“Still savouring the taste of an amazing meal!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Koh Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge

Koh Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge
6/7 Jervis Street | Millennium Walkway, Dublin, Ireland (North City Centre)
353 1 814 6777
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #114 of 1,884 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: North City Centre
Description: Koh is situated in the heart of Dublin City Centre.It is located on the fashionable Millennium Walkway, which is a pedestrianised street running from the river Liffey to the Jervis street Luas stop. The Millennium footbridge over the river Liffey feeds into the popular area known also as the Italian Quarter on the north bank. At the northern end of the walkway is stylish Koh, near the Jervis Street Luas stop.Our philosophy is to offer reasonably priced, quality original and traditional asian dishes using as many local ingredients as possible.
Dublin, Ireland
“Still savouring the taste of an amazing meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was initially drawn to Koh because of their amazing cocktails (really, the Flirtini is a must-try), but then one evening I ventured into the restaurant for some food.

One word - WOW.

I was with a large group and so we decided to order a varied selection to share. I was blown away by every dish and was really impressed with the care and knowledge of the waiter. They had some unusual and quirky dishes and he effortlessly explained in detail why each ingredient had been chosen and the part it played in the overall taste experience.

It was so enjoyable that I made another reservation on the way out!

In summary, everything about this place is original, cool and quite simply, delectable

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great daytime menu.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Delightful surprise, just eaten here, quality food, desserts and staff. Great chilled atmosphere. Quality choices with discounted menu. Go here.

Dublin, Ireland
“Consistently good food and a nice selection of wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

One of the things that stands to Koh is their food which on all occasions I have eaten there has been good and it is a usual reliable when I want to meet a friend after work for a bite to eat. One thing they could improve on is their staff and service in general. I think because it can get so busy they can sometimes lack the ability to cater to everyone. One time when here with a voucher myself and my boyfriend had food come out far to fast and I felt they wanted us in and out as soon as possible. Another time with a friend they forgot our mains and we were left waiting for almost an hour which is honestly just unacceptable, I understand it was Christmas time so they were busy but we were never really apologised to or given any compensation for our immense wait. My last experience with two friends was enjoyable, food was tasty and service was fine. I like this place but they could brush up their service skills a little bit. The front lounge is nice for a drink if not over run by a loud birthday party and they offer a nice selection of wines and cocktails. This is more of an old reliable than somewhere special but they do offer a nice menu and tasty food.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bowmore
“Yummy Thai food and tasty cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

My first experience of Thai cuisine and I will gladly go back for more. I enjoyed my scallop starter and unusual lime chicken thing with poached egg for main. Very nice. The cocktails are great too and can thoroughly recommend their kilbeggan house special infused with orange served over ice with maple syrup. Was busy with a nice buzzy atmosphere but maybe that was the kilbeggan!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ireland
“Classy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I went here with one of my girlfriends to kick start a girly night out in Dublin. From the off, we received great attention from the staff. I don't know a lot about Thai food but I thought the menu was a great a there was a wide selection for all tastes. We only had a main course each and a bottle of wine between us and it worked out quite reasonable. We didn't sample any of the cocktails on offer but I have heard positive things about them. The decor is very rich and, although quite dark inside, is very intimate. An ideal spot for a date night! Will be back :)

• Visited December 2012