“Sweet experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Queen of Tarts

Queen of Tarts
3 - 4 Cow's Lane, Dublin, Ireland (South City Centre)
01 633 4681
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 1,820 Restaurants in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: South City Centre
“Sweet experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

The best desert place in Dublin! Everything is really good and tasty! Helpful and super friendly service)))

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“A slice of cake...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Being a keen baker, I was rather amadent that I visit Queen of Tarts on my visit to Dublin with my husband. The shop itself is lovely, the perfect little tea room with (what looked like) a fabulous vintage fridge displaying all the cakes they had to offer. My hubby went for a Victoria sponge and I opted for the carrot cake. I thoroughly enjoyed my slice, however my hubby's cake was rather bland and was somewhat disappointed!! The cream was tasteless and the cake itself didn't have much flavour either. For €4.95 I was expecting any cake we picked to be amazing.

Overall, it was an okay experience but I wouldn't be back in too much of a hurry.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Heaven on earth!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

This place is fantastic! Everything I've had there has been delicious - I recommend the chocolate pecan tart! There is a smaller one on Dame Street, but if it's crowded just go around the corner to the larger shop on Cows Lane.

Dublin, Ireland
“DAINTY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I read some great reviews of this place, and was finally able to visit after weeks of hearing about it.

It was a revelation, I started of with a brilliant scone, followed by a tarte of potatoes, onion, cheese and rosemary.

This was brought to me with salad, home made chutney and cheese bread.

Everything was as delicious as it sounds. Because I was full after all of this, I was not able to taste any of the good looking cakes that were on display.
Therefore I decided to bring some home for later on and they were as delicious. For all of this and for the nice atmosphere in the place, I would strongly recommend this place if you are looking for a light lunch or an afternoon coffee break.

• Visited March 2012
Florence, Italy
“Great cakes, nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I spent 4 days in Dublin and eat 3 times at the Queen of Tarts! The cakes are fantastic, you should try the scones and the peacan-chocolate cake. The soups are also good for lunch.

• Visited November 2012