“home from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ferryview Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dublin
Ferryview Guesthouse
You added Ferryview Guesthouse to your Saves list
96 Clontarf Road | Clontarf, Dublin 3, Ireland   |
Ranked #104 of 162 Dublin B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“home from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I recently stayed in this guesthouse and can say only nice things about it.Great location on the clontarf road with nice view.10 minutes from city centre by car,buses every 10 to 15mins(bus stop outside guesthouse).The owner and staff are very friendly and accomadating,always around and eager to make your stay as pleasant as possible.The rooms are all ensuite,with tea/coffee making facilities,tv and power showers.The rooms and beds are very clean and comfortable.wifi available in lounge.I have stayed in several b&bs in dublin and this was the best one i have stayed in.I would recomend this guesthouse to anyone.Ideal for families,couples,short business trips and sport events.Reasonably priced compared to what you would pay in a city centre b&b,but the service and hospitality in ferryview is miles ahead.A very homely feel about it,have to rate it 5/5-excellent.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I attend a course once a month in Dublin and have stayed at the Ferry View each time for 1 night. I have found it to be excellent - warm, friendly, comfortable and clean.

Margaret, the owner was very helpful and helpful.

Will most definately stay at Ferry view in the future and have no hesitation in recommending it to you.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I was on a three weeks promo tour for my single, and this was the 2nd place to stay in Dublin. The owner was so nice to us while we was there. The service was great, nice clean rooms, and the view of the river across the street was a plus for us as well. I love the fact that the owner make you feel at home. This is a great place to stay and i will be going back while I'm on tour in May, 2012.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Pietrasanta, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

The area is quiet. The view is most fascinating. You can either walk into the centre or get there in 5 mins by bus. The bus stops just in front of the house. The Staff is composed by two very polite and helpful German girls. The house is clean and the breakfast is very good. The room where I slept in was very quiet at night. The owner of the place is also very nice and helpful. So, what else would one expect?

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I stayed in the Ferryview for three nights in November.Its a clean,warm and friendly B+B.Great location with safe parking as its in a good neighbourhood.The staff are amazingly hospitable and accomadating,no request is a problem.The two ladies working there deserve special thanks Rike and Cavo,thanks you both for making my stay feel like home to home!I would reccomend this B+B and stay again and in less than 10mins drive and you are in city centre.Thankyou again ladies!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Scheveningen, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I stayed here as I was attending an event in Clontarf Village and Castle. I found the property easily, my room was ready for my arrival; free parking and internet were available. I was greeted by two young German ladies - who worked there. They were courteous, knowledgeable, (I hadn't spent time in Dublin in over 20 years), and available to provide current local information. They gave advice on getting into the centre of town - that was both functional and accurate. My one negative comment would be the shower could do with being updated - but it worked and there was hot water available when I needed it during irregular hours.

I took a taxi out to Clontarf after my evening out in Dublin - and while it turned out to be very handy that I had my portable GPS in my pocket, (ergo I was able to persuade my Chauffeur that going up around the green wasn't a good idea) - the taxi ride wasn't too expensive.

Room Tip: I asked for a non-smoking (entire property is non-smoking) room away from the road - it was provided...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Olympia, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

We stayed our last night in Dublin at Ferryview. We arrived prior to usual checkin time but were accomodated immediately. The owner was warm, friendly, and very helpful. She gave us suggestions of how to spend our last afternoon (Howarth via public transport, which was within walking distance - an excellent suggestion!). When she learned we would be leaving on an early morning ferry the next day, she arranged a taxi to pick us up. When that ferry was canceled due to weather and we were rebooked on a yet earlier ferry, we placed a quick call to her and she rearranged our pickup time. She also provided us access to the kitchen in the morning where she had laid out a cold breakfast for us as we were leaving before the usual breakfast time. All in all, she could not have been more helpful. Our room was bright and spotlessly clean. It was tucked into the back of the house and was very quiet. The location of the B&B was convenient to public transport and was within walking distance to shops and pubs. And it has a great view of the bay, an added bonus. We were very pleased with our stay here and, should we return to Dublin, would plan to stay here!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Ferryview Guesthouse? Share your experiences!