“At least they could have been helpful” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dublin
“At least they could have been helpful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Called there with my mother and sister for coffee. Had a nice table, checked the menu which had a nice variety, and when the waitress arrived, my mother ordered coffee and almond crossant, waitress said 'theres none left', sister asked for coffee and plain croissant, she said 'theres no pastries left' and when I asked for scone and tea, she looked at me as if I had lost my mind and said 'there's no pastries left'' - I dont consider a scone to be a pastry.
Rudeness. She never apologised, didnt offer an alternative, just stood there with her notebook looking at us - so we left.
And went to the shop next door and bought scones, croissants and pastries. Could they not have done that?
Nice assortment of cakes on display, but if you cant get the basics and service is awful, why bother

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

48% Recommend
Dublin, Ireland
“The clue is in the name!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I've been a regular at Andersons for a few years and I was surprised to see the negative reviews it's getting on TA. It's always been one of my favourite places for lunch/coffee in Dublin. Maybe the problem is expectations? Andersons is not really a restaurant - if you're expecting fine dining you're in the wrong place. It calls itself a Foodhall and Café and specialises in doing breakfasts, lunches, coffees and casual dinners - there's great desserts, too. The staff are warm, friendly and charming; the coffee always just right; it's the cleanest café you'll ever be in; it's (extremely) child-friendly; the wine selection is fantastic for a place of its size and great value (where do you get glasses of wine from €5 to €7 in Dublin these days?!) and the sandwiches and pastas are delicious.
One thing for the management to think about:
- They often run out of things like pastries from the menu by the afternoon. A couple of times I've heard staff relay to customers that something isn't available slightly abruptly. Maybe they could do it with a little more grace and apology?
Small gripe in an otherwise fantastic place. Get yourself down there - if it's busy as it often is, take a few breaths and your place in the queue - it's worth it!
AC

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Dont Bother!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I visited Andersons for an evening meal with a friend recently First off the menu is dull and boring, a lot of wraps, panninis etc that really are more suitable to a lunch rather than evening menu.
When I ordered a goats cheese wrap, I was shocked by the measly amount of goats cheese in the wrap (and a sparse wrap at that).For the prices quoted on the menu the food is really not up to scratch.
Further we ordered 2 coffees each over the course of the meal and when the second coffee arrived we had literally only taken a sip out of it when an abrupt and rude man who I assume is either the manager or owner thundered over with the bill(which we did not request)!It was the height of bad manners!
On top of this the coffee is tiny and luke warm and easily drunk in under minute! What I don't like about this restaurant is that I believe they run a regular jazz night where a jazz band play in the restaurant whilst punters eat their meal however they appear to have the nerve to charge paying customers a 10 euro cover charge on the door even though they are having a meal.....I find this greedy and a joke to say the least!They are nicer restaurants around so don't waste your time or hard earned cash!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Never again for coffee”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Second visit in recent weeks for morning coffee and really disappointed. First time no pastries or croissants left by 10am.We shared the one scone that was left. When we complained we were told they had a funeral party so we gave them benefit of the doubt. Called there again today and will not be back.. At 11ish was told on receiving menus at the till quite abruptly no pastries left with only croissants (almond and plain) left. So sat outside and ordered some almond croissants only for the waiter to arrive out to say only plain ones left. Its unbelievable for a restaurant renowned for its food not to have croissants and pastries left at 11am. Surely it cant be that hard to plan supplies given that this is such a popular place. Was a regular vistor so really disappointed but will not be back for coffee.

Visited May 2013
Ireland
“Great Pasta Dishes for Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I visited Anderson's a number of times on Saturday and Sunday afternoons for a quick brunch. Quality of te food on every occasion was excellent with different friends impressed. The "specials" always feature a pasta dish and I really enjoyed the Pasta with chicken in a rich creamy sause with piine nuts etc. Today i tried the pasta dish with smoked salmon and small tomatoes. It was excellent and my friend had the Fish Pie topped with mashed patato which was served with a side salad and brown bread. It was again of excellent standard with a nice rich sause. the desserts also also very good with a fide range to choose from. There is also a wide range of wines and while I did not partake myself there were many ordering wine.If you are on northside of dublin cicy and want a quick bit the eat at reasonable price then try this place. Always busy and small in size, it will not cost much more than a carvery in a pub.

• Visited January 2013