“Great day tour” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 60 Outdoor Activities in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy great guided walks throughout Ireland with qualified, knowledgeable and fun guides. Ireland is a walkers paradise and walking is a great way to really see this country.
Nyaker
“Great day tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had a lovely day in Wicklow. The hiking tour was very nice and not too challenging and there where wonderful views over the country side. Our guide Jim had lots of information to share and did a good job. We just wished we've had a bit moore time in Glendalough to explore, it was a bit rushed in the end. But overall we would book again.

Visited May 2013

Prescott AZ
“A must see when in Dublin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We really enjoyed our day tour of the Wicklow Mountains out of Dublin. Hilltop uses 15 passenger vans rather than large buses which makes the tour more personal and gives them access to narrow roads where the big guys can't go. The disadvantage is that the back row has the windows partially blocked by company advertising so visibility is limited from those seats. Our driver was knowledgeable and fun. We made frequent stops for photographs. The tour is somewhat flexible for choices. The morning can be spent with a visit to Powerscourt Gardens (our choice), horseback riding or hiking. We were picked up for lunch at a great little cafe, then off to visit the Wicklow Mountains and Glendalough with many sights along the way. We would go with the company again but don't sit in the back.

Visited May 2013
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
“A refreshing break from the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

While I'd wanted to visit Dublin and the tourist sites, I tend to run out of patience with cities pretty quickly so the option to get out and see the countryside around Dublin for the day was very welcome!

I was a little disappointed that I was unable to get on a full day walking trip as that was what I had hoped for, but took the Day Tour of Wicklow that included a 2 hour walk (optional extra costing 10 euro). The walk was lovely but over all to soon! On the upside, this did mean that we were able to go on a long drive around quite a few other beautiful sites in Wicklow - Lough Tay, Sally Gap and Glendalough which was probably the highlight.

Our guide Jim was great - put us all at our ease immediately. I think I was lucky that there were only 5 of us on the trip so we had lots of space on the minibus, chance to ask questions and chat, and didn't feel "herded". Also, given that I was traveling, I was again fortunate that the group appeared to get on very well and part of my enjoyment of the trip came from that element as much as what we saw and did.

I believe there could have been up to 15 and this would probably have made it less enjoyable and would have seemed worse value for money. I guess the price was fair but there were no inclusions in terms of entry fees, refreshments etc.

I would definitely recommend taking this trip if you'd like a complete contrast to the city and love the countryside.

Visited April 2011
Killarney, Ireland
“Excellent walking tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

I spent a day in Glendalough with Terry Lambert as guide of hilltoptreks. Terry was very very organised, great guide with lots of information and advice. I would recommend Terry Lambert and hilltoptreks to anyone interested in walking/treking on any of the trails he promotes.

Visited March 2011