“Hotel Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Tipperary
“Hotel Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Fantastic! Ideal for attending the point, and also so handy for shopping as luas is just outside the front door of hotel, fab food, fab room, could not fault this hotel we will be back. I stayed with my two kids as we were attending a concert so it was ideal, we also went shopping so having the luas just outside the door was perfect, the staff were very helpful we arrived to Dublin early at around 10am and the receptionist checked us in straight away which was great, the bed was really nice and the bathroom was outstanding. We ate in the bar before going to the concert and it was fab something to suit everyone and not that expensive. I have already recommended the hotel to a few friends who also loved it. Thank you the Gibson!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Sharon R,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visits to our Hemi Bar and found it to be fab.

I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Manager On Duty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was here for a business meeting, but highly recommend this hotel no matter where you're staying in the city! The room was perfect, with a massive bed, and the shower was also outstanding. I have to admit that it's not a very green thing, but I did have about five showers over two days. The bar and buffet area were also spot on, with a lovely breakfast included.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Kerry M,

Thank you so much for your recent feedback and your positive words to the team. I know this will make them proud as they really like to see that they have done the best for your stay. It is such a pleasure working with the team here and seeing what a positive impact they have to every guest stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the gibson on your next visit to Dublin!

Kind Regards,

Manager on Duty
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We thought the hotel was absolutely perfect. All the staff were really friendly, especially Stephanie the receptionist. Loved the sweets at the reception desk, a lovely touch! The room was spacious, had a really comfy bed and we even had a balcony over looking the city! Food in the restaurant during the evening was really amazing; a little expensive but definitely worth it! The sauna and steam room in the hotel were fantastic, really nice place to relax after a day in the city, and they're no extra charge! The hotel location is on the edge of the city, but the luas is right outside the door and doesn't take very long to get to the tourist places. We would definitely recommend this hotel! Everything was perfect.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Helen W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the gibson hotel on trip advisor; I am delighted you found everything absolutely perfect including the little touches such as the sweets at reception. I am happy also that Stephanie at reception was friendly during your stay with us. I am sure all the staff will join me in thanking you for your review and we all look forward welcoming you back soon.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Loved everything about the Gibson, great staff, good bar and the tram outside took 10mins to get you into the city centre. It runs right up to midnight and a taxi back was only 7 euros. Rooms were spacious and the hotel has a trendy little vibe.

The relaxation area on the 6th floor is lovely and an added to bonus to staying for the weekend. Best cocktails ever and the food we had the hotel was a reasonable price and good quality. Would reccommend this hotel to anyone going to the 02 as its on its doorstep or looking for a great hotel close to the Dublin city centre. Parking was really good value also and there is a lift from the hotel that takes you to the underground carpark.

Will defo be back on my next trip to Dublin would not consider staying anywhere else !!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear julie d,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the gibson hotel on trip advisor; I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular the relaxation area of the hotel. I am also happy that you found our cocktails to be excellent; we are extremely happy to have such a dedicated bar team that have won numerous cocktail competitions.

I hope it is not long before we welcome you back to the hotel soon.

uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The hotel is opposite the O2 arena in Point village and has the Luas (tram) stop right outside. I travelled from Connolly train station (5 short stops) and the tram stop which took me to the hotel was just 2 minutes around the corner.
Across the road is the docks so also very convenient for meeting anyone off ferry/cruise ships which I was. There is also a bus stop outside from where the airlink bus goes every 20 minutes to Dublin airport and journey time to there is only 15 minutes.
If you enjoy walking you can walk into the City centre along either side of the Liffey from the hotel. I crossed the road bridge and walked through the quays to the river and on to Tara St. Dart station to catch the train along the coast to beaches for a day trip.
All in all a quiet and perfect location.
The room was a delight - I was given one of the rooms which could also be used if you had any mobility issues. The bathroom was fully equipped with handrails, shower seat, alarm pull, call button etc.Apparently the hotel has 17 or so such rooms. My room also had a locked connecting door to the next room (10 or so of these in the hotel too) which would also be ideal for families/groups of friends. I took a room overlooking the central 'garden/courtyard'.
The staff throughout the hotel were excellent in efficiency and friendliness .It was very busy when I was checking in and the girl on reception was extremely courteous to everyone. She even called up to my room when the rush was over to see if there was anything else I needed.
I felt comfortable on my own in the large bar/lounge area (which served excellent oriental food) and in the restaurant area ,where a different menu is served and this is also where breakfast is taken (which had anything you would possibly want to eat for breakfast!)
I used the free gym which is well equipped and also received a complimentary newspaper which was waiting outside my room each morning.
I would not look for any other hotel when I go back to Dublin as this was perfect for me. I paid £148 for 2 nights including breakfast which I consider a bargain for the standard of stay I had there.

Room Tip: 6th floor very quiet and where gym and relaxation area is situated. restaurant and lobby is on 3rd f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear UkThewanderer,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience of the gibson hotel on trip advisor; it pleases me to read that you had the most enjoyable stay with us and found the staff to be excellent. I am sure they will all join me in thanking you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

From the moment my sister and I stepped inside the stunning Gibson Hotel, we were astounded at how perfect it was. Everything was super modern, and after several nights in a Georgian townhouse, we felt like we were stepping into a different world. From the spiral staircases, glass elevators, relaxing floral decorations, and colorful art there was no loss of things to ooh and ah over. The rooms were spacious, with comfy beds, a beautiful view (in our case, anyways) and a shower that I could have spent all day in. The staff were friendly, nice, and helpful. We pre-ordered breakfast, as we had to leave early the next day, and didn't want to waste time hunting for a breakfast place. That, too, was delightful. The pastries are sooo delicious. The only negative aspect is the location. It's next to the O2, a concert venue, but a little out of the way from the most popular Dublin attractions, like Temple Bar and Trinity College. However, there's a tram that stops directly in front of the hotel, and for an affordable price, it'll take you to those areas. In any case, the hotel and staff were both lovely enough for me not to care about the location. It could have been completely isolated and I would still have enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Erin S,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience of the gibson hotel on trip advisor, I am delighted that you and your sister enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff to be friendly as well as the hotel being modern and perfect.

We hope it is not long before we are welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Weymouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Ok so we only stayed 2 nights, and we cannot fault this hotel. The rooms were HUGE the reception was HUGE the bar was HUGE the bill.... well about average for this type of place :-)

The staff we amazing, Hazel from the Bar/Restaurant should be called out as being one of the best staff members, having struck up conversations and friendship with my 6 year old, to the point where my daughter was sad to leave without saying good bye. Awesome personal service by Hazel was a huge boost to this review. The girl did good!

The rooms are SILENT - so quiet - and HUGE, the shower had two selectable shower heads, one the size of a dinner plate in the roof and one on a pipe like a normal shower/removable.

The location is still on the edge of town, until the development of the area is complete, but the Luas (The Tram) is RIGHT OUTSIDE as is the bus stop to the airport (Airlink 10euro return) as are several taxis that hand out the side of the hotel. The tram is only about EURO2.00 into Abbey street, the main shopping area - or even a brisk walk if you prefer into town, my 6 year old did it several times so its not too far!

The bar gets a "bit trendy" at night with non-residents which put me off a little, it doesnt feel like a residents bar/restaurant at all - but was still usable :) - Limited menu if you have kids, so you can always go and eat out, like the nandos in town :) :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Phil T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the gibson hotel on trip advisor; I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular the huge rooms. I am delighted also that you found the staff to be amazing, we are delighted to have Hazel as a member of the gibson crew.

I have shared your kind words with all the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manager On Duty

Been to The Gibson Hotel? Share your experiences!