“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

The Gibson Hotel is unique, modern, new and very clean. We had venue in Residents bar. The service we received was as good as 5* service. Food was delicious, we had choice of fish or beef the presentation of which was extraordinary. The taste was unforgetable, the spice, the texture. .. we also had presentation set up in meeting room. The set up was great.
Will definitely return there again for a very special event. It worth it!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Alina292014,

I am delighted to read that you chose the residents bar for your event, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed the food, I have shared your lovely comments with Chris our executive chef and all the team here and we hope you will come back and visit us soon.

assistant guest relations manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

My partner and I stayed in The Gibson for a night in March after seen a gig in The 02. The reception is located on the 3rd floor of the Hotel so when you arrive at the ground floor you wonder oh where is the reception and you then take the escalator up to it. Check in was quick and easy, the staff were extremely welcoming and quick to check us in. The room was very modern a great size, with a comfy bed and huge shower that could fit around 4 people in. The room also had ironing board and iron so didnt have to worry about clothes been creased. The Hotel is directly across from Dublin Port and The 02 and if you want to Venture into town The Luas tram stops outside the front of the Hotel. The bar in the Hotel was very busy and lively so we didnt head into Dublin City centre after the gig and just stayed in the Hotel bar. Definitely a great spot for a stay if you are going to a gig in the 02 and if you want to venture into the centre you can just jump on the Luas. There is also a bus stop outside the hotel which goes direct to Dublin Airport. I would definitely return.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Glenn D,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your kind words following your recent stay with us at The gibson Hotel. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service that we offer. I have shared your feedback with the team.

Please do come back and see us soon.

Ashford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Nothing much to complain about with this hotel, located right at the docks end of the city, next to the O2 (and also a tram which takes you all the way to O'Connell St). My room was huge, very nicely styled, lovely bathroom and comfortable bed. Bar staff friendly and helpful. Would have given it excellent rating but...front desk staff can be unfriendly. The young woman who checked me in is in the wrong business, as she clearly finds dealing with people a challenge. And...the hotel has a ridiculous policy of only accepting credit cards for incidentals. I tried to use my business debit card, and was turned down and told, in a not so friendly way, that I'd have to pay as I went. A deal-breaker for me - so I won't return until they change that policy.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Richard G,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel on your recent trip to Dublin and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us however I am disappointed that our welcome to you at check-in wasn't of the high standards we are known for so please accept our sincere apologies.

I am disappointed also that our incidentals policy was not to your satisfaction, we can take a preauthorisation on debit cards however for our guests banks to release the money back to their accounts can take up to 20 working days which is not ideal that is why we only take preauthorisation with credit cards. Perhaps the reception team should have explained this to you during your stay and I will be sharing your feedback with the front desk team.

I do hope you will visit us again if you were back in Dublin.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Wow, this place rocks and not just because its located beside the O2 Arena but down to everything from the staff to the rooms, the location, let alone the general style & funkiness! From the moment we checked in the staff were so friendly and warm and really made us feel welcome. The grand entrance and beautiful glass atrium that awaits you is gorgeous and leaves a lot of other hotels in their shadow. The rooms are so clean & trendy yet very practical and have everything you could possible need from a solid 4* deluxe hotel. The beds are really comfy and it was hard to pull ourselves out of them in the morning! The Hemi bar is open plan, which just suits the style & quirkiness of the hotel. With staff always buzzing around, you only have to lift your finger and the drink is poured - Loved it. They have large outdoor terraces with seating areas perfect for the summer. You can eat in the bar area or you can dine the yummy Asian inspired CODA restaurant, which we did, although either location the food is yum and good value we all thought. The location is perfect, you can literally park up for the weekend in the hotels secure car park and not have to think of the car for the duration of your stay ,why? ... the Luas stop is on your door step! We could be in the heart of Dublin surrounded by all the sights, shopping and entertainment in less then 10 mins- hassle free.. Friends that were staying also attended the new Bord Gais Theatre for a show and were there in a quick 5 mins taxi.
Would we stay again? In a heartbeat and we cant wait to return as its our new go to hotel in Dublin. We cant recommend the hotel enough and personally l think it suits everyone from Couples to families and ideal for a girlie weekend of shopping/cocktails. I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.. Thanks Gibson, we'll be back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear CSHDublin,

Wow ... your feedback is such a pleasure to read so thank you. It will be my great pleasure to share this with the entire team here at the hotel. They work really hard to ensure all our guests stays are comfortable throughout. their dedication along with our location makes it a truly pleasurable place to work.

I look forward to welcoming you back on any future stay at the Gibson hotel!

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stayed here overnight while on business in the city and was very happy with this hotel. Its a beautiful hotel. I have to say the staff here were lovely from start to finish. The rooms were comfortable (bed especially, slept like a baby) and spacious. The bar is lovely too if you want a quite drink to unwind from the day ;). The breakfast was also of great standard. Very happy with this hotel, would certainly return!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Alice P,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the gibson hotel on your business trip and for taking the time share your experience on tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and found all the staff to be lovely from the moment you stepped in the doors.

I am happy also that you found the bed to be comfortable and that you slept like a baby. I have shared your kind words with all the team here and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

assistant guest relation manager
Harstad, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay if you are in Dublin for a weekend or for some time. Clean rooms, helpful service and only 10 min walk or 5 min with the train raight outside the hotel. Its great breakfast and nice big rooms. Enjoy.

Room Tip: 5 og 6 floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear AnitaMikalsen,

Thank you so much for your recent feedback and your positive words to the team. I know this will make them proud as they really like to see that they have done the best for your stay. It is such a pleasure working with the team here and seeing what a positive impact they have to every guest stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the gibson on your next visit to Dublin!

Western Ireland, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed in many hotels over the years, by far The Gibson is my favourite. Have stayed many times and have never had a bad experience. Beds comfy, staff very friendly, one huge plus I love is that there is a huge window you can open for fresh air.

Downsides; parking expensive, during summer months room rates get very expensive

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Car K,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review your recent stay with us. I am really pleased to know that your stays with us have always been excellent, I will make sure that all of the team get to see your great feedback. I Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Dublin.

assistant guest relation manager

Been to The Gibson Hotel? Share your experiences!