“I loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abrahams Hostel

You added Abrahams Hostel to your Saves list
Abrahams Hostel
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   82 - 83 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin D1, Ireland (Formerly Abraham House)   |
Ranked #37 of 89 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Lisbon, Portugal
“I loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This hostel is in the center of the city, close to go walking to almost every place in Dublin. The rooms are nice and the breakfast has fruits, coffee, cornflakes, tea, bread, butter and etc.
The staff is friendly and willing to help when I needed some information.
It's very close to Busaras bus station, like 3-4 minutes walking.

Room Tip: I stayed in a 8 female dorm. It was ok, but the beds were too close from each other.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

After initially getting lost trying to find this hostel, it can be found on a road full of hostels with a pub on the corner with many flags (just a tip!). The staff were very friendly on arrival. Your passport is needed. For the price, it is extremely good value. Breakfast was standard: cereals (corn flakes, coco pops etc), toast, eggs, orange juice, tea/coffee. Hostel is located near to main shopping areas and only ~15 minutes walk to Temple Bar or Trinity College.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Malaga, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

It's not the hostel of my dreams but I can't complain at all. Bearing in mind that is right in the center of Dublin, it's pretty good. It's not expensive (especially when you walk around the same street and see the prices of other accomodations around). The staff was nice. I wish the beds were already made, but oh well. It was surprisingly clean for such a big and busy hostel. My bathroom had a bit of mold on the ceilling but it's normal cos it's an old building. I didn't get to see the breakfast cos we left really early for the airport

Room Tip: I stayed in the white house and there was not noise at all.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This place really too me by surprise as I was expecting it to be run down giving the price I paid for it, but I must say it was really good. I stayed in a private single room with my own bathroom, it was clean and tidy and perfect for what i needed for a two night stay in Dublin. The room was well heated and the water in the shower was also hot. The location is great for people wanting to be near O' Connell Street and the North side, and it's not too far of a walk to the South side areas of Grafton Street, Hardcore Street and Temple Bar (maybe 15 - 20mins).
The downside to this place was the mattress was rock hard, so if that's not your thing it may be a problem. Also, I didn't like having to hand in my key every time I came and went from the Hostel, it was annoying having to Que every time to do this. But overall i would recommend it to others based on the price alone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great position for busses and shops, near the city centre.
We were five girls with bathroom inside room, perfect! Besides, very cheap hostel.
Room was clean, linens are provided in the hostel free of charge.
There's a large dining room, and a generous breakfast. Free wifi in the common rooms.
Definitely a good hostel for traveling with friends

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
O Carballino, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

One of the things I hated was the mattress I had in my bed. It was awfully uncomfortable! Rooms are warm. There was A STEP in my room! What's the reason for that? I almost fall down.
Breakfast was free from 7:30 to 10:30. :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here for a week from the 21st to 28th August, it was my first time travelling alone and my first time staying in a Hostel, so needless to say i was a little anxious upon arrival, as i had no idea what to expect! I had an early flight so went and checked in, which was very easy and put my luggage in the luggage room before heading out.
After coming back later on, I was given clean bed linen and directed to my room, the room itself was a 10 bed dorm, which was a reasonable size and very clean, (from what I remember the cleaner came into the room everyday) the only real problems were the tiny bathroom and the fact the room faced on to a main road, but considering that I could sleep through an earthquake, I didn't find that a problem!
There is free WiFi available, which supposedly only works in the lobby, but i found that as my room was more or less about it, i still got connection upstairs, which was good.
I can't comment on the free breakfast as I didn't actually make use of it the whole time i was there.
The hostel itself is great value for money per night and more or less very central, with roughly a 10 minute walk to temple bar, however, I didn't really feel very comfortable walking back to it in the dark. Nevertheless, although, I probably won't be travelling back to Dublin alone for a while, I would definitely recommend this Hostel and would definitely stay here again! :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Abrahams Hostel? Share your experiences!