“Basic but satisfying” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Abrahams Hostel

You added Abrahams Hostel to your Saves list
Abrahams Hostel
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   82 - 83 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin D1, Ireland (Formerly Abraham House)   |
Ranked #37 of 89 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Preston, United Kingdom
“Basic but satisfying”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed here for two nights with 7 other girls. We were on the top floor and the heat was almost unbearable, it was 18c outside. We had bunk beds which we had to make ourselves (not the actual beds, but the linen) and an en-suite which was convenient and it was not as dirty as other reviewers have made it out to be. There wasn't much choice at breakfast, most of it is basic toast or cereal and maybe some eggs with juice. The majority of the girls hadn't stayed at a hostel before and they all agreed that they would consider staying in a hostel again so it did make a good impression. The staff were friendly and the reception is open 24 hours so I did feel safe and secure and I didn't worry about any of my belongings being stolen. The people who were staying there weren't as friendly as I thought they would have been but the majority of them didn't speak English as a first language so this may have been a reason for lack of communication. The hostel is situated in a convenient place, close to the famous O'Connell Street and near Temple Bar and if you wanted to explore other places, there is always the hop on and hop off Dublin Bus Tour which is well worth the price. Overall, I would recommend this hostel to people who are travelling solo, backpacking or as a cheap weekend away with your friends. I don't know how much I payed for two nights stay but I do know that it cost us £50 overall for flights and accommodation so I'd say we got a fantastic deal. Thanks for your service Abraham House.

Room Tip: Top floors become very hot when the weather is warmer.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Charleroi, Belgique
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Was there for a conference in february. I arrived late evening. The place is clean and cosy. Room was good; i was supposed to have a single room but they gave me a family room so there was a lot of free space. Breakfast was very disappointed: just toast, butter, jam, milk and cereals some boiled eggs and nescafé coffé (really bad, at least some natural coffee would be a good idea). You get free wifi but in my room i had just some problems with the network (bad reception). They gave me a free towel at the reception. I didn't use the luggage room but they have safety lockers that you have to pay extra. Very secure place. there are a lot a cosy commun area places with sofas and small tables in all the building.

Room Tip: i didn't book by myself but i think you can have better value for the money somewhere else (it w...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Lakenheath, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and two of our friends stayed in a four person room with private bathroom for one night. It was so disgusting we never took our shoes off and slept on the towels we had brought with us. The linen was never unfolded and no one dared take a shower in the dirt encrusted bathroom. The room smelled of urine and there was gum stuck to the bed frame that should have clearly been seen by housekeeping. Absolutely disgusting and would not recommend this to anyone. Do not waste your money.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Helena, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Walking into this hostel I was surprised it had not been condemned. The stairs and floors felt like they would fall out beneath you at any moment. The hallways smelled like sweaty old socks. The entire building was loud and creeky. The worst part about it was our room was super hot and smelled like pee and the bathroom smelled like sewer gas. The shower and bathroom were covered in discussing black mold. The shower door was broken so water covered the bathroom floor after every shower. I felt like I was getting even more dirty when I took a shower here. The carpets and mattresses were stained and smelly. The breakfast isn't much unless you like warm yogurt and milk for some cereal. The staff however was friendly but I would never dream of coming back here since I was so discusted by everything about this place.

• Stayed May 2014
Split, Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Great location, clean room, polite and kind stuff, free and good Wi-Fi, free breakfast (cereal, toast with butter and jam, coffee and juice - enough for start of the day!)

I don't have big dislikes but few things could be better: low pressure of water in toilet,there were only two plug sockets in 4bed dorm

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

A nice friendly hostel. Is in a great location, 5 min walk to all the major downtown sights. There is someone at reception 24/7, so there is always someone to answer questions. Very friendly and helpful staff. Cheap price that includes breakfast (cereals, toast, yogurt and fruit).

Room Tip: The dorms are the cheapest option but are located on the top floor. If you want dorms but don't...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I was booked to stay here on the 23/5/14 but had to cancel due to a family death while on the phone explaining my situation the staff member went ahead and canceled my booking taking the money out of my account without permission. When I contacted them threw email the said they had rebooked the rooms which is a total lie. I would not recommend this dive to anyone for being a hostel it's a dump so beware if you ever book and you have a death they will take the money without any concern what so ever

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Abrahams Hostel? Share your experiences!