“Special :-)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of IL VICOLETTO

IL VICOLETTO
5 Crow Street, Temple Bar | Beside the Foggy Dew Pub( Back Entrance), Dublin Dublin 2, Ireland (Temple Bar)
+353 1 670 8633
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 1,860 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Temple Bar
Description: For reservations please contact directly the restaurant or else you may email us directly on our email address Please be aware that we don''t take responsibility for third parties reservations ( online websites featuring restaurants) as none of them are employed by us. In order to avoid any confusion or disappointment please contact the restaurant directly . Regards , the management
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Special :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my 1st time here and without a doubt i intend to return. Enjoyed a fantastic meal on a weekend break in this very homely well placed restaurant in the heart of the city, Staff were as everyone else has found very friendly and attentive. The menu was pretty wide ranging to cover most peoples tastes and the food was outstanding. I would normally try and point out something that was not so good about restaurants that i visit, however i have nothing but praise for this wee gem :-)

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
trovatofoodproject, Owner at IL VICOLETTO, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hi Mr David , we're happy to hear that your experience in our restaurant it was a special one. We'd like to assure you , that such compliment is only motivating the whole team of Vicoletto ,we do want to make people happy and contribute to their experience when in Ireland/Dublin and make it memorable. Is exactly what we like to receive when we travel abroad ourselves , so as you know by now we enjoy our work and we consider that focus on customer service and detail is the new form of luxury , and all that as being a homely restaurant (we really liked that remark) and not as a luxurious sophisticated venue.So looking forward to have you with us again soon, very best regards Vicoletto team.

San Francisco, California
“Fantastic! Authentic Italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have enjoyed many meals here...wonderful, personal service where the staff really does care that you enjoy the food. Good wine selection. Vegetarian options are willingly prepared! A total boutique find!

• Visited July 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I are from the States and we were visiting Dublin on holiday. We enjoyed the spicy prawn appetizer, spaghetti with yummy sausage/tomato sauce, cheese ravioli, and amazing chocolate lava cake with gelato. The only annoying thing (no fault of the restaurant) was that we were seated next to a girl (I believe she was a local - the staff seemed to know her) and she had the most obnoxious laugh I've ever heard - I'm a 30-year-old teacher so I'm used to loud noise, bars and clubs, but this was ear-piercing and spontaneously erupting - it definitely took away from the ambiance of this adorable, romantic Italian restaurant - I couldn't even hear my husband! I'm glad she was having the time of her life (I can't imagine what her date was saying that was so hilarious) but I was very glad when she left after our appetizer so that we could enjoy our meal!

Visited July 2013
Dublin
“Comfortable, atmospheric, delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I've been here multiple times over the past year or two and kept intending to post a favourable review, only getting around to it now.

Great spot for special occasions and very cosy and romantic. The waiting staff and friendly and funny, but not intrusive. Usually booked out on busy evenings so it's definitely worth booking ahead to avoid being disappointed.

Fresh ingredients, knowledgeable staff regarding wine choices (I'll admit to being a little ignorant here) and the daily specials (or those I've tried) have all been winners.

Very well-priced too given the location and calibre of the food.

• Visited June 2013
“Steak to die for!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Visited this restaurant recently and was impressed. Fine Italian restaurants are hard to find but this is the real deal. Service was the right balance of helpfulness without being intrusive. Good selection of wines although a bit pricey. Food was excellent value for money with the 10oz ribeye steak being the best I've ever had, really beautifully cooked. I will revisit.

• Visited July 2013