“Helping friend with taken him to Optilase.” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-4 Merrion Street Lower, Dublin 2, Ireland   |
Ranked #56 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Limerick, Ireland
“Helping friend with taken him to Optilase.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Went with friend to Optilase Dublin, we were put up in the O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel Dublin, I was sceptic about it, but it was a very good hotel, only down side as my friend didn't want to venture out after he's op for some food the hotel restaurant was not open,(too early in the year) they did how ever say we could get room service or go to there sister hotel opposite there hotel.
It was few mins walk from stephens green and stephens green shopping centre which was very convient for me. I would highly recommend this hotel also the room was very well suited to my friend with the low lighting in the room it didn't hurt he's eyes. Car parking very handy and very good value and only few mins walk away. Very secure also.

Room Tip: Ask for back of hotel we found it very quite. front could be quite also but we found back very peace...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dara M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and i hope your friend is feeling much better.

I was delighted to hear your feedback, and i shall pass on your lovely comments to all the staff.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, and hopefully your friend can get to enjoy the experience upon your next visit.

Dara McEneaney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had stayed at the Mont Clare several years ago and needed to be in the Merrion Square vicinity early in the morning so booked. The off site car park is handy and good value (Eur10). My room was good value and I lay down to relax prior to going out - but the TV volume didnt work. I went down to reception and I was upgraded to a suite on the 3rd floor - very pleasant staff. However, in the suite the TV was so far away from the bed you needed binoculars to see it! There was a lot of traffic noise and a pedestrian crossing that kept beeping all night. Also the hotel is beginning to look a bit tired and needs smartening up - but at the prices they are charging times are tough. The Mont CLare is good value - but bring ear plugs if you want to sleep!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and for your feedback.
The hotel bedrooms are undergoing a soft refurbishment at the moment, which we hope to have completed at the end of February, so this will enhance the appearance of the hotel.

We shall certainly take your comments on board in relation to the positioning of the tv in relation to the bed, and i thank you for your constructive feedback.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to the O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel.

ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Had to write a review as was really impressed with staff, they were friendly welcoming and this morning when I explained I hadn't slept well due to a noisy radiator she offered us a free breakfast which was a nice gesture as other hotels would have fobbed me off with a sorry but have your money now good luck.I don't know what the girls name was but she was on reception this morning and she was so nice I would stay here again thanks again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dara M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and please accept my sincere apologies for the issue you had during your stay.

I am delighted to hear that my staff compensated you for your inconvenience, as our priority at all times is the customer.
I shall pass on your kind words to Nicola, who was the lady that looked after you, and i do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed for one night and asked for room at the back to avoid street noise. Had a quiet nights sleep in superking size bed. Small room but had all the basics. Room decor a bit tired, needs retouching. Lovely reception area, check-in fast and friendly. Did not use the bar or avail of the breakfast. Got a great online deal so overall, great for the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dara M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and i am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

The hotel is currently undergoing a soft refurbishment in the bedrooms, and we hope to have this completed by the end of February.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, and you can give us your feedback on the rooms.

sligo ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been twice in the space of a month simply because the price was great, the location terrific and the hotel comfortable.
It is in need of renovation but the rooms and the bathrooms are larger than most modern hotels.
The main factor for my choice, however, was the price and the location.
Breakfast is pleasant but average.

Room Tip: look for a room overlooking Merrion Square
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest.

We are currently undergoing a soft refurbishment in the bedrooms at present, and we hope to have this completed by the end of February.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Mont Clare is a great option for travellers who are on a bit of a budget but are use to the comforts of more North American style hotels. The service is wonderful and the rooms albeit dated are spacious and well maintained. It is located inside the Dublin City Centre but on a quieter street which is a great combination. Drawbacks included some difficulty in getting a comfortable shower temperature (it worked but took it's time) and that there are stairs to get into the building (an issue if you need accessible accommodations). Brilliant otherwise for a great price for a hotel in the city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dara M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and i am delighted that you have chosen to stay with us once again.
Thank you for your constructive feedback, and we are currently in the process of a soft refurbishment of the guest bedrooms, to include the showers, so the issues you have addressed will be rectified.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, so that you can see the work we have done, and i welcome your comments and feedback.

Limerick, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here mainly because I got a deal from booking.com and I had a concert to go to in Dublin.

The location is great proximity for shopping its close to grafton street. You also have the natural history museum really close by.

Check in was fine .. The room was ok .. I would echo previous reviews in regards of the showers and getting the temperature right can be a pain.

My main gripe was the pillows.. they were like sleeping on paper they were so flat and only two were provided for a double bed which is fine if your on your own, but if you have two people its not great.
There wasnt any extra in the wardrobe either, But at same time I didnt bother to request more either it was late and i was tired.

I think id have been more upset if i had paid the standard rate for this room.

Room Tip: get extra pillows!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dara M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and for your constructive feedback. The hotel is undergoing a soft refurbishment, and the showers and pillows are being upgraded in the process.
We hope to have this complete in the next few weeks.

Once again, thank your for your feedback, and i am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and i do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Dara McEneaney

Been to O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel? Share your experiences!