“I'll be back for sure!” 5 of 5 stars

Times Hostels - Camden Place
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   8-9 Camden Place, Dublin 2, Ireland   |
Ranked #21 of 89 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Howey in the Hills, Florida
“I'll be back for sure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a wonderful stay! My four-bed, female, en suite room was very clean, comfortable, and a great value. The staff were very nice and very helpful. The atmosphere was welcoming and fun with group events planned almost every night of the week. I was able to store my luggage, both before check-in and after check-out, for no cost; perfect to let me fully enjoy the city without having to tote around my backpack! The location is good in relation to the major sites/must dos, but also situated within a funky area filled with locals. There were a few great, local bars and a grocery store close by. I really liked that the hostel does not face a major road, but rather is only a few steps down a side street; noise, whether from other guests or outside, was never a problem. As a solo female traveler, personal safely is very important to me; Times-Camden and the surrounding area exceeded my expectations. I NEVER felt unsafe. (Side note: My room provided a tall locker for each bed, but there was no way to lock them. I was never afraid that someone would mess with my stuff, so it wasn't a big issue for me. Maybe just to be on the safe side, bring along little luggage locks to secure your backpack/suitcase.) A friend suggested this hostel and I will definitely pass on the recommendation! Next time I'm in Dublin, I will most certainly stay here again!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the beginning we were made to feel comfortable and welcome. Staff were friendly and happy to answer any queries that we had. It was good value for money and for €3 extra you could have breakfast including tea, coffee, hot chocolate, toast, cereals, fruit, cold meats etc. Free tea and coffee is available 24/7. We had free cheese and wine on Tuesdays and a free dinner on Wednesday, which was wonderful.

Great location- near bus stops, taxis and the city centre by about a 10/15 minute walk. 20 mins from the airport by taxi.

Our room was ideal for 4 people. It was warm and comfortable and had a shower room and toilet which were spotless. Noise levels were low.

As it was our first time staying at a hostel, we were a little apprehensive as we have heard a lot of bad stories from people who have stayed at other hostels. However, this place was brilliant and any worries we had disappeared. There is a really welcoming, homely atmosphere with excellent cleanliness, good food and kind staff. I would highly recommend and we will definitely be staying here again. We really miss this place!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

The Times Hostel was everything I expected it to be--an extremely accommodating hostel. The staff was incredibly friendly (they let me store my luggage hours before check in and after check out at no cost), they have free hostel events organized Monday through Thursday (ranging from wine and cheese to free ice cream to pub crawls), and always have someone at the hostel, at the reception desk. It was a bit expensive, but given there was a huge summit in town at the time and I booked pretty much last-minute, I would attribute most of the cost to that. The bath facilities are pretty nice (we had a bathroom for our 4-person room). There is also free wifi, although at times it doesn't extend all the way to the bedrooms, but not a problem for the large lounge or the rest of the hostel. Some other reviews of this place said it was loud at night because of nightclubs, but I didn't hear any noise late at night. The only reason I am not giving this 5 stars is because the bedroom I was in was not the cleanest, mainly because of one person in my room who smelled atrocious, was loud, and was rude, but nevertheless, the management could have told him to keep his stuff cleaner. Without a doubt, I would definitely stay here again, so long as the unhygienic roommate is gone!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

The Times was my home for a month, so I think that that sums up my experience there. It is a hostel that promotes integration among the people that is staying there by having activities each day of the week (free ice cream on Mondays, cheese & wine on Tuesdays, etc). Breakfast was abundant. Staff is nice and interact constantely with the guests so it becames a friendly enviorment. The hostel is clean in general, and rooms big enough. Location is good, walking distance from the main shopping area and one of the most important parks and close to supermarkets and bars. The bad things: there are some rooms in which the wifi doesn't work properly and as it is sourranded by so many bars and clubs it can be a little bit loud.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Ankaran, Slovenia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

We booked a double room ensuite, the room was clean but very basic. No table, no chair , no wardrobe....We didn't booked a 5 star hotel, but at least somenthing more could be in the room. The staff was very friendly and helpfull, the only positive thing there.
Location of the hostel is ok, as it is near to Temple Bar and not far from many attractions.During the night it's very loud from the street as there is a club near the hostel. We couldn't sleep at all. I don't blame the hostel for the noise, I just see it right to mention that too..

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

Friendly staff, clean rooms. Kitchen was not clean at all
But worst of all: the rooms are small so you need to sleep with open windows if you don't want to suffocate. But the student-bar around the corner plays loud music all night!
Without earplugs it's impossible to sleep before 0400.. Every single day of the week.
Please.. Don't go here

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Mandurah, Western Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

the staff at this hostel were so helpful and friendly. especially the two guys who work in reception.
wifi is really good and everything is very clean such as rooms and kitchen. free hot chocolate coffee and tea which was such a good bonus! plus a shuttle from the hostel goes to the airport and very good area to stay in. walking distance to everything and awesome trendy bars and restaurants around.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Times Hostels - Camden Place? Share your experiences!