“Just what we were looking for” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Murray's Pub

Murray's Pub
33-34 O'Connell Street, Dublin, Ireland (North City Centre)
+353 1 8722940
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #94 of 1,795 restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: North City Centre
“Just what we were looking for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

When you think of a night out in an Irish pub you immediately think of singing and dancing. This is exactly what we wanted and we were not disappointed! Food was excellent also and one of our dishes was served on a slate tablet which looked superb. We were a couple, seeing all ages of customers. Families with children will have a great time and feel very welcome.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DublinRossm, Owner at Murray's Pub, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Hi 1406mjb,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I`m so glad you have enjoyed your time at Murray's and were looked after by our team.

4. The Long stone - Dublin's only Viking themed bar
5. The Hill - A traditional bar in the suburb of Ranelagh

88% Recommend
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Fantastic... So welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

On my hen weekend to dublin we visited Murrays three times and they couldn't do enough for us! We were a group of 30

The first time we had just arrived in dublin from an early flight, we checked in to our hotel and where understandably hungry from the flight. We found Murrays and although the kitchen was ready to close up until lunchtime they quickly cordoned off an area for us to sit together. The food was lovely and service was quick and friendly.

The following day we returned to Murrays to watch the grand national on their big screens. Their wasn't many places in dublin who would accept a group of thirty on such short notice without booking. Once again they managed to clear an area for us to sit. The atmosphere was fab and again staff where very welcoming. When we left the lady manager (I think her name was Gill) asked if we would like to return that evening for a traditional Irish meal and band. Unfortunately we had already booked in elsewhere but I am sure had we eaten there it would have been much better than the 'traditional' old Irish pub we went to.

Later in the evening we decided to return to Murrays. Once again they couldn't do enough for us! The place was packed, mostly with couples and small groups. As we where such a large group we separated and got seats wherever we could, some sitting outside in the large shared beer garden. Once again Gill managed to get us all seats together next to the stage without disturbing other customers. The band was great and where certainly playing traditional Irish music as well as taking requests. Lots of other places advertise Irish music but often they are not authentic. We stayed in Murrays all night, the staff where very friendly. They let us behind the bar to the jukebox and let us poor a pint of Guinness.

Really lovely bar, and lovely staff.

Thank you for making our weekend in dublin so special!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DublinRossm, Manager at Murray's Pub, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Hi Sarah Black,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I`m so glad you have enjoyed your time at Murray's and were looked after by our team. I will pass on your compliments to Jill and the team.

“Really great pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We came here for drinks initially one night and then having seen the food coming out decided to order. Food was excellent, especially for the price. We had paid similar elsewhere in Dublin for much poorer quality the night before. The waitress on for the night was great, very friendly and attentive. Service was prompt and all the staff were always smiling. Would definitely visit again next time we are in Dublin.

Visited May 2013
DublinRossm, Owner at Murray's Pub, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Hi AlexM,

spain
“good pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

we had a great night here good music, dancing and the price of drinks was not a rip off.They do serve food which we did not try.I would go back again

Visited May 2013
DublinRossm, Owner at Murray's Pub, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Hi,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback which I will share with the staff. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

If I can be of further assistance to you do not hesitate to contact me ross@thelivingroom.ie

Regards, Ross
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Pub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Excellent fish and chips and a fun bartender. Nicely maintained and busy. Right on a corner and close to everything. We loved the brass bar and curved bar area.

DublinRossm, Owner at Murray's Pub, responded to this review, June 15, 2013