“Top class” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 1,892 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani, Asian fusion, Pan-Asian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Ananda is Ireland’s premier fine dining restaurant. Ananda’s impeccable pedigree, enviable location and stunning interior design made it Dublin’s most anticipated restaurant opening of 2008. A series of superlative restaurant reviews quickly cemented its reputation as one of Ireland’s finest dining experiences.
“Top class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

This is by far one of the best restaurant's myself and my wife like to visit. The entire experience is so enjoyable. Not matter how busy they are the service is top class, unobtrusive and effortless. The food matches the service and every single dish I have tried has been truely delicious. Would recommend anyone to try this restaurant. We will defo be regular customers. :):):)

Visited June 2013
benny j, Manager at Ananda Restaurant, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We are very delighted to see that you had an enjoyable experience at Ananda. It is such feedback that keeps us striving to make the product even better.

Noida
“Great food great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Very nice Indian food in Dublin. The attendants were helpful in getting the food according to taste. Nice ambience and location. Ample parking

Visited July 2013

“Good but not great....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have heard a lot about the Ananda Restaurant and its superb quality. Reading the different reviews and seeing the Michelin ratings at the door raised my expectations.

I went there for dinner with a friend. The location is quite modern and very clean. The food was really excellent!!! We enjoyed all the food we ordered.

What holds me back to give it the fifth star is the service. We had to wait for the waiter a number of times and one of them seemed quite cool, if not to say a little rude. Maybe it was just that it was a bad day. I think if the friendliness is improved and the waiters are a little more attentative, the rating would be at 6 stars even.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
benny j, Manager at Ananda Restaurant, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We are very delighted to see that you enjoyed your meal at Ananda. We are concerned and our sincere apologies for the careless attitude of the waiter who served you. I have taken your point at the staff briefing & can assure you that this will not happen again. It is such feedback that keeps us striving to make the restaurant even better.

Dublin, Ireland
“Could be Michelin Star if they tried a little harder”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

That's not to say they didn't try. With only a small handful of Michelin Star restaurants in Ireland, I actually don't see the point of them pushing for the next level.

We recently ate in a Michelin Star restaurant (€240 for two with wine) and went to Ananada a week laters to try their tasting menu (for the third time) (€120 for two with wine). So given this comparison I think Ananda wins HANDS DOWN.

Some of the presentation was a little awkward, with well stacked and food arrangement toppling over as the waiter plonked the plate down. That's as about as much complaining I can do :)

€50 a head tasting menu is a must for any Indian Food lover.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
benny j, Manager at Ananda Restaurant, responded to this review, July 1, 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“Simply the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

If you haven't been to Ananda then you haven't experienced what can be done with Indian/Asian food. There are others in Dublin and India, but this one is still up there. I have been many times (and again three days ago) and thought it about time to write something. The experience is excellent, from the moment you enter the premises. The staff are very friendly and attentive. I still feel special despite the fact that the restaurant has become more popular over the past few years. The food has always been amazing and this is something that a lot of restaurants fail to sustain. I have spent time in India and have also brought Indians to Ananda. They were amazed at the high standard of the cuisine and how much it tasted like 'home'. I will keep going back to Ananda. Actually, writing this review has made me think that I may need to make that reservation sooner rather than later!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere