“A Fablous Food Trail Morning” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 285 Activities in Dublin
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
Kilkenny
“A Fablous Food Trail Morning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My daughter and I spent a wonderful autumnal Saturday morning on the trail with Eveleen. Although knowing Dublin pretty well our eyes were opened to unusual 'foodie outlets' where we enjoyed lots of tastings of cheese etc., together with the history of the products; this made the whole tour so interesting.
Eveleen made the tour even more interesting by adding a bit of history, connecting it to our culture of food.
We would highly recommend and urge you to go on this food trail.

Visited September 2012

Baile Átha Cliath
“Highly Recommended! - A taste of Dublin culture, landmarks, people...and food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The "Dublin Tasting Trail" is an excellent, and hugely enjoyable way to see Dublin, and to sample its culture and its food. You spend 2.5 hours strolling around the centre of the city, picking up tidbits of trivia on the way, and passing many landmarks not always included on other tours. Dublin might not be renowned as a place of high cuisine, but this will open your eyes to the great Irish food available.
I would add that this is a great trip for tourists and Dubs alike - I'm a local, and have done this twice, and would it again!

Visited August 2012
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

On a short break home from Frankfurt with my 3 month old daughter and husband, this food trail was a great way for all of us to spend a lovely sunny Saturday morning.
Having not lived in Dublin for a number of years, this tour was a real opener as to how many culinary gems we have in the city. We covered it all...from delicious cheeses, interesting beers (even for a German!), tasty meats to home brewed coffee and wonderful pastries and then to top it all off- a whiskey chaser!
Our guide was charming and the historical background she gave, was for us, an added bonus.

Far unlit unknown
10 attraction reviews
“Wonderful tour, well worth the time and cost”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The fabulous Eveleen was our guide for this Saturday morning walking tour of Dublin. Her enthusiasm for the businesses that we visited as well as her knowledge of food, architecture and history made for a delightful and informative few hours. As well, places we visited--including a pub, a cheesemonger, and an upscale grocer, among others--provided delicious tastings and demonstrated a deep interest in and care for food production. An excellent (and delectable) way to see a side of Dublin you might otherwise miss. Great fun and highly recommended.

Visited July 2012
Boston
3 attraction reviews
“Fabulous Food Trails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Hi, I visited Dublin in early May and was able to take advantage of a Saturday walking food tour of wonderful places around Dublin which I never would have found on my own. I loved the pace of the tour and our joyful informative guide, Roisin, who paced our tour perfectly...I especially loved the hidden gem,Cafe Joly, at the National Library..don't miss it!... and 3FE for sublime coffee and yummy food, a little off the beaten path, but so worth the visit!!....Sheridans Cheesemonger was a treasure, do go there, and I wish my husband had been with me for our visit to Probus, wonderful craft beers, we sampled two, and delicious food. All is all, the food tour complete with history lessons and interesting facts and stories along the way, was a PERFECT way to spend a Saturday morning! I highly recommend Roisin and this fun experience !

Visited May 2012