“wonderful time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #106 of 163 Dublin B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“wonderful time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I was on a three weeks promo tour for my single, and this was the 2nd place to stay in Dublin. The owner was so nice to us while we was there. The service was great, nice clean rooms, and the view of the river across the street was a plus for us as well. I love the fact that the owner make you feel at home. This is a great place to stay and i will be going back while I'm on tour in May, 2012.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pietrasanta, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

The area is quiet. The view is most fascinating. You can either walk into the centre or get there in 5 mins by bus. The bus stops just in front of the house. The Staff is composed by two very polite and helpful German girls. The house is clean and the breakfast is very good. The room where I slept in was very quiet at night. The owner of the place is also very nice and helpful. So, what else would one expect?

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I stayed in the Ferryview for three nights in November.Its a clean,warm and friendly B+B.Great location with safe parking as its in a good neighbourhood.The staff are amazingly hospitable and accomadating,no request is a problem.The two ladies working there deserve special thanks Rike and Cavo,thanks you both for making my stay feel like home to home!I would reccomend this B+B and stay again and in less than 10mins drive and you are in city centre.Thankyou again ladies!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Scheveningen, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I stayed here as I was attending an event in Clontarf Village and Castle. I found the property easily, my room was ready for my arrival; free parking and internet were available. I was greeted by two young German ladies - who worked there. They were courteous, knowledgeable, (I hadn't spent time in Dublin in over 20 years), and available to provide current local information. They gave advice on getting into the centre of town - that was both functional and accurate. My one negative comment would be the shower could do with being updated - but it worked and there was hot water available when I needed it during irregular hours.

I took a taxi out to Clontarf after my evening out in Dublin - and while it turned out to be very handy that I had my portable GPS in my pocket, (ergo I was able to persuade my Chauffeur that going up around the green wasn't a good idea) - the taxi ride wasn't too expensive.

Room Tip: I asked for a non-smoking (entire property is non-smoking) room away from the road - it was provided...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Olympia, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

We stayed our last night in Dublin at Ferryview. We arrived prior to usual checkin time but were accomodated immediately. The owner was warm, friendly, and very helpful. She gave us suggestions of how to spend our last afternoon (Howarth via public transport, which was within walking distance - an excellent suggestion!). When she learned we would be leaving on an early morning ferry the next day, she arranged a taxi to pick us up. When that ferry was canceled due to weather and we were rebooked on a yet earlier ferry, we placed a quick call to her and she rearranged our pickup time. She also provided us access to the kitchen in the morning where she had laid out a cold breakfast for us as we were leaving before the usual breakfast time. All in all, she could not have been more helpful. Our room was bright and spotlessly clean. It was tucked into the back of the house and was very quiet. The location of the B&B was convenient to public transport and was within walking distance to shops and pubs. And it has a great view of the bay, an added bonus. We were very pleased with our stay here and, should we return to Dublin, would plan to stay here!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We visited this guest house for just one night on route to another destination. We were looked after by Carolin and Frederike during our brief stay and only have nice things to say about the place. Although the decor was a bit dated, it was clean throughout, the rooms were perfectly fine and the beds very comfortable.

They have a visitors lounge which you can relax in - we came back from a long day out in the city and found it quite nice to relax with a bottle of red wine we brought with us.

There is a bus stop on the opposite side of the road that takes you into Dublin centre (would be a very good walk otherwise). Make sure you have the right change though because you WILL NOT GET change from a banknote - we got a credit slip telling us where we could go to get our change! This is common practice and it's better to be prepared with change.

They serve hot Irish breakfasts or cold breakfast (cereals, fresh fruit and toast). We were very entertained by Carolin and Frederike during our breakfast and they made our stay memorable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

A nice B&B, comfortable room, clean. The owners were very friendly and gave us a lot of tips of things to do and see. It was easy getting the bus to town center. I would stay here again, any time :)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Ferryview Guesthouse? Share your experiences!