“Great little slice of the Lebanon” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Great little slice of the Lebanon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I went here with my girlfriend on a whim while we were out having a couple of drinks in The Barge further down the canal. We sat outside as the weather was nice and it had a real cafe vibe with others among the 6 or so tables outside smoking shisha pipes. Before we ate we notice that there were a couple of tables of middle eastern folk - always a good sign when eating in a middle eastern restaurant!

We noticed when we sat down that written on a little sign was "Free Corkage on your first bottle of wine", happy days! so my girlfriend ran a little ways up the road to the nearby Centra on the directions of the waiter and picked up us a bottle of vino. We only saw the inside if we had to use the facilities and what we saw was a really nice decor, hustle and bustle atmosphere and mood setting arab music.

The food was excellent. To start we had my girlfriend had the falafel which was really good and I had the chicken strips with Mustard. Its my own fault for picking the strips as I felt a little hard done by as they were more Chinese crispy chicken than Lebanese style and there was more on the menu to choose from and I will get something else next time. Having said that they were still nice by all accounts. For mains we decided to split the lamb kofta which was very nice and the Fattat Dajaj which as delicious. Simply lebanese rice with layered garlic yogurt, cashews, tahini and chicken. Really very good and I even looked up a recipe when I got home. We'll be back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Arabic first
Cork, Ireland
“Fantastic, but pricy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a taste that you will never forget, try this restaurant. I was looking for Halal food late night in Dublin and I googled it and was lucky to be near Rotana. Guys are accommodating and helpful and the place is excellent, although pricy for regular dining but you can treat yourself and friends with a dinner here.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Excellently located restaurant, with extremely polite staff and scrumptious food! I went here for dinner, and really enjoyed it. We went here on a Friday.The restaurant was not extremely busy as we came very early for dinner. It was completely relaxing. I had the chicken strips to start and the Shish Taouk for main course. Have no complaints about either, they were filling, and we definitely left with happy faces!

The only minor detail about eh restaurant was the bathrooms. I would suggest to bring your coat with you, as they were quite cold when we visited. Having said that, I would have no hesitation in coming back again. Beautiful food, and great staff and service, definitely worth it!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“a lovely find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Before xmas 2012 I had a lunch at this little un-assuming restaurant, it was the best falafel sandwich I have ever tasted so I decided an evening meal is definitely worth a try so I booked a meal for two on Valentines night.
The food was really delicious.
The staff were very helpful and gracious.
It's also very good value and it's BYOB.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
dublin, ireland
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The BYO option is great & we had high expectations of this place based on other reviews. I have frequented a lot of Lebanese restaurants & to be honest this place did not deliver. The starter mezze was grand but nothing special. The main course of a mixed meat platter was served cold & very dry. The service on the night was not great & we had to search for a member of staff to report our issue. Unsurprisingly we got our food back within 5mins (clearly microwaved!!) & was told by the waiter that the reason our food was cold was due to the "salad & yoghurt" on the same dish - totally ridiculous & basically insulting our intelligence to a degree. Its such a shame but I would never return to this place & would not recommend it either.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere