“Wine Only” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Olesya's Wine Bar

Olesya's Wine Bar
18 Exchequer Street, Dublin, Ireland (South City Centre)
01 672 4087
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #464 of 1,845 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Tapas, Wine Bar, Eastern European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
“Wine Only”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Having never eaten here, I cannot comment on the food, but I will often go here with my girlfriend for some wine/sherry after dinner elsewhere. The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable and the wine list is well organised and extensive.
The prices are decent for Dublin city centre.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Dublin, Ireland
“Superb a little gem in Dublin.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have too say if you want a really relaxing and superb place too eat and drink from what I would also call the best wine list ever in Dublin you can't go wrong here.
From the moment you enter the staff are very friendly too the selection of food. We chose a meat platter which was amazing and just delicious.
The atmosphere is very relaxed the waiter helped us with a nice wine selection which was expensive but I didn't mind because it was spot on.
My friend and I had a great time next visit we will stay longer and really try the menu.
Can't fault this place at all. I would recommend too all. Go and enjoy you won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Galway, Ireland
“Best wine bar in Dublin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I always visit Oleysa's when we are in Dublin. Great wine list, good food and knowledgable staff. Would recommend this place to everyone!

• Visited June 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely place, great wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was in Olesya's twice: one evening with my husband and then one Sunday afternoon with a friend: both time, I found the place really pleasant!
In both occasions we had wine and a platter of food: mixed cured meat once and cheese the other time. They were really nice and generous in size, especially the huge meat platter! The wine list is extensive and the quality high: ask their lovely staff for advise if you can't decide, they are helpful and always happy to help!

Cork, Ireland
“Pleasant and relaxed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stopped here for dinner as we liked the looked of the place, and were not disappointed.

I had wild mushroom risotto for starter and seabass with peppers and olives for main, both were simple and unpretentious but very tasty, the risotto was cooked just right for my taste, creamy in texture and well seasoned and the seabass dish was light and refreshing. My husband had pate and confit duck, and he gave thumbs up for both. Early Bird deal was also pretty good value.

The wine selection was quite good, lots of options by the glass, and this would be a great place to spend an evening with friends, sharing cheese and meat platters and tasting different wines.

The service was friendly and professional, but I did feel a bit sorry for the waiter who was working alone - as the place started to fill up it was getting hard for him to keep up with everything, despite his best efforts.