“very old traditional pub” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #89 of 1,811 restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Cobblestone is a Local Dublin Pub with Traditional Irish Music & the Backroom Venue. NOT A RESTAURANT. Crisps & Peanuts are our fare and some say the Guinness is like soup.
Rome, Italy
“very old traditional pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

we went there after we visit peppe restaurant close there and the inner athmosphere was so irish with nice live music very good pub the classic old irish.

Visited June 2013

91% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Great Guinness and traditional music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

From the outside this looks like a bit of a grim boozer. However, it's a friendly pub with great Guinness (not a surprise in Dublin, I know) and traditional music. The night I went was a jam session with some very skilled musicians. Apparently there is music every night.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“wonderful way to experience traditional Irish music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've only good things to say about my night here. There was a wonderful mix of Irish and international visitors, and the music was amazing. The beverages were great too! Of course the Guinness was great, and there were other lovely Irish beers as well.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

lovely atmosphere, live music and my husband said the guinness was the best he had ever tasted! a number of people we met in dublin commented this was the place to go for an authentic dublin experience

Visited March 2013
Doolin
“Dublin and Cobbelstone Pub for the folk music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I asked à taxidriver in Dublin if he knew à place where they played live Irish folkmusic.
The driver drove me to the Cobbelstone pub. My first impression when I saw it from the outside was scary but when I stepped inside I felt at home immediately. Great evening with good beer and great folkmusic in two places, one in the front where they sit round à table and play and one stage at the back where I saw à guy singing and playing nice tunes. Don't miss it if you like real Irish folkmusic.

Visited July 2012