“Friendly atmosphere and tasty food !” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Moroccan, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Hong Kong, China
“Friendly atmosphere and tasty food !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Went in on the off chance .. Very accommodating as I hadn't booked .. Had a very nice Lamb Tagine recommended by the waiter. Reasonably priced for a big city - would go again

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Galway, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go if you get a chance!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had often thought Dada looked amazing while walking by before so I was very excited to get the opportunity to eat there with a friend, using a LivingSocial voucher. It certainly lived up to my expectations.
For the starters, I had hummus and my friend had the fried spinach. My goodness, they were both amazing - I've had excellent hummus before but I think this inched its way into first place. That was nothing, compared to the spinach, which was delectable. My was bowled over by it and wanted to see how the chef made it.
Maincourse for me was a tagine of chicken, caramelised pears and almonds. It was so tasty! I was a bit unsure about what I'd ordered but when it arrived, I was happy with it. My friend ordered the seasonal vegetable tagine. Its mysterious mix of flavours was light and fragrant. Both tagines had plenty of food in them and were very filling with the flat bread served with them.
Tempted by our love of baklava-type sweets, we shared a plate of mixed pastries for dessert. We were invited to choose a selection from a tower of coconut, date and nut sweets. These were quite nice but I felt they didn't quite live up to the rest of the meal. Next time, I think I'll try the traditional Moroccan dessert or the cheesecake.
Overall, it was a lovely treat and I would love to return. I think it would be a really nice place to go for a special occasion and some time, I'd like to get a lot of the different starters and share them between people.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
County Wicklow, Ireland
“Contemporary, elegant twist on an exotic taste classic.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I admit it - I adore Moroccan food, maybe not every day but certainly once in a while so I was very excited to try Dada especially as it is in such a handy location.

It well exceeded expectation and I was really taken with their inventive menu which had a very modern feel to it which combined sublimely with that unmistakable and morish Morroccan tang.

We dined there on Good Friday at about 6pm and had a wonderful time. I had a really beautiful Hake Fillet Tagine and we also tried the Halloumi Cheese and Humus.

We had the most lovely server who looked after us very well though there was a bit of a brooding, gloomy presence from the guys behind the bar and I presume among them was the rather gloomy man who took my booking with very little enthusuasm.

I loved the exotic Moroccan decor and the way the meal was so light and fresh tasting and lovely service from a charming pretty girl who I think I recall was Polish.

I would definitely recommend it to anyone and it is certainly a whole lot better than the nearby El Bahia where we got stodgy tasteless food, undrinkable wine and very grumpy service.

Nice also to retreat into the luxury and exoticism of all things Moroccan in the heart of Dublin 2 with a super tasty meal that puts your palate through a full workout. Thanks Dada!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin
“Could be perfect if they worked on it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I love Moroccan food....I actually dream about it sometimes, that's kind of sad I know! Funnily enough the only time I went off Moroccan food was at the end of my travels in Morocco...a case of one tagine too many I think! Anyway, I digress....Dublin has two Moroccan restaurants (I would be happier with twenty) and of the two (the other being El Bahia) this one shades it for me. I have been coming here for a long time to get my tagine fix and generally have always had a good experience. Last week was no exception - I had the tagine with chicken, preserved lemon, olives and potatoes....this was sublime as always. I started with the fried spinach which was scrumptious. The let downs for me here are always the same: (i) dessert and (ii) the toilets are very poor (a weird damp smell and a bit shabby). If they could just sort these issues out I would come far more often than I do.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Good, but could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I ate at this restaurant with a couple of work colleagues. It wasn't a particularly busy night, so a good opportunity to try this place out. It had come recommended. I love Moroccan food, having vacationed there on a number of occasions. So, my expectations were high. Overall, I'd rate the evening as 'good' at best. Service was quite variable. The table was not the cleanest. There were the usual old staples on offer. The pigeon pie (albeit with quail on this occasion) was pretty good. But my lamb tagine was a disappointment. It was bland; cooked so quickly that the dried apricot (and why this fruit with lamb?) was tough rather than the normal melting in the mouth; the promised local bread that was supposed to be served with it never materialised. Would I return? Unlikely.

• Visited June 2013