“This is a night not to miss when visiting Dublin.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience an enchanting evening of Irish folklore,storytelling and music while enjoying a candlelit traditional Irish dinner in Dublin's oldest Pub, The Brazen Head. Sit back , relax and let our renowned storytellers take you into a world of the imagination with wonderful insights and magical tales of Irish life in times past.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Bermagui, Australia
“This is a night not to miss when visiting Dublin.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

This is a really great night for all ages. We are a family of seven, spanning three generations and the storytelling kept everyone entertained, even the grandchildren sat mesmerised. The food, a very generous three course meal was scrumptious. A great night not to be missed when visiting Dublin.
Patricia Whitty

• Greek first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Of fairies and folklore: a magical evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I clearly remember reading Enid Blyton during my childhood days. The elfs, the nyphs, the goblins and the fairies had quite fascinated me then. As I grew up, over the time I lost touch with all that. Here, I lived my childhood moments among fine wine and food. I had heard a lot of folklore and old tales and even read about this side of Ireland but it was one great experience when I experienced it first hand. This was a really great experience, one I will never ever forget.

Visited January 2013
Humboldt, Tennessee
“Great evening for all ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I went to this event with my mother (66) and my two sons (8 and 9). The evening was delightful. Very entertaining and interactive, but they don't put you on the spot, either. The time passed quickly, with a very good use of stories, music, food, and drink, so that you don't get bored or impatient. The stories were riveting, and the storyteller was so animated, she really set your imagination off! The food was great, too, and the Guinness was perfect! They were accommodating to the children, but not overly so, keeping the adults involved as well. Appropriate for all ages! I would definitely recommend this experience to anyone visiting Dublin!

Arlington, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“A fun and educational evening in Dublin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

The food was quite good. The storyteller and the musicians were delightful. It was both entertaining and educational. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

Visited November 2013
Halden, Norway
“Irish storytelling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We spent a very interesting and pleasant evening, with good food, wonderful traditional music and great entertainment. Helena Byrne is great at telling stories AND singing! Highly recommended!