“Best fish & chips” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Tyler, TX
“Best fish & chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights in Dublin in May and we ate at Murrays both nights. The Irish stew was very good and the fish & chips were the best we found on our two week trip around the UK. The service was a bit slow but friendly. Although it is located in a busy area, it still had the feel of a neighborhood place. Prices were reasonable and portions large. There was live music both nights beginning at 9:00. Too tired form our day of sightseeing to stay long but from the little we heard - it promised to be an entertaining evening.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback which I will share with the staff. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

If I can be of further assistance to you do not hesitate to contact me ross@thelivingroom.ie

Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
“Yummy fish and chips!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I stopped in at Murray's to get our authentic fish and chip meal and were not let down, it was a great choice! Simple pub but food, service and beer was a great early afternoon dinner. Highly recommend!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham
“A great night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Visited the bar on 2 nights on our trip to Dublin, the first night had a meal. Very large portions, well presented and tasty. Very good entertainment and great bar service

Visited May 2013

San Francisco, California
“Entertaining Evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Get there early because it does fill up, even on a week night. The trad Irish band was really good and performed for a long time. The food was OK, perhaps the best that can be expected (compared to the other 8 or so pubs I was patronized during my visit to Ireland).

Visited May 2013

Norwich, United Kingdom
“A great evening out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed almost next door at the Gresham so decided to drop in for a meal and to see the Friday night traditional Irish entertainment. I had the steak and Guinness pie and Sue had the Irish stew, both of which were delicious, well cooked and presented by the very pleasant staff. The 3-piece band started at 9 o'clock and played a mix of traditional Irish and country-style music until about 10. Very good musicians and generated a lot of audience participation. Then 3 lady dancers with traditional Irish dance, very high standard and enjoyed by all. Then a final half-hour or so of song. A really great evening, very good value food and excellent Guinness. Don't miss it if you're visiting Dublin.

• Visited June 2013