“Badly organised” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Koh Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge

Koh Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge
6/7 Jervis Street | Millennium Walkway, Dublin, Ireland (North City Centre)
353 1 814 6777
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #109 of 1,891 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: North City Centre
Description: Koh is situated in the heart of Dublin City Centre.It is located on the fashionable Millennium Walkway, which is a pedestrianised street running from the river Liffey to the Jervis street Luas stop. The Millennium footbridge over the river Liffey feeds into the popular area known also as the Italian Quarter on the north bank. At the northern end of the walkway is stylish Koh, near the Jervis Street Luas stop.Our philosophy is to offer reasonably priced, quality original and traditional asian dishes using as many local ingredients as possible.
“Badly organised”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011 via mobile

I have been to Koh twice for different occasions & found the service, food& drinks excellent thence I reserved an area for my 30th birthday yesterday. It was booked 4 weeks inadvance and I had a clear conversation about the availability of individual tapas for my guests. Upon arrival I was asked three times about platters of food for people. On the fourth time it was revealed that individual tapas were not available at weekends and my guests must pay per head for food they may not want nor have a choice in ordering... I think, because no one including the manager seemed to be able to tell us exactly what and how much these platters entailed of. This may seem trivial except it was the backdrop to a generally badly run service with one couple in the party waiting one hour& fifteen minutes for a main course, tabs being set despite three requests not to do so, an average wait of twenty five minutes for a drink, orders and change forgotten and people continually ignored. Maybe I would have been placated if the manager had been in some way pleasant but he was not. Most of my guests went home early out of frustration and not one person out of group of twenty five people will return to Koh.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Underwhelming”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

We heard about this restaurant on this forum as opposed to friends so we decided to go there as it was recommended so highly. On entering we were met with a frosty reception. The head waiter saw two people and solely stated - table for two, I need it back by 8 -before leading us to our table without another word. I was astonished as I have never had this experience dining in Dublin before. The restaurant had perhaps 20 people there max so this curt manner was not due to a stressful 6.30 sitting. We both agreed not to let it cloud our judgement as perhaps he was having an 'off day'. We met with 7 different staff during our meal leading to a somewhat uneven dining experience, with two mix ups of orders and a lack of knowledge about the offers. Lack of air conditioning on a seldom seen sunny day in Dublin led to an overly warm room. We both had a set menu for €25 for 3 courses plus beer or wine. The starter and main courses were tasty and both were decent portions however my dessert was overly sweet and not to my taste. I've had food that is just as good in other locations without the feeling that we were in the middle of a non existent rush hour. I would always give a restaurant a second chance as one never knows what is going on behind the scenes, however surprisingly my partner said a straight out no to returning, as he felt we have had far better experiences in other restaurants for the same price.

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London
“Excellent service and stunning food..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I visited Koh on Saturday 25th June with my partner for lunch. We were greeted by an extremely helpful and friendly gentleman and brought to our table in the restaurant. We ordered three light snacks to start between the two of us... each one as good as the next. the ribs were the best I have ever tasted, prawns were perfect and the chicken satay skewers were delicious. Little did we know how generous the portions are... we had ordered Pad Thai for our main course. Again, another gorgeous dish. I have tried many thai restaurants but nothing compares to this!! Will definitely be back with the girls to try the Cocktail Masterclass!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

I've been visiting this restaurant, mainly for lunch, for the last couple of years and it never disappoints. The service is excellent, the food is delicious and the pricing is very good (lunch main for a tenner - and they don't hold back on portions). Situated in the Italian Quarter off Ormonde Quay or Abbey Street at the other end, if you like Thai food, this is a must. If it's a nice day, you can sit outside and watch the world go by.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Reading, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem - very coeliac friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

We were looking for somewhere to have a nice lunch on our last day in Dublin before heading back to the airport.

From the outside during the day it can look deceptive but it's worth seeking out . Great food great service and reasonable prices.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere