“Brilliant place inside” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bank on College Green

The Bank on College Green
20-22 College Green, Dublin Dublin 2, Ireland (South City Centre)
+353 (1) 677 0677
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #62 of 1,820 Restaurants in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Doing business, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Perth, United Kingdom
“Brilliant place inside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

On a trip to Dublin I was taken here for my birthday and it was lovely.
From the moment you go inside the place is stunning, lovely original architecture really can imagine it as an old bank.

As we had booked we were seated on the mezzanine (think the menu is different from the bar) the menu wasn't to big but had a good choice. Our waitress was very helpful as my boyfriend wasn't to sure about what to have.

I had the pork belly and it was mouthwateringly good and I tried his pie also really good
We opted to each have a pudding but to share. Brownie and apple pie both good (not sure the apple pie was warm as stated but it was still lovely)

There was singing when we arrived at the bank which was a little louder than I'd like but apart from that the place was fantastic

• Turkish first
Troon, Scotland
“Great venue, fabulous surroundings and the food hits the mark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I loved this place, it had real character, friendly staff and the food was enjoyable. The menu changes daily I think, but there are standard items they keep each day. Watch out for when you book. We had a table at 4pm as we were eating lunch/early dinner due to our return flight time. We had a nice meal, but we just missed out on the dinner menu, which seemed to have a bigger choice. Had we known we would have waited and gone a little later. This is an old Belfast Bank premises, with the old vaults and all, the original features have been retained, which gives it real atmosphere. The live entertainment seemed a bit more refined than some of the other bars and the clientele probably less touristy, which again appealed. Lots of locals use it for Sunday roast meals - always a good sign.

Visited February 2013
Yellowknife, Canada
“The interiors will wow you, a must do/see in Dublin!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Myself and my hubby had the pleasure of enjoying a late lunch at The Bank Restaurant just this past weekend and were very happy with the overall experience. The atmosphere was fantastic and very family friendly (even though it was a rugby match day) and the staff were lovely and very helpful. I was a little bit disappointed with the menu on the day. As a vegetarian I checked their website beforehand and was really looking forward to lunch. When we got there we were told that unfortunately the menus were just changed and all in all they only had a limited choice for veggies (2 salads and a pasta dish). I decided to go with a goats cheese and beetroot salad and it was really lovely. My husband had a steak sandwich and was very happy with it. The presentation was nice (not too fancy, more like a homemade type food) and the food was tasty; for the two mains and 2 drinks we paid 40 Euro which is sort of what you have to expect in town. The biggest highlight though was the restaurant’s interiors, it is absolutely stunning and I’m sure will not only wow the tourists but also the more fussy locals. Great sophisticated yet friendly place, I would come back in a heartbeat!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bray, Ireland
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I came here with a few friends for someones birthday! The decor is exquisite, definitely somewhere to go on a special occasion! I had a a braised lamb shank and it was mouth watering absolutely delicious! I would come here again in a heart beat. I am already looking for the next occasion to get myself there again!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
“The best steak sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great Place to eat, atmosphere and staff are top notch. Really enjoyed this. Probably the best steak sandwich I have ever had! I will definitely be returning. Very reasonable also.

• Visited October 2012