“Great Intro To Irish History!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #6 of 171 Tours & Activities in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Extreme Ireland/Irish Day Tours are the best day tour company in Ireland. We run tours 7 days a week from Dublin to the Cliffs of Moher, Giants Causeway, Connemara, Belfast, Cork and Blarney, Celtic Boyne Valley Tour & many private group tours. We are also the proud providers of the most entertaining evening tours in Dublin, our Gravedigger tour and our Irish Traditional Story Telling tour. Come aboard the company well ahead of the game in Ireland.
Juneau, Alaska
3 attraction reviews
“Great Intro To Irish History!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I took the 1 Day Celtic Tour on 19 Sep 2012, and I have to say, this having been my first trip outside of the United States our driver and tour guide Jim did a stellar job of showing us some great sites and filling us in on a bit of Irish history. I thought I knew a fair bit about it having done some homework before heading there, but after listening to Jim throughout the day, I now have a much better understanding of why things were the way they were, are how they are, and how they will more than likely play out in the future. Cheers Jim for making the day a great one!

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

It was an amazing trip! The driver Joseph is very very funny and kind. I love the Irish music and the songs sung by Joe!!! The scenery is amazing! I still feel excited about the trip though I have been back for a while. It is unforgetable. It is so beautiful! Strongly recommend this trip.

Knightdale, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
“Book this trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We had gone back and forth on whether or not to book a total coach tour or a train/coach tour. In the end decided on an all coach tour. Could not have made a better decision!

Our driver/guide Wayne was outstanding; both in his presentation and his knowledge of the entire region we visited. The rope bridge was closed due to weather so Wayne allotted extra time at Giant's Causeway and in Belfast. Also added a quick stop at Bushmill's Distillery.

Wayne hooked us up with a Black Cab tour of Belfast. If you have the opportunity to experience this tour, take it!. The history of this area is so brutally sad and the Black Cab tours give first hand knowledge from people that have lived through the Troubles/

We also chose the dinner at The Church option. Everything was set up and ready for us after our day in the north.

Great experience start to finish!

Trondheim, Norway
50 attraction reviews
“Gravediggers ghost tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We knew a bit about the history of Ireland and weren't too sure what to expect. We hoped for fun. We got fun. The three actors had put a lot of effort in their costumes and played their roles perfectly. The same for the bus.
The two hours flew by in a blink and we were surprised when it was over. We had a lot of fun and enjoyed every scary moment of the tour.

Am Rhein
“"Celtic 1 Day Tour" with Jim”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The Celtic One Day Tour is a great tour for the Irish by heart!
On the one hand we visited (13th Sep '12) lots of sights playing a great role in history or being a wonderful place in Irish countryside. On the other hand, our tour guide Jim explained us lots of things to know about Ireland: history, people, sights...
For me, it was a great chance to renew my knowledge I got two years before. I can remember almost all the things Jim told us; that shows his ability to tell storys in a exhilarating way.
Thanks a lot, Jim!