“Stress free way of travelling to Ireland” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #164 of 286 Activities in Dublin
Type: Ferries/ Boats, Gear rentals
More attraction details
Owner description: Irish Ferries, Ireland's Leading Ferry Company. Offering up to 16 daily fast ferry and cruise ferry sailings to Britain & Ireland and France. Also package holidays to Ireland and Britain.
Ballan, Australia
13 attraction reviews
“Stress free way of travelling to Ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I miss-timed my arrival as a walk on passenger at Holyhead and consequently missed the 11:50 sailing to Dublin. But never mind, the assistant at the ferry office, at no additional charge re-booked me onto the slower but far better equipped Ulysses ferry a few hours later, and I'd also paid the small additional surcharge to use the upgraded(kid free) lounge.

This lounge provides at no additional charge, unlimited cream teas, salmon crackers, a range of wines and a whole lot more, as well as lots of sprawling/sleeping/dozing room, free WiFi, and to top it off a lovely sunny afternoon to sail into Dublin.

I loved this opportunity to relax my way to Ireland, and I'll highly recommend it accordingly.
PS, no I don't work for Irish Ferries!

Visited September 2013

Stoke
“Another terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Ferry nearly two hours late meaning a prebooked through rail connection was missed. This meant an overnight stay in Dublin, had to find accommodation myself with absolutely no help offered from Irish Ferries. This despite having a Sail Rail through booking from Crewe to Cork. A really expensive and miserable experience. My mobile was dead and the irish ferries help desk in the terminal wouldn't even allow me the use of a phone.

Visited September 2013
4 attraction reviews
“Avoid using Irish ferries!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Had a pretty average experience from Dublin to holy head using Irish ferries. There were many negatives and these are listed below:
* the way the ferry company just jams your car in and then lifts the ramp is not professional. Feel like they are trying to squash as many cars in and not care if cars scratch each other. I had to climb through passenger seat to get out of my car as they made me park too close to wall!!!
* not enough seats on boat- many passengers left stranded with no seats. Many people had to stand for whole journey and at 196 euro for the experience that is just not good enough.
* food onboard was horrible and overpriced
* we had to sit next to kids area- loud tv which staff should have turned down slightly. Ended up exiting boat with headache.

Overall I would not recommend Irish ferries. You can get better service with stena line!

Visited August 2013
Wiltshire
4 attraction reviews
“When Irish eyes aren't smiling”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have travelled with Irish Ferries for many years even though they are more expensive than their competitors, brand loyalty you could say, this however is about to change.
When we travel to Ireland and need to take our car (at least 5 times per year) we like to think that just to step aboard should feel like being home, this is sadly no longer the case.
The crew (at least all the ones we had dealings with) are all Eastern European, this I don't have a problem with, I do have a problem with their ignorance, rudeness and lack of being able to communicate efficiently in my mother tongue.
Four hours on board ( four and a half if only three engines are running) with not a smile in sight, grumpy and miserable, everywhere you go, the shop, the Restaurant, the bar, doom and gloom all round.
The Isle of Inishmore itself is fine, but I'm sick and tired of feeling as though the staff are doing me a favour by being there, what a poor welcome home!

Visited August 2013
5 attraction reviews
“Top of the morning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I use Irish ferries most years for trips to Dublin, staff always friendly, ships always clean, never had a delay, food on board a little expensive but hey it's only 90mins on the Jonathan Swift..
On previous trip on the swift my wife and 3 kids all got sea sick along with 80% of the other passengers due to rough seas, staff were great still smiling even though they were elbow deep in Sea Pizza!!
I love going on the outside deck and watching the boat Zipping through the sea..

Visited May 2013