“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spencer Hotel Dublin IFSC

Save Saved
You added Spencer Hotel Dublin IFSC to your Saves list
Spencer Hotel Dublin IFSC
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   International Financial Services Centre | Excise Walk, Dublin 1, Ireland (Formerly Clarion Hotel Dublin IFSC)   |
Ranked #26 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Seattle, Washington
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Really enjoyed this hotel. Great staff, especially Damien Daly. They take great care of you, the restaurant was wonderful, thanks Sonia and Julia.

The lobby is a great gathering place, very nicely appointed. Right along the Liffey River so it's centrally located. Fast to use the AirLink to get from the airport to the hotel. Normally I would have taken a cab but the bus was really easy and the kids like riding on the 2nd deck!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

we regularly have lunch here and the place never disappoints. sonia normally assists and this time it's sinead. both are very friendly and accommodating! tried chili chicken chowmien, crying tiger, mango salad and all are delish. i highly recommend this place! :)

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is a great boutique hotel. I stayed 3 nights while holidaying in Dublin. Room is spacious and very modern, there is a bar and restaraunt, and there is a great pool and gym area. Its only a short walk to the centre of town. Last but not least Shannon and Rachel on reception are very friendly and helpful, no matter how minor the query. I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We went to the Spencer restaurant on the recommendation of a friend who told us not only it was good food and atmosphere but that the staff were great craic. We all felt like we had been really well looked after with Sonja winning the hostess with mostess title hands down. She kept us entertained, fed and watered. Everyone of us has said we'll be back and hope to see you soon.
More Pie Mistress!!

Room Tip: Let Sonja take over and everything will be ok.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed overnight on business, I visit Dublin 3-4 times a year and have always used the Merrion in the past. I was recommended this hotel and given it was half the price I decided to give it a go and am so pleased I did.

Location - ideally located on the river front by the IFSC for anyone with business in that area.
Short walk to most of the City or the LUAS at the back of the hotel.

Service - this is the area that surprised me the most. The welcome at check in was as friendly as you could get, service in the bar was extremely good and on having to ask at the front desk for local information again service was some of the best I've had. Staff are definitely a strong point for this hotel.

Room - room wasn't huge but definitely big enough with nice balcony overlooking the river (ask for high up rooms at the front of the hotel). Had everything you need including a nespresso coffee maker. All furniture was in very good condition, bed comfortable and the room extremely clean. If I had any complaints it would be that the a/c is turned off when guests are not in the room and given I was travelling during a bit of a heat wave the room took a while to cool down. The a/c unit was also reasonably loud, although not enough to disturb sleep.

All in all this is a great hotel and I plan to use again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I booked this hotel after a long vacation overseas thinking I would have a nice relaxing evening in my nice hotel room before I departed home.. how wrong I was. This room was very expensive for what was provided.
- WIFI did not work
- Breakfast was stale and poor quality. For a five star hotel, I expected fresh, quality food but all that was on offer was cheap bread, hard bacon and dry eggs and no butter
- There was no bath.. for a hotel of this standard a bath should be a given, obviously not.
- They were going to charge 5 euros to bring a beverage to my room
- Service was very poor, there was limited staff to help and I was initially denied breakfast even though my room stated that I had paid for it.

If you can find someone else to stay, I would suggest you take that option very quickly. There is no justification for the price of this hotel. It is certainly not worth one euro out of your wallet. Shop around and look somewhere else.

Room Tip: Dublin has a number of great hotels, this hotel is not one of them.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Waterford, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here recently with family and such a relaxing time I had, the rooms were beautiful and very spacious and such a great view from my window topped it off for me, the food was fabulous and the bar area was very comfortable and relaxed, great Hotel overall!

Stayed July 2014

Been to Spencer Hotel Dublin IFSC? Share your experiences!