“Holy Moly Best Food Ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant FortyOne

Restaurant FortyOne
41 St. Stephen's Green, Dublin, Ireland (South City Centre)
+353 1 6620000
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Set in the heart of Georgian Dublin, on the west side of historic St Stephen's Green, award-winning Restaurant FortyOne embodies the best of Modern Irish dining. Relish the output of one of the city's most accomplished chefs in smart, comfortable surroundings, while savouring dishes that showcase world-class, gastronomic flair, combined with a desire to let the best of Irish produce - much of which comes from the restaurant's own organic gardens - shine.
San Francisco, California
“Holy Moly Best Food Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

OMG, i love my food but seriously this chef has to be a genius....Every morsel of food was just sigh making from all of us, we did not want to leave. The room itself was lovely and cosy, the staff were super but really it was all about the food for us. We had just flown in after 8 hours and were sort of cranky but being foodies, we did not really expect a meal to change the vibe but at least hopefully relax us.....little did we know....Thomas Keller has nothing on this guy, seriously still dreaming about the food here. Want to move to Ireland if thats how you really eat....OMG....unbelievable......

• Visited August 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“Too Hot...and Too Familiar...Food delicate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This in in a Georgian house off St. Stephens Green (and has several parts to it, members club, casual restaurant and ala carte stiffish offering); we went to the stiffish-offering. It was on one of those heatwave days this summer, so the room was boiling as the sun was setting through the windows. The decor is fin-de-siecle, mouldings and cherubs, starched-white cloths, art on the walls and broken into a set of smallish rooms. Our table was poor, in an alcove where one side of the table had to sit on a sofa, which was not the right height for the table and you kept falling back into it, after swiping a mouthful from the table. The price-to-quality ratio on the food was good; very good quality, some delicate flavours and very well presented (they have some sort of we-dont-cheat by using loads of cream and butter policy, that has to be applauded). But, we were so uncomfortable in this hot little room on the sofa and the server was overly familiar in that way that seemed very old fashioned and insincere. Our table was so poky that everytime he served us, he kicked my foot by accident (there was no where else under the table where I could put it !); or at, least the first time it was an accident, when it was the fifth time, I think the message was "move!" when I come to serve you. Just added to the general discomfort. The whole experience might have been quite different on a more regular Dublin-summer day (rainy and cold) with a better table; but maybe not.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Very good restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary. The service was impeccable! Served us an amuse Bouche of chicken and truffle tortellini. The sauce was too salty for me, the tortellini nothing special. For starter I had the scallops with strawberry gazpacho, very delicious. Other half had the smoked salmon and crab and enjoyed it very much. Mains were salmon and turbot. Nice but also both dishes had some very salty elements. Pre dessert was a delicious caramelised pineapple, buttermilk and popcorn pot. Creative and tasted lovely. Dessert was the star of the meal for me! I had the apple tart tatin with ice cream, best I've had! Other half enjoyed an ice cream and sorbet selection. We were served complimentary petit fours with Our espressos. My espresso was far too bitter even for my husband who loves a strong coffee. Petit fours were delicious. The restaurant kindly surprised me with a conplimentary chocolate mousse cake at the request of my husband for a little surprise. That too was outstanding. Thoroughly enjoyed but they really need to cut back on the salt!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin
“Fab Service & Delicious Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Had dinner here last night, the food was fab and the service was amazing .... the duck was cooked perfectly, the lemon desert was just fab, my friends had the chocolate desert - 3 very happy ladies !! would definitely recommend it - as a treat as it is quite pricey but you are getting what you pay for

• Visited May 2013
“Just Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We dined in the restaurant last night as part of a group of five. Service, wine but especially the food was outstanding. It was my colleagues first time dining here and they were all extremely impressed. I have dined in the restaurant on many occasions; Graham, JB and the team always provide the same level of high standards on each occasion.
For a fine dining experience coupled with a great atmosphere and beautiful surroundings you just can't go wrong.

• Visited May 2013