“don't think about it just book it,its a fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Food & Beverage Credit
Ranked #11 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
ireland
“don't think about it just book it,its a fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

we stayed one night going to a concert in the Aviva stadium, the hotel is so easy to get to, even though it looks a bit out of the way on a map the luas is right outside the door which takes you into dublin city center in minutes. The hotel is modern, the rooms are spacious with everything you could want for a short or long stay it even has an iron and ironing board. the service is excellent and staff are very friendly and helpful.We will be staying again in april for a show and sooner if we can get away.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dminihane, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2010
Dear SkippyIreland,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at the gibson hotel. It is important for us to fit our bedrooms with top of the range equipement including iron, ironing baord and hairdryer as we understand how important it is to our guests.
The enterior of the hotel is very modern and chic, our bedroomsare decorated with specific colours, to help our guests feel calm and relaxed. The layout of the bedroom is also designed to give the guest as much space as possible.
We look forward to welcoming you again in April. If you need any assistance with your booking please contact me directly on dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie

Best Regards,

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

The rooms in the hotel are a great size and are very attractive. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. It's in a great location - en route to and from the hotel and near the air coach bus stop and the LUAS stop is right outside the hotel which takes you into the city in 5-10 minutes. The breakfast was excellent as was the meal we had at the bar one night. We had a problem with our shower leaking onto the bathroom floor and didn't like the feature of having the tv sound piped into the bathroom without the facility to turn it off but apart from that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Also appreciated the use of a computer to access the internet.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Dear TiqueLondon,

We are delighted to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us in the gibson hotel and in particular that you enjoyed your meal in our Hemidemisemquavar bar. We apologies that the option to turn off the sound from the tv in the bathroom was not available to you. I have passed on your comments to our maintenance manager, who is looking into making this possible for our guests.

We appreciate all your feedback and the time spent on reviewing the gibson hotel. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Donal Minihane,
Deputy General Mangar
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

The Gibson is a great choice if you want to relax and enjoy a really comfortable room and environment. Rooms are modern with nice beds. Showers are amazing -- they're big and have 2 shower heads with one directly above you out of the ceiling and one shower wand on the wall. The bed had some cool track lighting underneath and was comfortable. The hotel is brand new, with big open spaces. It's located next to "The O2" at "The Point" and is served by both the Luas (intra-city rail car) and the Dublin Aircoach airport bus. You can walk downtown in 10-15 minutes too.

The staff was friendly, young and attractive. They were upbeat and made the stay more pleasant. It seems like they're still working out some teething pains since the hotel is brand new, but the issues I had were resolved pretty quickly and their attitude was great. After getting to the hotel, it was so nice I didn't want to leave. I just relaxed in my room and in the large hotel restaurant for a while before going downtown.

The location is not central. You're about 10 minutes from O'Connell St., so if you want to walk out your door and be in the middle of things, this isn't your place. However, public transport comes literally right to the front door of the hotel until around 1230am. If you want to get a few minutes away from the madness of downtown and relax in a nice hotel, this is your place.

All in all, a very impressive place. I came away from a one night stay thoroughly relaxed and happy. First class experience.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Hi rmo213,

Thank you for taking the time to write up such an informative review on the gibson hotel, we really appreciate it.
Although the hotel is situated in Dublin's new cultural Hub we are only eight minutes away from the hussle and bussle of the city centre by taking the Luas that stops right outside our front door.
We appreciate you mentioning that we did have some teething problems when we first opened, however with the official launch of the hotel under our belt we are now even more confident that our staff can resolve any issues quickly and professionally.
We are so happy to hear that you found the hotel so relaxing. Please contact me directly at dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie if you have any special requirements for your next booking.

Kind Regards,

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

Lovely hotel. New, clean and spacious hotel directly opposite the 02 arena, making it a great location for concerts etc.
The Luas tram is directly outside the hotel and is very frequent for getting into the centre of Dublin.
We arrived at 8am and were allowed to check straight in to our room first thing after pre-notifying the hotel by email that we would be arriving early.
The staff were more than helpful and gave the hotel a personal touch. Breakfast was great and the bar area was extremely comfortable. Monsoon showers also sold this hotel to us.
The "Paddywagon" minibus stops at the hotel for airport transfers and is very inexpensive and quick for getting to the airport.
We will be travelling to Dublin frequently and will stay at the Gibson again, without a doubt.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Dminihane, Front Office Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2010
Dear Jomiller,

It is lovely to hear your comments and feedback on the gibson hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future, perhaps you will be treating yourself to a concert in the o2 sometime soon! The monsoon showers fitted in our bathrooms are definatley a luxury, on your next stay you will have to try the japanese copper zen baths in the relaxation area, which will be opening very soon. If you have any special requests for you next stay please contact me directly on dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie

Best Regards,

Manchester, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

Hi,
Firstly I would just like to say that the Gibson hotel does have alot of potential. It is a beautiful hotel with gorgeous rooms and definately has the looks!!! BUT the service is TERRIBLE!! On check-in they took my card details, and was told they needed them for a Pre-Authorisation, however they did not say for how much! On check-out I paid them the full amount for 2 nights stay plus room service etc. The day after I checked out, I checked my bank and realised I was missing £216. Apparently the Gibson Hotel when they pre-authorised it, they did not cancel it! So in effect it looks like they have charged me TWICE for my stay! I rang them up to explain this and they told me that it was issued back to me when I checked out and should be in my bank. I checked with my bank and Nope still not there! I rang back again and spoke to a manager, they told me that it was their fault because they should not have pre-authorised my card in the first place as it was a visa debit. They only should pre-authorise credicards! And because they pre-authorised my visa debit,. then they cannot cancel the pre-auth. The woman explained to me that she will speak with their financial department and see if they can issue a refund of the sale, and then they keep the pre-auth. I said yes that would be great! She emailed me back to say that they could do that either! I was like 'rite ok?! well how do i get my money back?!' They said it will automatically go back to my account after 10 working days!! Erm NO!! I simply cannot wait 10 working days for over £200 to go back into my account! Do they not think I have bills etc to pay! All this because a member of their staff cocked up BIG time!! I spoke to my bank who said that because this transaction has left me with NO MONEY at all in my account then they should be able to go back to their authorization centre explain i have no access to funds, and they should be able to cancel the pre-auth at their end! OR issue me with a refund! Simply because it is their fault! I have sent them an email requesting this, and have STILL not heard anything back! I am VERY disappointed with their level of service, because it feels like they simply do not care!! I am still trying to battle to get my money back, but how long I will have to wait I do not know?!
It is a real shame this has happened, as the hotel itself is lovely! But the staff simply are not trained well enough to deal with customers, nor do they care about the service they are giving!!! It is disappointing as I would have definately stayed there again if this had not happened before!

Apparently it has happened to a couple of other customers! It is simply not acceptable really! And they need to sort this issue out ASAP otherwise they will get a bad reputation as it is still fairly new hotel!

I felt this review had to be written to warn other customers who are goin to stay there in the future! If you are paying by debit card, DO NOT let them Pre-authorize your card on arrival. Only let them do it if it is a creditcard! They should know this themselves, but clearly do not because they made the error with me! And I am not paying the consequences of having NO money in my bank, simply because they have made a stupid error! I am hoping I will get my money back soon! But when this will happen I do not know?! So Customers be warned!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dminihane, Front Office Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2010
Dear Debzmanc,

Further to our telephone conversation I would like to reiterate our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by our mistake. As mentioned on the phone we explored every avenue to rectify the situation we put you in. We are happy that the situation is resolved and we would like to assure you and other guests that we have changed our procedures so that an incident like this does not occur again. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gibson Hotel as our guest, should you require any assistance in arranging your return visit do not hesitate to contact me personally at bmccann@thegibsonhotel.ie.

Barry McCann
Front Desk Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I stayed at The Gibson with a friend in August. We had such a lovely weekend in Dublin. We found all of the staff at The Gibson to be excellent, they couldn't help us enough. The room was lovely, very modern and spacious, and all areas in the hotel were impecably clean. We sampled a good few cocktails in the Hemidemisemiquaver Bar (which were all delicious!) before hopping on the Luas for a short ride into the City Centre. The beds were so comfortable we wished we could have stayed for a little longer! We opted to have breakfast in our room, and again the service and quality were of the standard we enjoyed throughout our stay. We will definitely be returning in the future.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Dminihane, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2010
Dear Helen0379,

We were delighted to read that you had such a good weekend at the Gibson. Thank you for your comments on our facilities and in particular your comments about our staff which I have passed on to our team. We hope to welcome you back real soon, if you need any assistance in planning your next visit do not hesitate to drop me a line at dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie and it would be my pleasure to assist you in any way I can.

kinsale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

Stayed at the Gibson last Wed. I have worked in the hotel industry for a while so these days hotels for me are just places I stay and reminds me of work. My stay at the Gibson was my 1st stay in a hotel for a longtime that gave me a wow factor. It is a great hotel in a great location. The rooms are very large and I just loved the balcony where you can eat, drink or have a sneaky smoke with great views of Dublin. The LUAS stops outside the door and you can be in the City Centre in 5 mins. I will be back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Dear Kinsaleboye,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Thank you for your wonderful comments which I have relayed to the team. Please feel free to get in touch if you are planning a return visit and I would be delighted to assist you. You can contact me at dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gibson Hotel.

Deputy General Manager

Been to The Gibson Hotel? Share your experiences!