“Warm Hospitality and wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SPECIAL RATES
Ranked #28 of 162 Dublin B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Warm Hospitality and wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at parkway while on our honeymoon. Seamus our host was a great guy. He made us feel at home and when we told him about our plans he helped us with all the details and gave us ideas to make our sightseeing easier and more enjoyable. My wife and I aren't huge into drinking too much so we weren't bothered by being a little way away from the temple bar neighborhood. The B&B was easy walking distance from everything we wanted to see or at least bus stops or dart stops that carried us all around Dublin and into the surrounding areas. Our room was very clean and the service was amazing. On the day of our departure we even got a bite to eat even though it was earlier than their normal breakfast. If you are in Dublin I suggest you see the village of Howth, and thanks to Seamus we discovered Malahide Castle. Everything was memorable and beautiful. Dublin had the friendliest people anywhere in Europe. What a great stay!

Room Tip: If you aren't into stairs try to avoid the fourth floor. On the flipside our room was on the fou...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for three nights from 11-14th October. Location was excellent- close to shops, pubs, generally the town centre and was in walking distance of every attraction we went to (Guinness, Jameson etc). It was clean and the staff were friendly! Breakfast was great- be sure to ask for a full Irish breakfast! The only thing which was a slightly annoying was that the windows were quite thin- i.e. you could hear everything that was going on outside! Don't worry though, it is on a quiet street. However, we were unlucky as two nights we heard people yelling in the street! Overall great place for a short stay if you are visiting Dublin.

Room Tip: If you are worried about possible noise, ask for a room at the back!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I must agree with all who compliment Seamus and his staff. They made our stay (3 in family room)
very enjoyable. Seamus went out of his way to be helpful, from assisting with our luggage to
offering suggestions on where to eat, pubs, etc. Very nice Irish breakfast, Wi-Fi in the front parlor.
O'Connell street just around the corner, so you are conveniently located to the city bus station,
which can take you everywhere. If you're looking for a centrally located B&B, I don't think you will
be disappointed. JimD, Jax,FL

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Duncansville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We spent three nights at the Parkway Guesthouse. Seamus is a gracious host and very helpful. He provided us with insight as to places to eat and visit. On our last morning, we needed transportation to the port. He made arrangements for a very early taxi cab. It was before breakfast so he got up and made sure he had juice ready for us. The room was comfortable for two people. No hairdryer or shampoo. Though, I had packed a small bottle for such a case. Many B&Bs do not provide such things. Breakfast was a traditional Irish breakfast and was very good. We plan to return again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Stowe, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights when we first arrived in Dublin from USA. The place was very clean, great location and attentive to services. Seamus ( the owner ) and his staff was very helpful and one day we wanted to take a tourist break and hang out at a local pub to watch the Irish Football. Seamus suggested his buddy's place down the road and we were treated like kings. Thanks again for the host and looking forward to our next visit in a year or two.

Tom

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Spring Hill, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights during a visit to Dublin. The staff was very helpful the moment we arrived and throughout the 2 days of our visit. The rooms are average, but you don't go to Dublin to stay in your room. Breakfast was great. You are about 5 minutes from O'Connell Street and all the bus stops. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Coleraine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I've stayed here a few times and I always return. The reason is in my title. I visit Dublin once a year, usually in August and I book directly through Parkway Guesthouse's website and this is an easy way to book. I look forward to staying here for my annual getaway. The guesthouse is a 7 minute walk to the city centre spire and another few minutes to The Temple Bar area. The location is perfect. It is a very clean place to stay with a fresh interior all over. My room was all I could ask for. A comfortable bed, a TV, tea/coffee facilities and a fresh and very clean en suite was very welcome after a long trip from Coleraine (155 miles).The shower was great which is a must have for a trip away. I met Seamus, the owner, and as usual he was very welcoming. The young ladies who serve breakfast are courteous and I always get my veggie fry to my liking.
To summarise, anyone looking for a place to kip, chill out and relax, then this is the place to be. I will be staying here again and I recommend this place to everyone. :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Parkway Guesthouse? Share your experiences!