“Excellent location and the best customer service that I've experienced for a long time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harding Hotel

You added Harding Hotel to your Saves list
Harding Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Copper Alley Fishamble Street | Christchurch, Dublin 2, Ireland (South City Centre)   |
Ranked #30 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Harding is in a great location (easy walking to Temple Bar, Guiness Warehouse, etc.). The rooms are clean and comfortable, I liked hearing the cathedral bells and the general bustle of Dublin. The staff made our stay! Lots of helpful advice about getting around and making the most of our weekend - the hop on hop off bus and an annotated map got us to the zoo and the Jameson's distillery. The restaurant provided a good start to the day and helped us celebrate a special birthday with a tasty meal and personalised cake.

Many thanks for a super stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Chrissmithpage,

Thank you for your kind comments about the Harding Hotel and your experience of your recent stay when visiting Dublin.

I'm delighted to read that everyone enjoyed their stay and found the Harding to be so wonderfully and conveniently located allowing you access to the hop-on-hop-off buses just around the corner but also that if desired you were within a short walk of the majority of the city center attractions.

I will certainly pass on your comments to the staff especially at reception, the bar and in the Bistro, to further motivate them to try and make everyone's visit to Dublin as special for them as possible.

It was great that you found the bells to be charming and not at all intrusive as I feel that the Cathedral adds great character to the Old City area where we are blessed to be located.
As they don't ring too long that often guests often find they become accustomed to the bells very quickly and do appreciate the peels but for those who don't think they will care for them we ask them to request a rear facing room away from the street and the Cathedral.

I do hope that should you, any of your friends, colleagues or family members decide to return to Dublin that we may have the opportunity to accommodate you once more and that you experience the same high levels of care and quality as experienced this time, and please by all means feel free to contact me at the Harding Hotel directly to organize.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Polish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My friend and I stayed in this hotel for a long weekend Thursday to Sunday in January. The hotel is clean and catered for all our needs.

We both stayed in a single room which was the perfect size for a few nights and the shower was great, as was the central heating which warmed up the room straight away. The TV was a really old portable TV but this was not a problem for me as I hardly spent any time in the room. Free wifi was a great touch.

There is a great bar attached to the hotel, Darky Kelly's which we used a few times and highly recommend the Irish Coffee and 241 cocktails! Great location, about 10 minute walk into Temple Bar and about 20 mins in a taxi from the airport which came to €30.

All in all a great stay with very friendly staff. I locked my room card in my room by mistake and the reception staff were happy to help me with a new one.

I would recommend and go back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Sianie_88,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Harding Hotel after visiting dublin recently.

It was indeed our pleasure to have accommodated you and I'm delighted to read that you felt that we met your expectations of quality standards and service levels.

We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel bar, the wonderfully convenient location and the free Wi-Fi and hope that should you return to Dublin again that we may once more have the privilege of accommodating you.

Castlebar, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

A great hotel for Central dublin. Its rooms are very quite for a place that is in the middle of such a busy street and above there bar. The staff are friendly and the nite porter helped me get an Iron and a few late bottles of beer after the bar had shut.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear corporal 747,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin.

I was delighted to read that you found the hotel to be so comfortable and conveniently located for your needs, and also quiet even though we are in a busy area.
It was our pleasure to have accommodated you during your visit and I'm so glad to hear that you found the staff to be so helpful and friendly.

We hope that you may stay with us again in the near future when returning to Dublin.

Regards,

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The location is perfect, on one edge of Temple Bar and a block from the River Liffey. I did not use any public transportation at due to the very centralized location. The convenience to the bus stop to get from and to the airport was unbelieveable! Right around the corner!

The staff was helpful, offering suggestions and advice. One in particular, Mrs. Murphy, was the one I encountered the most and I took her advice on excursions and pubs and she was dead on every time. She even surprised me with a Happy Birthday greeting that a friend of mine had emailed the hotel and requested.

The room was a very typical european effieciency room, with a very small bathroom ensuite. It was very tidy and clean, with a kettle, refrigerator, tv, and a mind blowing view of Christchurch Cathedral. If I had to make any criticisms of this hotel at all it would be that the carpet was really worn, though the staff did a good job of keeping it vacuumed, and the bed was less than stellar. I wasn't there to rest and relax however, and sleep was still accomplished despite the 1 rating I give the bed and pillow.

Overall this hotel is 2 thumbs up, with all of the the things you need to have an enjoyable stay in Dublin. Were I to return to Dublin I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Get one with a view of the cathedral! The bells ring every hour and there was some kind of bell conc...
Dear Mentat72,

Thank you for posting a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent stay when visiting Dublin.

We appreciate your kind words regarding the hotel and are delighted that your overall experience of the Harding is so positive.

It is especially nice to read that someone found the Cathedral and its' bells to be so charming as all to often we only hear from the people who don't appreciate the aspects such a fine old building offers.
Should guests not particularly care for the bells or the view of the Cathedral we ask that they make a request prior to arrival to be located to the rear of the building and we endeavor to allocate them such a room.

We are very glad that you found the room to be comfortable & clean and you enjoyed the Irish welcome and service from Emma, our front desk manager, that unbeatable convenient location suited your needs perfectly and that you rate the hotel as great value for money.

I hope that we may be able to accommodate you again in the near future should you get the opportunity to return to Dublin.

Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I booked the Harding Hotel after reading recommendations from the Rick Steves guidebook. I was looking for location and price... I don't think Rick has actually tried to sleep here.

My mother and 3 aunts spent one night here and none of us could sleep(I actually called the Westin to make a reservation at 3 am). The bed linens are very thin and there are large buttons lining the center of each hard mattress. Every bed in the hotel is the same, we checked with the reception. After one night, we checked out without any problem or penalty. To the credit of the Harding, the receptionist was very understanding, it was clear that this was not the first incident. I have never left a hotel before staying here. Now we can just laugh about it and be thankful for the Westin Dublin.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear pugnamedsofi,

Thank you for the review you posted of a recent stay in the Harding Hotel.

While I am very disappointed to read your negative comments regarding the beds which you felt forced you to leave the Harding Hotel earlier than planned, I think you will find that this is not a common complaint at all based on the number of reviews praising the comfort of the hotel bedrooms.

We would as a matter of course allow guests to amend their stay with the Harding, leave early etc., should they wish as plans do change. This should not be interpreted as evidence that we have had this issue previously.

Many other Rick Steve's guidebook members, and some of the Rick Steve's guided tours continue through 2013, have all stayed in the Harding and found very few issues if any with the bedding or the beds but we certainly appreciate that all guests have different tastes and standards.
While we would like to think that we are comparable to the Westin Hotel they are in fact a 5 star hotel and we are a 3 star approved hotel, but we are always looking to improve our quality standards and services.
I was glad therefore that you found the receptionist to be helpful and courteous to you during your dealings with the Harding Hotel.

I would hope that this has not put you off returning to Dublin and I would certainly love to try and change your impression of the Harding Hotel so please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to arrange a more comfortable stay.

donegal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This hotel is excellent value if you want to stay in central Dublin. The staff are friendly and will do everything in their power to assist you. The fridge in the room is very handy. Walking distance to most sights in central Dublin. Plenty of pubs and restaurants around. Stay here regularly on business and yet to be disappointed. They have a special rate with Jury's carpark across the street.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear tripsterDonegal,

Many thanks for your kind words and for posting a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit Dublin.

I am delighted to hear that we are still meeting the high standards and quality levels that you expect from the Harding Hotel and I trust that we will continue to do so over the coming months for your future visits.

It is our pleasure to have the opportunity to accommodate you when visiting Dublin.

Motherwell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I discovered the Harding Hotel last year and have returned twice since then. The hotel is reasonably priced and is in a perfect location for getting to all of the main areas of Dublin city centre. It is situated right on the edge of Temple Bar, which means that you are handy for all of the delights of the area but without all of the late night noise and partying! There is a bus stop just outside which has a halt for the bus that goes directly to the airport, and also has stops for buses that go to many outlying areas.
The rooms are clean and have everything that you could need for a short stay.
The hotel is ideal for my needs and I will continue to stay there when in Dublin.

Room Tip: It is probably best to ask for a room on the side away from Christchurch Cathedral as the noise from...
Dear Amethyst_02_13,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to share your experience of the Harding Hotel following your most recent stay in Dublin.

I am so delighted that we continue to meet your expectations of the Harding in terms of service from the hotel staff, the quality levels of the rooms and facilities and standards of care in the hotel overall.

We hope that we may have the opportunity to accommodate you in the coming months to these high standards that you expect from the Harding.

Manager

Been to Harding Hotel? Share your experiences!