“1014 gala dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“1014 gala dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Visited this restaurant for the 1014 gala dinner with another couple and we all had an amazing evening from the minute we entered the premises the welcome we received from staff and where taken immediately to our table we had booked earlier in the week .It was a set menu of 3 courses and was just wonderful the house wine was reasonably priced also overall this is a great please to eat friendly staff amazing food and a very good atmosphere well worth a visit .

Dublin
“Distinctly average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

This was my third time to eat here and only came back because my husband got a voucher.

The restaurant is furnished more like a cafe. It's sparse and cheap. The service is as average as the food.

I'm not likely to return.

“Lovely breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Had breakfast here last Friday. We both had the breakfast blaa which was absolutely gorgeous. I would go back and have it again anytime. The waitress was very friendly and chatty and the view is great. This place would be perfect if it just had a bit more parking nearby.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Heard good things but got nothing but bad service and dry food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I was recommended this restaurant by a friend of mine and so i decided to book it last night. I went with my girlfriend who is a vegetarian. When i rang to book the dinner i asked about vegetarian options and they said we have plenty. So we arrived at 7pm and got our menus after sitting down for about 10 minutes. There was only 1 option for starters and main course for the vegetarian option. So left with no choice she ordered the mushrooms and risotto cake. I got the liver and burger. There was only 2 other tables full in the restaurant with about 8 people in total us making it 10. We then had to wait a further 10 minutes before we got our wine. So time passed another 20 minutes had gone waiting for our starter then it arrives. It was good the liver was nice and so was the mushroom dish. Only argument would be 8e for what seemed to be a cup of mushrooms. So then our plates where taking away as i was literally still chewing on my food ''good'' service oh also in the middle of eating the waitress would come over lean over my plate to fill up my glass of water, which i felt was kind of rude didn't even ask if we wanted a top up. Anyway 30 minutes passes we get our main. The risotto cakes looks average the burger and chips looks good so i dig into my burger and it's dry as a bone. so i mention this to the waitress and her response was ' That's how it's served' if I'm getting a burger i want it nice and juicy not dry and tasting of turmeric. Being honest we could of made better food at home and not have gone out to enjoy a meal and spend 50euro (which we have not done in some time)
So after the meal trying to get the waitresses attention to get the bill no response for 5 minutes so i get up and go to the till and she said she would be with me i asked for the bill. 5 minutes later she comes to the table and asks how can she help us. To which i responded i asked for the bill when iw as at the till, no problem sir i will get that for you now. Another 5 minutes passes we eventually get it. I had my card in my hand ready to give to her and she dumps the bill on the table and walks off. So we wait eventually she comes over i give her the card she gets the machine and we're off. Will not be going back again. Would not recommend for anyone. Sorry i'm sure people have had good experiences here before and it would not have received good reviews but it is how it is.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Surprised how quiet it was”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We have eaten here many times and it was always busy but the last time was the Saturday of the Bank Holiday Weekend. The place was almost empty and when we queried this we were told that this was always the case on a Bank Holiday, Sunday and Monday were to be busier. It probably worked to our advantage in that we were served really quickly and had our pick of tables. The food and presentation was very good. We drank house wines which were fine and good value too. The menu could probably reflect the seaside location better by offering a wider choice of seafood but we will definitely be back

• Visited March 2014