“Best lamb shoulder ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dublin, Ireland
“Best lamb shoulder ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Went there for an early dinner with the other half and our little one. We were totally delighted with the food. I had the signature lamb dish 'seven hour roasted lamb shoulder' and I have to say it was one of the best lamb dishes I've ever had. The meat was succulent and tender, the sauce was beautifully spiced and full of flavour. Highly recommended!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Excellent surprising find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stumbled on this lovely Moroccan restaurant only a couple of hundred yards from the throng of Irish bars. Surprisingly empty and how ridiculous when it serves excellent food at reasonable prices. Do give it a look when you are fed up with bars serving bog standard Irish Stew and playing the Wild Rover for the umpteenth time.

Visited July 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Friendly atmosphere and tasty food !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Went in on the off chance .. Very accommodating as I hadn't booked .. Had a very nice Lamb Tagine recommended by the waiter. Reasonably priced for a big city - would go again

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Galway, Ireland
“Go if you get a chance!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had often thought Dada looked amazing while walking by before so I was very excited to get the opportunity to eat there with a friend, using a LivingSocial voucher. It certainly lived up to my expectations.
For the starters, I had hummus and my friend had the fried spinach. My goodness, they were both amazing - I've had excellent hummus before but I think this inched its way into first place. That was nothing, compared to the spinach, which was delectable. My was bowled over by it and wanted to see how the chef made it.
Maincourse for me was a tagine of chicken, caramelised pears and almonds. It was so tasty! I was a bit unsure about what I'd ordered but when it arrived, I was happy with it. My friend ordered the seasonal vegetable tagine. Its mysterious mix of flavours was light and fragrant. Both tagines had plenty of food in them and were very filling with the flat bread served with them.
Tempted by our love of baklava-type sweets, we shared a plate of mixed pastries for dessert. We were invited to choose a selection from a tower of coconut, date and nut sweets. These were quite nice but I felt they didn't quite live up to the rest of the meal. Next time, I think I'll try the traditional Moroccan dessert or the cheesecake.
Overall, it was a lovely treat and I would love to return. I think it would be a really nice place to go for a special occasion and some time, I'd like to get a lot of the different starters and share them between people.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
co wicklow, Ireland
“Contemporary, elegant twist on an exotic taste classic.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I admit it - I adore Moroccan food, maybe not every day but certainly once in a while so I was very excited to try Dada especially as it is in such a handy location.

It well exceeded expectation and I was really taken with their inventive menu which had a very modern feel to it which combined sublimely with that unmistakable and morish Morroccan tang.

We dined there on Good Friday at about 6pm and had a wonderful time. I had a really beautiful Hake Fillet Tagine and we also tried the Halloumi Cheese and Humus.

We had the most lovely server who looked after us very well though there was a bit of a brooding, gloomy presence from the guys behind the bar and I presume among them was the rather gloomy man who took my booking with very little enthusuasm.

I loved the exotic Moroccan decor and the way the meal was so light and fresh tasting and lovely service from a charming pretty girl who I think I recall was Polish.

I would definitely recommend it to anyone and it is certainly a whole lot better than the nearby El Bahia where we got stodgy tasteless food, undrinkable wine and very grumpy service.

Nice also to retreat into the luxury and exoticism of all things Moroccan in the heart of Dublin 2 with a super tasty meal that puts your palate through a full workout. Thanks Dada!

• Visited April 2013