“Good find” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cortina's

Cortina's
Dundrum Town Centre, Dublin, Ireland (South City Centre)
01-216-4668
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Dublin
“Good find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Having eaten in alot of Mexican restaurants in the US this place isnt too shabby. We had the lunch special which was a main side and a drink for €9.95 which we thougth represented good value for money. All of us felt the food was of deent quality and the service was also good all be it because the place was relatively empty at 4pm.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

47% Recommend
“charging for tap water. Need I say anymore!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

charging for tap water.
Need I say anymore?
Staff were hyper and messed up order. But I don't think it's legal to charge customers for tap water.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Carlow
“The food was very disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend ate here about 2 weeks ago. We both ordered burritos, I had the vegetarian burrito. The staff were very nice and friendly but unfortunately the food just was not very good. There was no real taste it was just very bland which is surprising for mexican food. Unfortunately I will not be going back to this restaurant, I feel that it was far too expensive for the food that we received. The food was edible but it was just very disappointing.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
mmeadstrauss
“Terrible food, terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This restaurant's attempt at Mexican cuisine is quite poor, leaving me slightly underwhelmed and disappointed. I ordered the vegetarian tacos with papas fritas on the side, and while the papas fritas were fine (you can't really mess up fried potatoes), the tacos were awful. The corn tortillas tasted cheap and fell apart when I tried to roll them up, leaving me with a plate full of sauteed vegetables and a side of inedible shreds of corn tortilla. Further, their drink menu states that they have a buy one get one free beer/margarita special on Mondays and when my partner asked for the special, the server said that it was invalid due to issues with the suppliers. Fair enough, but as a restaurant you really shouldn't hand customers drinks specials when they aren't valid. On another note, the Diet Coke (2.40 euros) I ordered was anything but Diet Coke, it tasted like a cheap/off-brand version. I certainly won't be returning to this restaurant in the future. If you want authentic Mexican food and much better service I recommend Acapulco in town, or alternatively, Burritos & Blues.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Needs Better Variety & Consistency”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We've been to Cortina's several times over the last year or so, usually before heading to the cinema. When it first opened it was a great addition to the eating options around Dundrum town centre but I can't help but feel they gone a little downhill since. On the upside, the decor and vibe is funky and the serving staff are generally quite good; they have a nice tight menu of classic Mexican dishes served restaurant style and some very tasty cocktails. But on the downside, it can be a little inconsistent; we've gotten the same shared dish (their mixed botanas platter) on a few different occasions and we've had it being great, being just okay and being pretty disappointing. That shouldn't really happen. Also, for more repeat custom they do need to mix it up a bit with their menu. I'm all for keeping it tight and quality but some guest dishes or changing daily specials would have us visiting more often.

• Visited April 2013