“Returning to its former glory” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dublin - Burlington Road

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dublin - Burlington Road to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dublin - Burlington Road
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Upper Leeson Street, Dublin 4, Ireland   |
Special Offer
Save 20% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #50 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Returning to its former glory”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed all Ireland football final week end two rooms newly renovated , booked through trivago
Half the price of other hotels close by , very comfortable lobby , modern bar with sky sports showing
Various sporting events , free wi fi , now run by Hilton who know standard needed , will definitely be back

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Jane I, Hotel Administrator at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dublin - Burlington Road, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear A1bet,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to the Doubletree by Hilton Dublin – Burlington Road Hotel. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our renovated lobby and B-Bar.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back for another great stay with us.

Hotel Administrator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Not a four star hotel room....no decent reading lights or outlets. Old TV. Room at most a two star. This place is currently under construction. Some elevators out of service. Beds on wheels and so unsteady that bed has a tendency to roll away when you sit down.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I'm here as part of a tour group. We arrived at 9 am and had about an hours wait to check in, but considering most check ins are late in the day, I was okay waiting in the comfortable lobby. Location is good. Walking distance to much of what one would want to see. My room is in a non-refurbished area and is in great need but it is clean, comfortable, functional and pretty spacious by European standards. Seems a bit noisy from neighboring rooms and hallway. Have only been here for a few hours of a 2 night stay so I don't have any info on food or service. It seems to cater to tours by the number of buses I've seen. It's okay for this kind of travel. There is no charm, but I think it works on other levels. Perhaps when Reno is complete, it will present better.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Barbdpayne,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your initial visit to the Hotel.

I am glad to hear our front office team were able to accommodate your early arrival, as this is not always possible as typically the check-in time for our hotel is 3.00pm.

We hope you enjoyed visit to Ireland and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back when the Hotel renovations are complete.

seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I'm currently here and this is the experience so far:

Hotel is under renovation per the website and some disturbance is anticipated. The website also listed executive rooms (which is why I booked here): "Executive Rooms Upgrade yourself to the Executive Room and benefit from the exclusive Executive Lounge access which offers complimentary breakfast, refreshments and snacks throughout the day. Stay connected with complimentary high-speed internet access at the large working desk; revive in a stylish bathroom which features a bath with shower and a range of luxury amenities for your convenience."

Attempt to check-in around 1:45 and was told the room would be ready in an hour. "Fine, I'll wait in the executive lounge." "We have no executive lounge." You get the picture. Some discussion about advertising this benefit occurs and we settle on waiting in the bar with pints on the hotel and they add some food to it - nice touch. A little after 3:00 I was told the room was ready. Hot day in Dublin and the air conditioning is shut down during renovation. Back to the front desk and advise them this isn't acceptable given the very hot room (and heating is down too should the weather change to cold). They are very nice and apologetic. I say that transport to the airport Hilton and a room would be an acceptable alternative (other Dublin properties sold out). While making arrangements the guest relations manager meets with me. She is very nice and offers a suite with fans. I agree and wait another 45 minutes for this to become available. Later I ask for a bucket of ice, an hour later it is off to the bar to get my own. Off to the business center to print boarding passes and find the paper is gone and has been for some time given the amount of jobs in the que. Find some oversized paper and cut it down to work (the front desk had lines 4-5 deep). This is all within 3 hours of check-in.

This hotel is busy with tours and airline crews but fails miserably while trying to operate under this transition.

There was 2 baileys waiting for me in the original room which I'm glad I took as there wasn't any diamond amenities waiting in the new room.

I think this might be a good choice in the future but I'd steer clear in the near future.

Room Tip: wait until renovation is over - unacceptable for a hotel to have neither heating or cooling.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
The Villages, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree on our first night in Dublin as a part of a tour. The hotel lobby was extremely busy. However, the room was clean, quiet and nicely appointed. As part of our tour, we had a full Irish Breakfast in the hotel restaurant that was very good. The hotel is also in a nice area with a choice of restaurants within a couple blocks walk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jane I, Hotel Administrator at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dublin - Burlington Road, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Steve Bressi,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of Doubletree by Hilton Dublin – Burlington Road.

I hope you enjouyed your tour of Ireland and it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and you have as an enjoyable stay as the last.

Jane

Jane Igoe-Hotel Administrator
Doubletree by Hilton Dublin – Burlington Road
Windsor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

A somewhat tricky to find hotel especially since it appears to have changed its name recently. However, there was easy on site parking and a charming set of receptionists to greet us. I was with a Diamond HH person but, as we booked in, we discovered that there was no Executive Lounge (due to refurbishment) and we would be given a pack containing a breakfast voucher and a drinks voucher instead. The pack was not ready for us but we were promised it would be up immediately.

However, we had to wait for 4+ hrs for our Executive Pack and had to remind staff 3 times before it finally arrived. All this was an irritation but the worst thing was that I discovered there was neither air conditioning nor heating in my room! And it was cold! I had to ask for a duvet after my first night when I finished up sleeping in the issued towelling dressing gown. When the duvet arrived it was a single one and I was sleeping in a double bed! All was blamed on refurbishment, no evidence of which was apparent in our rooms which actually looked recently refurbished and decorated.

So, on the good side we had charm by the bucketload and relatively prompt and cheerful assistance when I twice had problems with the safe. Breakfast was excellent. Parking was easy. But I was cold and we had to wait for our vouchers for hours. All I would say is, if you are intending to visit in the colder months, you make sure when you book that you have a refurbished room with heating or in summer with air conditioning!

Room Tip: Check there is heating/ air on BEFORE booking!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed just one night for a meeting and it is an huge hotel, with good spacious rooms and friendly staff. However everybody in the Hotel was awaked at 6:00 am by the fire alarms. The most interesting is that some weeks before the entire hotel was evacuated for the same reason: fire on the kitchen...

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jane I, Hotel Administrator at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dublin - Burlington Road, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton – Burlington Road. The hotel is fully in compliance with all the statutory fire safety regulations and has a well detailed fire procedures in place.

I appreciate that any fire alarm activation is disruptive and more so when it happens early in the morning. On the night in question the alarms were activated from a faulty sensor that sent incorrect information to the fire alarm panel and triggered the alarms. The fire alarm performed as expected considering the information that it received and it was an unfortunate activation that did not warrant a full evacuation of the building. The fault was repaired by our fire alarm company before 7am the same morning

The hotel takes its fire, life and safety responsibilities seriously and our primary concern at all times is for the safety and welfare of both our customers and staff.

Thank you for feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the property.

Hotel Administrator

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dublin - Burlington Road? Share your experiences!