“Every town should have one!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dax Restaurant

Dax Restaurant
23 Pembroke Street Upper | Dublin 2, Dublin 2, Ireland (South City Centre)
+353 1 676 1494
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 1,830 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: French, European, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Awarded "Best Restaurant in Dublin" in the Irish Restaurant Awards 2014. Located just off Fitzwilliam Square in the heart of Georgian Dublin, the award winning Dax Restaurant is one of Ireland's premier places to dine. The Dax menu uses only the freshest seasonal Irish and continental produce. Our commitment to healthy fine dining is experienced in an informal and relaxed atmosphere. Dax is the perfect location for social or business dining.
scotland
“Every town should have one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our hotel concierge recommended a few nearby restaurants, so we did a little recce, to read the menus and have a quick look at the places and from them we chose Dax. So glad we did, as we had a lovely evening there. Décor is warm and inviting but unfussy. Staff excellent - friendly, helpful and efficient. The winelist is extensive. Clearly compiled by someone with a passion for wine. Prices are not at all greedy. The food was terrific! We regularly eat in Michelin starred restaurants and why this place does not have a Michelin star baffles me, as it was entirely deserving of one. The menu had several dishes at each course that sounded so enticing it was hard to choose, but eventually we did. A standout gazpacho with basil foam and prosciutto bonbon, as an amuse bouche, set the tone and it carried on, in style, until the stunning poached rhubarb and rose yogurt millefeuille dessert. Outstanding! All in all, we enjoyed very fair prices, welcoming staff and delicious food and wines. What's not to like about that? I would not hesitate to recommend this place and I'd love to go back again. If only every town had a restaurant like this.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Absolutely Divine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I both ordered from the 3 course table d'hôte menu at €35 per person and both agreed that the food was fantastic. Very well presented, perfectly seasoned and generously portioned. A special mention must be made for the dark chocolate brownie with pistachio ice cream... dessert heaven!!! They also sell wines by the glass which is always appreciated. The service was friendly, attentive and unobtrusive and we were made to feel very welcome. The interior décor is smart and spotless. We will definitely be returning to sample the 7-course tasting menu at some time in the future. Many thanks for a wonderful meal :-)

Visited June 2013
“Nothing spectacular but great customer service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Just back from dax. I loved my food, my husband was not as impressed but we both loved our very professional and polite potuguese waiter David. Highest level of customer care well done!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Probably the Best food in Dublin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We head a wonderful time at DEX restaurant. We went to for a birthday dinner. The staff was lovely, the food tested great and the dessert came with a candle and "happy birthday" written on the plate (very nice effort).

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“sorry I did not injoy ..would not be good if you did not have a lot of money out of place and was not happy ..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Not for me.you are in Ireland and there is not a lot of money make it that everyone can eat not just who you think is go to eat there.sorry but you ask .ok wine is good but you need a lot of money so no I would not go back I was made to fell like I was not good for the place and I am chef a long time and had good food and wine all over dublin city .i was there in 2010 and 2012 and will not be back in 2013 .

• Visited December 2012