too warm / friendly, but not nasty or anything like that. Just OK I guess. If you ask them they will give you info, but they don't tend to volunteer anything. I guess I would categorize this as a typical chain hotel reception staff (even though it's not quite a big chain).

If you come from Dublin Airport it's great as the Aircoach stop is literally right in front of the hotel. To walk into city centre, you can cut through Stephens Green. At night you would have to walk around it as the park closes fairly early.

The price is a bit steep, but you do get a roomy suite and very good location. I give this "Above average" for its decor, size, location, and cleaniness, and also because I didn't have any negative experience with the stay. Is it the best value? - That's a different thing. At the end of our trip we stayed at Bewley's Ballsbridge, which I would definitely recommend over Premier Suites.

Stayed August 2007
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2007

First all, we got a great deal thru [--], less than 200US a night which is a steal in Dublin (and with the dollar being SOOO weak). So it was a real value for my husband and I.

Room:
My husband loves space! With a separate kitchen and living area was awesome, kitchen has everything you need to make a full breakfast! And a dish washer and washer and dryer to do your laundry!!!
Separate bedroom with king size bed, bed is 2 twins put together, not ideal, but we're used it since european hotels do that at lot.
Overall everything is very modern and clean!

Location: It's definitely central. The aircoach stops RIGHT in front of the hotel. (across the street on arrival) We didn't drive, so we walked everywhere. It's a 8-min walk to the Grafton st area, 10-15 to temple bar. It might seem far for some people if the park is closed and you can't cut through. But there are plenty of buses that stops right outside the hotel, so no biggie. If your room faces the street, some street noise, but no more than any other city-living.

Staff: I found that the morning staffs are much more approachable and friendly. The night people basically were just chatting on the phone when you walked in and not really pay attention, which was fine with us... since we usually just stopped by the computer to check emails...YES! free computer with internet access and printer to use by the front door! Very convenient.

OVERALL: We will definitely stay here again, but yes, I heard stories where people were put in a different building of the hotel and the rooms are definitely not as nice and not renovated like the ones in the main building! So make sure you insist on getting a room in the main building on "Lower Lesson st".
But if you really want to be in the temple bar area, this place might be a little far for you to walk!

• Liked — Spacious, clean, value
  • Disliked — might be a little far from temple bar area.. not a complain.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

Great location and value -- and absolutely perfect for families. The room were new and wonderful and the carpark could not have been closer or easier. Within walking distance to the national museum and a host of other sites. This was one of our very best stays in Ireland.

Stayed August 2007

Been to Premier Suites Dublin Leeson Street? Share your experiences!