“Great stay in Dublin” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
New York City
“Great stay in Dublin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

My friend and I stayed at The Gibson for 4 nights at the end of April and again in early May before leaving Ireland. The hotel is easy to get to via bus from the airport, it drops you off directly across the street from the hotel & the O2 Arena. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable and clean. The bathroom has a speaker imbedded into the sink so you can turn on the TV and listen to music while getting ready. The shower is amazing. It's huge! I was unable to use the dining area or bar as I was out most of the day but hope to stay there the next time I'm in town and can check them out. The hotel has a Luas (tram) stop right outside the front door that takes you into the heart of Dublin in just minutes. Dublin is a wonderful city and Ireland is a gorgeous country. I look forward to my next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear nycatdmt,

Many thanks for posting your review following your recent stay with us at The gibson Hotel. I was so pleased to read that you and your friend enjoyed all the facilities and service we take the utmost pride in providing during your four nights stay. I have passed on your kind words to all of the rest of The gibson Team.

Manager On Duty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The Gibson is a very modern stylish hotel with friendly helpful staff. The rooms are pretty big and well organised. The food (breakfast and dinner ) was excellent and not too pricey. The Spa area is nice too with two quite cool copper bath tubs on a sort of large balcony. We went for it even though it was October - it was great! (Only problem is it's beside a balcony where people can smoke). Some really nice touches (free fruit or sweets placed around the hotel). It's a bit of a walk to the town centre but doable. However the tram is literally on your doorstep. A no-risk option!

Room Tip: No particular tips - the rooms all look very similar - it's very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dnellon,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at The gibson Hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed all the smaller details we take pride in offering our guests. As I always do I have passed on your lovely words to my team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service.

Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed at the Gibson after a week long tour around Ireland. This was our "rest" after the running around. It was beautiful! First it's directly in front of the first stop of the rail, so you walk out front and jump on and head right into the heart of Dublin. It's no more than 5 minutes to Temple Bar on the train. Finally, the rooms are amazing. Beautiful modern decor. Their is an open spa anyone can use with steam room, sauna, foot baths, make your own natural beauty products station, and best of all, giant bath tubs (fits 2 people) on a balcony outside. Amazing. Best value ever.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Katie D,

I was so happy to read your very kind words following your recent stay with us at The gibson Hotel. I was delighted that we exceeded your expectations especially with the facilities we offer. It is this service that also makes The gibson one of the best hotels and the team we have that deliver it. I have passed on your comments to them already. I hope that you will come and stay with us once again in the near future.

IRELAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed here recently when we were going to concert at the adjacent O2 arena. Fantastic hotel. Clean, quiet and modern. Very quick check-in, choice of newspaper and a great breakfast buffet. The room was well appointed and smelt fab. The bed was very comfy and the shower strong. There is a large complimentary of water in the room which is a nice touch. The Luas stops directly outside the door of the hotel and its about a 10min journey from the city centre. The area around the hotel is quiet but it would be a good base for a stay in Dublin. As I mentioned earlier the hotel is ideal for a visit to the O2. We went to see Depeche Mode and within 10mins of leaving the hotel bar we were seated in the O2. The bar area is nice and the food we ate was delicious. There is a nice selection of beers available and there are great views of the surrounding area. Highly recommended. Will stay again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Waterford-TRIP,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the gibson hotel with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the little touches like the complimentary newspaper and water to your satisfaction. I have passed on your very kind words to the team here and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I loved this hotel, It's such a shame I was only there one night.
The rooms were MASSIVE, and very well appointed. the bathroom was vast also, and had an enormous shower cubicle.
There really was nothing I could fault with this hotel, it had a lovely atmosphere, the breakfast was delicious. I really couldn't have asked for anything more....except another night!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear SamiKnight,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the gibson hotel with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and couldn't fault the hotel. I have shared your review with all the team here and they look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Tullamore, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed for a night recently. We were going to concert in O2. It could not be more perfect when going to gig there. This is our second time there. Room lovely, very modern, very clean. Staff very friendly and efficient. Had breakfast which was very good, even though extremely busy. Lounge and bar very trendy. Other hotels could learn a lot from this hotel. In my opinion is good value. Would highly recommend a stay here. Full marks to the gibson. Will be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ritak754,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your second stay at the gibson hotel and thank you for sharing your experience with us. It really is a delight when guests leave such positive reviews after their stay and I hope it is not long till we are welcoming you back to the hotel.

Manager on Duty
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stay 5 nights and had no complaints. The staff helped out tremendously with all my questions and requests for places to eat and things to do. The bar and resturant had good food and nice selection of spirits.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear CHauser101,

Thank you for choosing the gibson hotel for your recent visit to Dublin and for leaving your valued review of the hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manager On Duty

Been to The Gibson Hotel? Share your experiences!