“Great New Hotel - Will Be Superb” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Food & Beverage Credit
Ranked #10 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Ballymote, Ireland
“Great New Hotel - Will Be Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

Stayed here last Saturday night with my wife just for a short break away. We had a bit of difficulty finding our way up to the hotel from the underground car park but eventually got there.
We took the lift to the spacious large third floor reception area which was very impressive.
The girl on reception was exceptionally nice and tremendously helpful.
We were assigned a lovely modern room next to the courtyard. The room itself was lovely with all mod cons you would expect inc flat screen tv and free wifi access. The bathroom was spacious with a walk in shower with two shower heads including one rain shower. On the downside, the mini bar was not stocked and the bed was a bit small. The communal areas are very modern and chic with modern lighting in the hallways.
We ate in the bar (as the restaurant is yet to open). The bar is in a large high ceiling open area over looking the O2. The service was good, the food was good, the drink was good, the prices were, well, this is Dublin!
We had breakfast delivered with a smile to the room the following morning which was excellent.
The hotel is a great place if you know your way around Dublin, with the Luas only outside the door. It is obviously in an ideal location for gigs in the O2 however we found that the price is hiked up when there is a gig on locally but I suppose that is the way, supply/demand etc.
This is a great hotel in a good location. The Point Village is still getting going and when the hotel restaurant is open the hotel itself will be perfect.
We will definitely be staying again and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dminihane, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2010
Dear Sligocouple1982,

Thank you for your recent review. It is great to see such positive comments about our facilities and our team here at the Gibson. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and I have passed your comments all to all concerned. Please feel free to contact me at any stage if you are planning a return visit to Dublin at dminhane@thegibsonhotel.ie and I would be delighted to assist you with your reservation. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gibson Hotel.

Deputy General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Pontefract, West Yorkshire, England.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

I stayed at The Gibson for two nights whilst on business in Dublin and chose the hotel on the back of its discounted rates. The hotel has only just opened and although not serious I did encounter a few teething problems but I would suggest that these will be ironed out quickly.
As you would expect the hotel is very modern, spacious and quite contemporary, the rooms are large, very well equipped and very comfortable. Importantly the staff are friendly, willing and attentive, a little too attentive maybe as they are obviously still following a training script, not a bad thing but seems a little forced.
I ate in the bar on both nights and thoroughly enjoyed the duck spring rolls, risotto and thai curry. I would definitely recommend.
Although not central, the location of the hotel is great for the O2 and with a tram stop immediately outside the attractions of Dublin are easily accessible.
My experience was slightly tainted because although the hotel was empty my request for a complementary upgrade was denied. In addition sky sports isn't yet available in the bar and also that nobody appeared to be trained on how to use the projector and tv screen, this meant that the Champions League match on teresstrial tv couldn't be screened either......I'm afraid this is a must for a solo traveller as it helps releive the stress after a long day in the office.
All in all I would recommend but I would give it a few more weeks until the teething problems are ironed out!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dear Adrian48,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay despite the few issues you encountered. We were delighted to note that you found the staff friendly and attentive and I have passed your comments on to the team. To address the issues you have pointed out- Sky Sports is now available to our guests on both the big screen in the bar and the flatscreen TV in our residents bar. I apologise for the fact that you didn't receive an upgrade as requested. It is hotel policy to try to accomodate upgrade requests wherever possible depending on availablity. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss this further or if you have any other queries do not hesitate to contact me at dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Gibson Hotel in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

Dublin is full of locations to sit back and enjoy an afternoon of relaxation and conversation with friends, I can now say that the Gibson is up there with the best of them. The short trip down on the Luas, up to the 3rd floor and then leave the world outside. Good bar food ( try the Seafood Platter or Thai Green Curry) as good as anything served in Bentleys or Dylan. The mood music and open space feel is great. Staff were good...attentive but not intrusive. Friends stayed overnight and were well pleased. Will be back to enjoy the facilities

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Weekender45,

Thank you for your feedback. Glad you enjoyed the chilled out atmosphere in the bar. I have passed your comments on to our team. The Gibson is also a great place for events. Next time you are down in the area you should ask for a showaround and check out our function space and bedrooms. If you would like a showaround of the property at any time do not hesitate to contact me on dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie.

Belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Stayed here on a Saturday night, good atmosphere around the hotel and all staff seemed very pleasant. Rooms were very good and comfortable. The luas is conveniently located at the hotel entrance and is advisable to take this is going into the city centre, otherwise you will have a 20 minute walk ahead.
All in all a nice hotel. Would I stay again? If I was going to a concert at the O2 then yes definitely but I would prefer somewhere more centrally located otherwise.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dminihane, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2010
Dear Mr McAi

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and I have passed on your comments to the team. No need to stay somewhere more central next time you are in Dublin, just hop on the Luas, right outside our door, and you will be in Abbey Street right in the middle of the city center in six minutes flat. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Gibson Hotel in the future. If you require any assistance with future reservations do not hesitate to contact me at dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Carlow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

Just back from an overnight stay in this lovely hotel. Located in the grounds of the o2. in the point village. Right outside is the Luas. On saturday and sunday they have a market of fresh food and great arts and crafts Etc.
Service in the hotel is excellent. as is the food.(a little bit slow but worthed) Menu not to extensive but we were happy. Breakfast was excellent. Very trendy hotel.Also 24 hr parking onsite for 14 Euro.Its an excellent hotel for anyone going to the o2 for gig as its On you doorstep. Will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dminihane, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2010
Dear JesterCarlow,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed our hotel. We also have our restaurant 'Coda Eatery' opening in mid September which will give us a more extensive food offering. Perhaps you would like to try it next time you are in Dublin. If you are returning to dublin or attending a gig in the O2, please do not hesitate to contact me at dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie and I would be delighted to look after your reservation.

Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

Gibson is new in Dublin, but do not let that put you off, these guys are putting a new look on customer service. From the moment we entered this hotel, we had a welcome handover to reception by the porter, a full explanation of the hotel facilities from the receptionist standing with us on our side of the counter, a cool bedroom and bathroom (rain showers wow!) with a balcony and automated blinds, complimentary tea and coffee all day, a bar/restaurant with views that you'd forget you are in Dublin looking over Dublin port, and furniture that is different and funky. My wife and I are not fans of the ultra modern hotels, but this has positioned itself cosily between the modern and traditional style hotel.

Yes the staff have still to fine comb the nitty gritty of a new hotel, such as clearing tables, bar counters, maybe adhering a little quicker to customer tables but I promise you, the overall experience of the hotel suppresses these momentarily issues, that you will just love this hotel.

The car can be parked directly under the hotel at 14 euro per day (Hotel Rate), you are the same grounds as the O2 concert venue, city centre is sought from the luas directly outside the door for 1.60 euro, and in 7 mins you are in abbey street, the heart of Dublin city centre. We walked it twice and it was a lovely 15min flat walk. For GAA fans, Croke part is no more than 20 mins walk away (Check google map for the two locations). We had the joy of a fabulous food, knick knacks and clothes market in front of the O2 concert hall on Saturday and Sunday.

It's great, trust me. Location is perfect, away from hussle and bustle of Dublin, yet near enough to be there in 7 mins. Enjoy

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dminihane, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2010
Dear Kcotter,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and it is great to see such positve comments about the hotel, I have passed them on to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gibson Hotel in the future. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie.

atlantic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

This hotel has something. I have now stayed 3 times in the hotel and i really like it.
I'm not sure why i like it?

What i do like about the hotel: The rooms, the view from the Bar, the staff, the food, the location.
What i don't like about the hotel: The $5 room service tray charge is not on menu, the daily $14 carpark fee cannot be paid at reception, the bar menu needs work.

Apart from the little problems at the Gibson, i feel the management are going to sort things out to make the Gibson a real landmark hotel in Dublin.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dear Endurance,

Thank you for your comments, it is great to see such positive comments and I have passed them on to the team. Thank you for highlighting the fact that the room service charge is not on the menu, this is an oversight on our part and we will be sure to rectify it. Car-parking can be paid at the Front Desk or added to your bill, I am not sure why this wasn't the case during your stay but I will follow up with our Front Desk Manager. Thanks again for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gibson in the future. If you would like any assistance with future reservations or I if I can be of any further help, do not hesitate to contact me personally at dminihane@thegibsonhotel.ie.

Deputy General Manager

Been to The Gibson Hotel? Share your experiences!