“In and out” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“In and out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Starting to become a regular here. Great food at an even greater price. For business people like me it is a great place to entertain if you need quick but unhurried service in a high quality ambient environment. Great value and high standards.

Visited March 2013

dublin
“Expensive but excellent food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I like the Concert Hall as a venue. Cafe is quiet. Had the Lunch Plate of soup and a BLT sandwich which came with a small side of nicely cooked chips. Bottle of water included. 13 euro. Not exactly cheap but very tasty. Recommended.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Wonderful fish pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Myself and my pal were attending the Connie French tribute nite last nite and decided to dine in the Terrace Cafe...We had not made reservations but we were there at 6pm and the concert didn't start till 8pm so we had no problem getting a table we were brought to the back of the restaurant maybe the seats at the front were reserved...We were served by a very pretty waitress from Argentina I ordered the Cesar salad to start which was a nice portion with great crunchy lettuce my friend didn't have a starter..we had two glasses of Cabernet Savignon which were tastie...then main course I had the fish pie which was great nice mashed potato and the pie was piping hot...my friend had the salmon and he said it was amazing great presentation we decided to have a red wine with dinner and the waitress recommended the Argentinian red which was good too...we then had two very good coffees's and it was time to leave for the concert....the only gripe I would have is that they brought out an extra mashed potato even though my friends dish had potato under the Salmon so we promptly sent it back...I hope my pal was not charged for it....and then when the dishes arrived the waitress that brought them out didn't know who's dish was for who just a tip it's nice when the waitress has taken the time to know this....
All in all a good experience...

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We booked a table for dinner before a concert. The restaurant is quite small so I would definitely suggest booking.

We chose two courses from the pre-theatre menu. Both courses were more then adequete in terms of portion size and lovely. Service was prompt and food was served within a short time. Staff were friendly and helpful and coped well during a busy time.

We also ordered interval drinks and cheese board through our waitress. The drinks and cheese were waiting for us as promised in the bar area and meant we missed waiting at the bar.

Dublin, Ireland
“Good value, tasty and a lovely start to an evening's music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

The Terrace Cafe Restaurant at the National Concert Hall consists of two very pleasant rooms with elegant windows and high ceilings. The place was packed when we had a pre-concert dinner, but service was generally very good and staff managed to seem unfussed. We each had a main course and dessert: slow-cooked belly of pork for my partner, which he found tasty but a bit dry; and I had salmon fricassee of potato, bacon and baby sprouts, which I enjoyed. We had delicious creme brulée for dessert, plus tea/coffee, and a glass of wine was included in the price of €27.50, which is pretty fair for Dublin. Good atmosphere too, lively and cheerful but no feeling of being crowded out.

• Visited January 2012