“You have to go to understand” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1,845 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Brazil is the largest and most populous country in South America. Almost as if to complement its exciting geographical contrasts, from wetlands to tropical forest to beaches, it also boasts an incredible multi-ethnic mix, which is mirrored in its cuisine.The indigenous Tupi Indians had already mastered the art of preserving meats through smoking and drying by the time the Portuguese colonised Brazil in 1533. They had developed the use and processing of Corn (in particular Corn Porridge) as well as the use of many root vegetables such as sweet potato and manioc (also known as yucca or cassava ).Not only did the Portuguese bring with them their own culinary customs (heavily influenced by 300 years of Moorish occupation) but they also imported slaves from West Africa with their cooking traditions. The use of coconut milk, peppers and dende (palm oil) are amongst the many ideas introduced by the slaves, all of which are prevalent in Brazilian cooking.Many more immigrants followed later, including Western Europeans, peoples from the Middle East and Asia, but unlike the Portuguese and African traditions, their culinary contributions were absorbed rather than evolved.As with many other large countries, Brazilian cuisine has its regional differences, although staple ingredients throughout Brazil today include beans, rice and manioc meal. To the North (includes Amazonas, Rondônia and Pará), the diet is mainly fish, root vegetables and fruit as opposed to the Southeast where the use of corn, pork and beans is traditional. Our restaurant is based in a small baroque city of Ouro Preto (from Portuguese, Black Gold) is a city in the state of Minas Gerais, Brazil, a former colonial mining town located in the Serra do Espinhaço mountains and designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO because of its outstanding Baroque architecture. A different and enjoyable option for a FINE DINING Brazilian Restaurant. A cozy atmosphere for pleasant moments with friends and partners. Excellent food and proud to show our diverse culinary dishes to europeans.
Dublin, Ireland
“You have to go to understand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Went with my boyfriend and we had a wonderful time. Upon arrival up to the very end, the staff was very nice and made us comfortable. We enjoyed every bit of our food... it is something I had never experienced before. I had friend telling me about it and now I understand. You have to do it once in your life.
I hope o bring my parents next time they visit Dublin.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Best dinning experience I've ever encountered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I dined here last night for the first time. Wow, what an experience. From the telephone booking until I left the restaurant we were treated like royalty. Service is first class, ambience is unbelievable and the food is just out of this world. I have never experienced flavours like that before and I have eaten in some top class restaurants around the world. Thank you all for a wonderful night and making us feel special, I will be returning very soon.

Visited June 2013
Dingle, Ireland
“A truly wonderful night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was in Sabor last night with my Girlfriend for her birthday. It was a surprise dinner for her and it turned out to be probably the best and most memorable dinner we have had together. Between Tom's hosting skills and Marco's cooking you are in for a wonderful night. The attention to detail is amazing, the food is delicious and presented in such a wonderful varied way. It is a special restaurant for a special occasion. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!.

Cork, Ireland
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

There is a reason this is the number one rated restaurant in Dublin; it is the most amazing experience I have ever had. Everything from the food to the service to the setting is just incredible. While it is expensive, it is such a fabulous experience it is so worth it because it really is such a special treat, and the staff cannot do more for you!

Dublin
“Sabor... One of the best dining experiences I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

What a night...seven courses of fabulous food, charming service and a leisurely pace. Everyone is welcoming and Tom, Marco and the service staff are so enthusiastic about what they do. Prosecco to start and then the food... Sushi, pâté, pastries, sorbet, steak...flavours are delicate and surprising.

The courses are well paced, there is no rushing here. Be prepared to spend 3 hours eating...heaven!

• Visited May 2013