“Do yourself a favour... Stay elsewhere” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Fleet Street Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Fleet Street Hotel to your Saves list
The Fleet Street Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19 - 20 Fleet Street | Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Ireland (Temple Bar)   |
Ranked #90 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Dundalk, Ireland
“Do yourself a favour... Stay elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Terrible... Room too small... Building work noise so could hardly sleep! Soap is a joke in bathroom... Breakfast finishes at 10.30. Had a cleaner barge in to room shortly after 11am. wish I had of stayed in Paramount Hotel. Would not have been so bad if it was a cheap stay but paid €89.00. Very disappointing!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Greg F, General Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Franc001,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us in October. I was disappointed to read that you didn’t enjoy your visit to the Fleet Street Hotel.
I can confirm that we have no building works taking place in the Hotel and can only assume that these were begin conducted in another property within our location, to which we have no direct control over.
Breakfast starts at 7am and finishes at 10.30am which is common in most hotels and our finishing time for breakfast has not been an issue for our guests in the past.

I am sorry that your experience on this occasion was not as enjoyable as reflected by other guests.

Should you wish in the near future to return to our Hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would like the opportunity to ensure your next visit to be a better experience.

345 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Kilkenny, Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed here twice this year so far for different occasions. The location couldn't be better, the price was unbeatable. There is an amazing smoking area on the second/third floor that actually makes you feel like you are in another country. One of the nights we were lucky to be in a room with the most amazing bathroom, the shower was in neon lights coming from the ceiling (very tastefully done and modern). I am guessing its the way the whole hotel is heading. The breakfast each morning is great, its like a home away from home only everything handed up to you. If you are visiting Dublin this is the place for you. Fabulous, modern and very comfortable lobby. Clean rooms, excellent breakfast and very helpfull staff..what more do you need?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sandra B,

Many thanks for your recent review on Trip advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in July. It gives me great pleasure to pass your comments onto our team regarding our accommodation and breakfast offering and that you enjoyed our Smoking Terrace.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Fleet Street Hotel in the near future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We booked this hotel on Temple Bar just by chance and i am so glad that we did. As soon as you walked in to the hotel - it has the xtra factor!! The reception area and the staff are fantastic and will do anything to help you, the decor is funky and it is in perfect location. You can roll down to T.G.I. Fridays for food and as soon as you walk out the door you can roll into all the pubs.

We stayed in room 201 from Friday 26th - Sunday 28th Oct. The room was brill, spacious and had all the mod cons you needed during a short city break. The room looked onto Temple Bar/Fleet Street and of course Tesco - Perfect! The thing that won me over was the massive wet room bathroom with the "disco" shower we called it. Just be careful as there is also a "wall" shower and we thought we were turning that one on not knowing the ceiling shower was there until switched on and water poured on us fully dressed which turned out to be a priceless moment! Maid came in and changed all our towels during our stay which was even better and i cannot add anymore good stuff to this place at all as i think i have said everything.

The noise did not bother us at all as if i didn't hear noise on Temple Bar during my stay then i would be dissapointed - in room 201 which is on the street i can honestly say i didn't hear a thing or maybe that was due to the beer!

Will be returning to this hotel and recommending to friends.

Room Tip: Room 201!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Emma693,

Many thanks for your fantastic review on Trip advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your break with us. It gives me great pleasure to pass your comments on to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Fleet Street Hotel in the near future for your next visit to Dublin.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights in October. The room was small. I didn't find the location noisy. The location was great for being a tourist with short walks to many historical locations. The staff were friendly and obliging. While it was OK I think there maybe other hotels in the area that a little if your budget can afford it.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear David B,

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you found our location great and our staff friendly & obliging.

We look forward to having you stay with us again at The Fleet Street Hotel.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in room 309 on fri. & sat. Oct. 19 & 20 and was very disappointed when an outdoor alley bar was set up in the street below my room with lots of noise until 3 am both mornings. After the first morning I asked the hotel to change my room which they said they would do. After returning at night from an all day tour, I had not been moved and manager said there was nothing she could do. Her explanation was that "it is the Temple Bar area" as if I should have expected to have noise until 3 am. Do not stay here, lies and misinformation!

Stayed October 2012
Dear Bill B,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip advisor. As with any City Centre hotel noise in the area is an element which is beyond our control. I do also apologise that your request for a room move was not followed through. I have spoken to our Front Office team to ensure that this does not happen in the future.

Should you wish to say with us again please do not hesitate to contact me and I will take care of your booking personally.

Lisburn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

we stayed in the fleet street hotel for two nights in july 2012. The hotel is in a perfect location, just over the o'connell street bridge on the walk to grafton street. Everything is close by within easy walking distance and there are plenty of bars and restaurants close by. The hotel itself is set upstairs beside a TGI Fridays with stairs and a lift to take you up. you can only go up to the rooms by putting your room card into the lift or into a key holder at the doors to the stairs. The decor is very modern and the reception staff were very friendly. there is free wifi in the lobby. The room was nicely decorated but their is no guarantee on whether or not you get a double bed or two singles and if you are looking a romantic night away this is not ideal. there was alot of noise from the clubs cose by. There is a smoking area on the 3rd floor, a veranda with seating and tables, it is a very nice touch. the hotel and staff were very nice but it was not worth the price we payed for it. i would stay again if i could not get another hotel but i know a few other hotels that are better value.

Room Tip: ask for a double room at the back of the hotel as their is alot of noise from nearby clubs
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Teesy04,
Thank you for taking the time to post review on trip advisor. I am pleased to see that you enjoy your stay with us and found our Hotel and Staff lovely.
I do believe that our prices are on par with the other 3 Star Hotels within our location and at the time of your stay in July.

Perhaps we will see you again in the future.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed here with two of my friends and we got a triple room, It was lovely and very clean, There were three triple beds which can be hard to find in hotels, a lot of the time it is a double bed and single bed. I believe this hotel deserves to be a 4 star. It is very modern with a flat screen tv in the room, the bathroom is freshly tiled and the water pressure in the shower is amazing. It's only downfall is the noise which wasn't an issue for us. They could invest in sound proof windows, but staying in this area of dublin is never going to be quiet. The hotel also has a bar which was handy as all the pubs were packed and it was lovely for a quiet drink with friends. Brilliant hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Stephanie F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your great review on trip advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in October and you found our location great, accommodation clean and our bar O’Sullivan’s an enjoyable place for a relaxing drink.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Fleet Street Hotel in the near future

Email: greg.forrestal@fleetstreethotel.com.

Been to The Fleet Street Hotel? Share your experiences!